"fat" clothes?

Options

Replies

• KristenElizabeth7
    KristenElizabeth7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I saved my biggest pair of jeans... If you look at my profile pictures you will see the only thing I think my "fat" jeans were good for!!! GET RID OF IT ALL!!! Donate it, sell it, give it away!!!
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I donate everything, did the same with my to small clothes years ago.

Will byy new ones .
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I know everyone says donate, but I always keep a pair of pants that's maybe one size bigger than my lowest size (maybe something you bought in transition). We're women - we can put on 5lbs overnight for eating a pretzel and lose it all the next day. While being able to fit into them may not be the best feeling if it comes, it feels a hell of a lot better than walking around in a pair of pants with bits of you spilling out. I've been there - you feel SO insecure and you're constantly thinking of how fat you must look in these teeny pants and it's a reminder of how far you've fallen.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I dropped two dress sizes, got rid of my size 20s and keeping some of the 18s until I get down another dress size, just incase x
  • crose0056
    crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    When I am heavy it's elastic for everything as I shrink they still feel even more comfortable
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    First post in this thread also talks about getting rid of fat clothes:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/988488-happy-birthday-to-me-from-morbidly-obese-to-healthy-pics
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I've kept the largest pair of pants I ever wore so I can see how far I've come.

When I have new clothes that fit me currently - went shopping for jeans/shirts in April - I donated 90% of my too big clothes (some t-shirts I now sleep in since shops don't carry dorm shirts/nighties anymore).
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I was happy to give away my 40" pants, and will be doing the same in the next week with the 38s and most of the XXL shirts. Can't wait to give away the rest of the stuff I have :).

If anyone needs some 38" pants/jeans let me know.
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    Donate everything that is more than one size too big. Repeat once you reach your goal weight. Way too tempting to let the weight creep on again otherwise! There is nothing better than shopping for smaller jeans :smile:
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am donating. I live near Moore, Ok. Suited for Success and another group gave partnered tto provide professional clothing for women that have lost everything in the tornado. My suits, dresses, shoes, belts, etc that are too big are going to them. I am giving away shoes because I have lost shoe size. My causal clothes are going to a church that is collecting. Don't hang on the past.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    This is a crappy situation for me. I have lost a lot of weight so none of my clothes fit (besides one "motivation" outfit I originally bought) BUT I am not even halfway to my goal - so I don't want to buy much new stuff because in 6 months they will be too big as well.

I guess Ill suck it up now - hope the dryer shrinks clothes each time I use it LOL

I will be giving it away when I do buy new clothes though. I was thinking Goodwill styles but I dunno, I'd also like to find a person in need and directly connect with them. Maybe Reddit is the best choice for that - no idea how to do it.

I just know for me - I had a tough time finding good looking clothes since I was HUGE. Once I started making more money I started buying a ton of nice big and tall clothes. The best Big and Tall available IMO was from Polo. So I have a pretty nice collection of Ralph Lauren Polos (short sleeved and long), sweaters, button ups, t-shirts...and a decent (though not Polo) suit.

Id have no problem giving them to GoodWill but I was a 5x-6x :O I dont want people using that stuff for costumes LOL if I can help out some young guy who wants to dress better. Dressing better helped me feel better which helped fuel this current weight loss - so I wanna find a way to really connect with someone who I know could use them.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I live near Moore as well! S 119th and Penn
  • nabzilla_uk
    nabzilla_uk Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have very little left in my wardrobe that isn't too big anymore, I invested in a sewing machine to take some of the clothes in temporarily, But if something doesn't fit I've given it away. Theres no way I want to be that size again and I know myself, If I have 'fat' clothes I will probably fill them up again!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Get rid of them! You are absolutely right, they provide a "cushion" that you can go back to at any time. Donate them, trash them or burn them but never keep them!
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    Get rid of 'em! Don't give yourself permission to backslide! I just pulled a bunch of XXL and some XL shirts out of my closet last night to make room for the new L shirts I just bought. I am still wearing a belt with jeans and work pants, because I don't want to invest a lot into those until I am closer to my goal weight.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I am giving away my fat clothes this time because I'm done getting fat. I'm never wearing them again, so I'm not keeping them. I started a "give away" pile and am going to take them to a donation box to give away.

I will say though that I kept one pair of pants because I want to always remind myself of how far I've come.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I had been donating them, but I have 3 kitchen trash bags full and am thinking of hanging onto these to sell at the community yard sale and get a little of the money I paid for them. Many of them look new because I hardly wore them.
  • TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Options
    I can't wait to start giving away my clothes!!

Just this weekend I tried on a couple shirts that used to be snug in the mid-section. Plenty of room now. :-)

Shoot, even more, I can't wait to go clothes shopping!!!!!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I donated most, I kept a couple things in case we have another baby anytime soon but I got rid of the "cushion".
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    DITCH THEM!!! I just figured I will NEVER go back!! I donated everything... except for 1 dress that I will have altered to my size once I reach my goal....