Dinner tonight will be.......

Options

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    A pile of beef mince cooked up with peas, spinach, zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, onions, chopped tomatoes and a splurge of chopped garlic.

I cooked it in bulk yesterday, lobbed some tuna and tabasco in and had it with garlic bread.

After a day living off the splash of milk in my morning coffee it will go down very well indeed.
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Spinach and ricotta cannelloni :happy:
  • AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Steak and vegetables! Yummers.
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Deep dish pizza...
  • Frenchi76
    Frenchi76 Posts: 2
    Options
    Turkey chilli.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    turkey burgers with pesto and avacado...wild rice and veggies.....
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    yum everything sounds so good!

I usually cook once a week on my day off (not much of a day "off" since i spend it shopping for food, cooking said food, and then cleaning the house but what can you do) - i make a pile of chicken breast and/or turkey and /or roast chicken and portion it off and stick in the freezer. that, together with a big salad and/or cooked veg is lunch (at work).

Supper - i get home from work at 7-8 pm, so i'll usually have scrambled eggs with toast, or tuna on toast, or hummus on pita. last night, in a burst of inspiration, i made some ginger fried rice (yum) with egg.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Homemade turkey burgers and sweet potato wedges with baby spinach, avocado and sweet chiili sauce.
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburger soup!
  • DancingHev
    DancingHev Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Chicken Stew in the slow cooker (Tuesday is a busy day so I usually bung a meal in the slow cooker)

2 Chicken Breasts chopped into chunks
    A pack of pre-peeled, washed and chopped Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato
    A pack of diced Carrots and Swede
    Some Chopped Leeks
    Some savoy cabbage
    Vegetable stock
    Boiling water
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon mixed herbs

Throw it all in, turn it on low and leave to cook for up to 10 hours :) Easy peasy, especially if there are some pre-prepared veg on offer at the local supermarket :D
  • Frenchi76
    Frenchi76 Posts: 2
    Options
    Cheeseburger soup!

What's cheeseburger soup? That sounds interesting.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Homemade sweet and sour pork with white rice and egg noodles. Lots of pineapple and onion too methinks.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Quorn chicken, sharwoods tika sauce and Quinoa :) maybe some garlic bread if the cals will stretch
  • zinatara
    zinatara Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Vegetable and chicken stir fry with whole wheat noodles.
  • Mdcgc
    Mdcgc Posts: 28
    Options
    I have dineer like around 10 pm so I just have watermelon or something like that... sometimes a hard boiled egg
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Stir fried veggies with chicken breast and maybe a bite or two of fried rice!
  • Cainster13
    Cainster13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think,Chicken breast,with thai rice and colourful peppers ,spring onion,touch of soy sauce. yummm
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Seasoned turkey burger, broccoli, and cauliflower with cheese sauce, 2 glasses of water
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta with tuna, anchovies, roasted red peppers, oil-cured olives, and basil in a light alfredo sauce (melted Laughing Cow wedges with skim milk -- it works).
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    It's burger night! I always top mine with hummus, avocado, cheese, and grilled veggies. I've got an overgrown zucchini that I will slice and grill the rounds to go right on top. Probably some red bell pepper too. Steamed artichokes on the side. And probably a beer. :drinker: