Breast reduction and weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• pongo609
    pongo609 Posts: 9
    Options
    I had mine in 2000. I had given up on losing weight so I did it. I was working with insurance and disability leave which as a hairdresser in rare so I went for it. I have not regretted it at all. The largest I wore was a 42J I am now a 40C. The took just shy of 6 lbs. I am hoping I still have some boobs after weight loss! But I would have been miserable the last 10 years had I not done it. I healed very quickly but since I felt good I decided to paint the house while I was off and stretched my incisions under my arms which now looks bad but... can't it so don't go back to doing anything too soon especially raising your arms! Go for it!!!
  • BridgeKiki
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story.
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It was the fastest 5 pounds I've ever lost! I had mine in 1985, I was 19. No regrets whatsoever.

My advice, be clear that the chances of breastfeeding are greatly reduced. I couldn't but I was ok with that.

My scars have faded but in the end, i am scarred from side to side!

My back pains went away immediately.

Be sure to follow the instructions for after sugery care and be careful with exercise and lifting.

I had nerve ending pain for a complete 12 months after surgery.

I would do it again in a heartbeat if needed.
  • Clarissia_Nicole
    Clarissia_Nicole Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am getting this surgery at the end of the month and I am so nervous/excited! It really helps to hear all the positive feedback.
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I had mine in '99 during the last year of college. I was a 38 F+. I can't tell you exactly because I refused to buy big enough bras and kept stuffing them in smaller ones! I am 5'3" and was a little overweight at the time, but not by much. My surgeon told me my weight was fine. Insurance covered my surgery as it had been noted in my medical files for many years that I had back and neck pain. The first 3 days were painful, but with meds I was able to cope. I went to a 38C and was completely happy....no complications from the procedure and I was able to breastfeed 10 yrs later. I have put on weight since and am up to a D. I'm hoping to lose weight again and I'm sure they'll shrink. All in all I do not regret having it done.
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    i say pics or it didnt happen ! ;)
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction from a 38F to a 38C at 23 years old. I actually gained about 10lbs, while healing my body held on to everything! I finally lost it and then some when i got into heavy lifting. The breast reduction was by far the best decision i ever made for myself!
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    My mother & sister both had reductions & were happy with them. My mother has gained weight since & they've come back though. So, just something to watch out for.
  • IronFiend
    IronFiend Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had it done when I was 19 - loved the results. However, after 2 kids, I had nothing left....nothing. I wish my surgeon had told me to wait until after I had kids to have it done. Best wishes to you!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I had mine done alittle over 9 years ago. I was not over weight then though. I can say I would totally do it again anyday! Best thing ever. I did less then a year later get pregnant and gained a ton of weight. I had two more kids within two years and gained a lot of weight. I lost 50 lbs and my size really did not change much. I got a little fuller but not a cup size bigger after my children were born. When I lost 50 lbs they went back to the after surgery size of a full c (I got my size cut in half, 4 lbs frm each breast). I then got pregnant again and am breastfeeding but I still am only seeing a cup size bigger at the moment. It's amazing and you will totally love it.
  • msny15
    msny15 Posts: 14
    Options
    Had one before I had kids - I think I was 21? It was covered by insurance. I think I went from a DDD to a small C. I am 32 now and 3 kids later and wearing a 34DD at Victoria Secret. I like the size of them just not the south direction - if I wasn't such a baby I would consider getting implants - I know - reduction to implant or maybe a lift would be the answer?! Good Luck - first few days are rough especially cause I had the draining tubes and the worst pain was when they pulled the tubes out :0
  • Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I had mine 12 years ago when I was just 18. I wish I had done more research so I knew more about the complications.

I almost lost my nipples and ended up being in the hyperbaric chamber every day for over an hour for a week. That machine basically pumps oxygen into your body. It was very scary because they told me the machine could catch on fire and there would be nothing they could do about it..Nice! My husbands cousin actually ended up losing a nipple with her procedure.

I knew I would have scars but I didn't realize how big they would be. The scars are a lot lighter now but still a very visible T under my breast. I went from a 42DD on one side and 42E on the other to a 40C/D on both (depending on the brand).

Mine didn't really get bigger or smaller with any of my kids and I was able to produce milk also. Just fair warning to those that want to nurse, Large breast can make it very difficult too. Even after having a reduction my kids had problems latching because my breast were too large (according to several lactation consultants).

Overall I am glad I did it. It was worth it for the back pain and stares! Good Luck!
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!

I only WISH I could take some of yours. :flowerforyou: LOL. (38A, have to buy them online because most big women have big boobs) I have always felt like a freak of a nature in that sense. Am I comin' or goin' hmm....hard to say. LOL. Ugh.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    the best decision you'll ever make.....
  • princyasanka
    Options
    i will be having my breast reduction in about 18 more days...little bit scared but i have to get it done...my back,neck and shoulder had been bother me for years now..need some encouragement ..im also in the process of losing weight as well. will the surgery affect the weight loss? what about the pain after the surgery? any advice guys pls.
  • fitandhealthyby30
    Options
    I just had a reduction 8 weeks ago (38G to about a 38C). My surgery was only about 2 hours and there was no "pain" after, I was just a bit sore (did not need to take medication). Getting a reduction was one of the best things I have ever done. I feel amazing, and even after just 8 weeks, I barely have any scaring. :) Lots of luck to you :0)
  • princyasanka
    Options
    oh thank...i wish would have no pain as well...
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm a 16F (Australian btw) at the moment (not that I can find bras anywhere =S). I've been wanting a reduction since I was 18 and a 14E... I will be waiting until I lose all the weight first (just in case they go down naturally!) but if not I want to finally be a C cup, I haven't been a C cup since I was 15!!!

Good luck and I hope insurance covers it for you!

Kind of random, but I managed to find some in Target that go up to a G cup! They're really nice - a minimiser with back smoother, plus they are smooth all over so don't show bumps under silky tops like most bigger bras do (the reason I tried them!). I actually bought a new one last week and it still has the tag on - the code thing is BRA Y360XT. They really are the best bras ever! (Although my awesome sports bra, also from Target, comes pretty close).
  • satamian
    Options
    What, in your opinion, make for a "bad" surgeon? I'm scheduled for BR next month. My surgeon specializes in breast reconstruction for cancer. Is that ok for cosmetic BR?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!