Best kind of cereal???

Options
Behxo
Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
I've been eating Fiber one and Special K but was wondering if there was something better that doesn't taste gross or like nothing. I've heard that eating Kashi cereal is healthy and great for weight loss, I'd like to hear what you guys eat for cereal.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Kashi is good....but my favorite is Cascadian Farms.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    bob's red mill 10 grain cereal. super easy, add in some fruit to sweeten it.

i also like kashi.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Corn pops.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love Cheerios - can eat a lot for very few calories and bonus - they reduce cholesterol!
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options
    I toast coconut flakes in the toaster oven and add almond milk.

That is my cereal.
  • Behxo
    Options
    looking for cereal that's low in sugar and has a good amount of fiber
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Oats or gtfo
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Porridge oats! I'm such a convert! I used to eat Special K, but the recommended serving size (30g) is a tiny amount of cardboard-tasting flakes in the bottom of your bowl, which taste gross with skimmed milk. I'm now on porridge oats with skimmed milk and a teaspoon of golden syrup or honey for a little bit of sweetness. At around 180 cals per bowl it's not that many more calories than Special K, it tastes a whole lot better, and it fills you up more.

If you want to reduce the sugar, add something else - fresh fruit or yoghurt maybe. In Scotland they actually put salt in their porridge rather than a sweetener.
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Crazy in love with Holy Crap Cereal Dragon's Blend... so yummy.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I might be the only person in the world but I love grape nuts with sliced banana on top. They are very filling and I will also eat them plain but do sprinkle .5 a teaspoon of sugar on top if eating without fruit.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I eat Uncle Sam's Toasted Whole Wheat Flakes & Flaxseed. It has no added sugar and 10g of fiber per 3/4c serving. I think it only has 3 ingredients - wheat, flax and salt. It's a little dull on taste but I add a tablespoon of chopped nuts and some banana or blueberries and some Truvia and it's very good. It's wonderful sprinkled on yogurt too (I use about 1/4 c when I do this).
  • cheers_b
    cheers_b Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I put together a mix of Shreddies, Multigrain Cherrios, All Bran, Kashi and then add a sugary one in - like Fruit Loops or Honey Bunches of Oats. I put these all together in a big container -- ready to pour throughout the week and its great! also makes for a good snack when you feel like grazing at night!!

cheers
    b
  • mdraper60
    mdraper60 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi! The Go Lean Crunch is my favorite. I don't like soggy cereal and that one stays nice and crunchy while I'm eating it and keeps me full for a long time also!
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    interesting in reading ideas....
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Fiber one and Special K but was wondering if there was something better that doesn't taste gross or like nothing. I've heard that eating Kashi cereal is healthy and great for weight loss, I'd like to hear what you guys eat for cereal.

No cereal will produce magic weight loss.

Weight loss is about eating less calories than you burn.

So, any cereal that you like and can make fit into your calorie goal will be the "best kind of cereal."
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

No cereal will produce magic weight loss.

Weight loss is about eating less calories than you burn.

So, any cereal that you like and can make fit into your calorie goal will be the "best kind of cereal."

^ This! I eat some honey almond granola that i get out of the bulk foods area of my grocery store with some whole milk. 600+ calorie breakfast for me this morning.
  • Behxo
    Options
    Yea I always tend to go over my sugar and I wanted something that had more fiber in it, so I guess just wanted a healthier cereal that'd make it easier for me to stay in the positives
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I eat Kashi with some fruit (raisins or 1/2 banana, sliced) with skim milk.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE my Great Grains!!!! I also tend to mix my cereals with Cheerios or something bland because I hate all the sugar. This might be because I hate milk and hardly put any in! I guess it'd be less sweet with more milk, but yuck lol
  • Behxo
    Options
    thank you everyone for your input, what appealed to me most so far is Kashi and Great Grains. Think I'll give those a try mixed with some fruit