How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
When I'm not dieting I rarely step on the scale. Usually because I don't like to see what it has to say. Now that I am trying to lose weight I am fighting the urge to not step on it everyday if not several times a day! I know it's recommended to weigh in weekly but how often do you weigh in?

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    A lot of people do not agree with this, but it works for me but only because I do not let the number on the scale determine how my day goes.

I weigh once before bed. Once when I wake up.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    once a week, and maybe a sneak peak mid week. but usually just once
  • LJSpencer
    LJSpencer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    everyday! morning and at night! If I don't and I spurge one day...I need to see if I have gained any so I can work harder the rest of the week!
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    :smile: me every morning
  • Anna_15
    Anna_15 Posts: 22
    Options
    personally i weigh every morning but only log it here every wednesday morning - it helps me see how i'm doing during the week and if i go up a bit i can drink more water or do more exercise!!
  • cuppycake22
    Options
    A lot of people do not agree with this, but it works for me but only because I do not let the number on the scale determine how my day goes.

I do the same thing as well! I find its easier to stay concentrated on eating right and staying active!
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    every morning after i wake up and do the necessary things and before i have breakfast i weigh in. if the number goes up i chalk it up to water weight or if i know i didn't behave the day before i know to correct the issue. usually i just see the weight stay the same or drop. i've only had a hand full of days where i went up since i started caring in may.
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    Twice a week. Wednesday and Saturday, although I confess to peeking in between those days too. As long as I'm down on the previous Wednesday or Saturday, I'm happy!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Every day when I wake up. I know it can fluctuate but it keep me accountable all the same. But I go by the weekly totals mostly. But its still nice to see changes mid week.
  • AshPolette717
    Options
    Every Monday and Thursday morning. Seeing if I surived a BAD eating weekend and preparing for the weekend.
  • indybrown
    Options
    I weigh myself 3-4 times a week, in the morning, but I only enter it in to MFP on Saturday mornings.
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    Day and night ans occasionally inbetween!!!!!!!!!!
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I do the same thing. I only use the morning weight as my "official" weight though. I use it for accountability, but I know it can vary about 1-3 pounds from morning to night. I am addicted.. lol
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but I only count it for weigh in's on monday morning.
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but I only count it for weigh in's on monday morning.

Ditto.....it's working for me.
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. If I'm less than the day before it motivates me to keep going. If I'm more than the day before it motivates me to try harder. Win, win.
  • Tandksmommy10
    Options
    Multiple times a day. It's like an addiction, but I only weigh in once a week on MFP. I just like to see what the number on the scale says. Makes me work harder if it hasn't budged all week before weigh-in.
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning, I wake up, do my morning routine, and when I'm just out of the shower I weigh myself. I am lucky in that I don't seem to fluctuate much at all. I'm at 30 pounds of the 115 pounds I am going to drop, so right now, my numbers are still going down a fair bit every couple of days or so, I know as I get closer to the goal, that my numbers will not drop as quickly, but I think I'll still weigh myself daily, it has become a ritual, like taking a shower or having the cup of joe :bigsmile:
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I want to do it every morning, but I don't. I wait for as long as I can stand not to know if I'm progressing at all.
    I try to focus on how I'm feeling (healthy? more energy? ect) b/c numbers on the scale can effect my day too much and if it's not the progress I was thinking or hoping for... I give myself permission to bing on crap.

I think you can do what feels right for you. If you are doing it every day and don't see what you want, and are getting frustrated, cut back so you stay on track and stay motivated. If everyday makes you more motivated... then go for it.
  • LissaP26
    LissaP26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have an addiction- I weigh myself daily and log it daily. I do get disappointed if I see the number hasn't changed or if it's gone up, but that gives me extra motivation to work harder or look at the previous day and figure out what went wrong. I also have an addiction to salt, so it helps me monitor my salt/water intake so that i do not retain a ton of fluid.