How do you eat your yogurt?

Options
I know nonfat plain greek is the way to go..but it's the texture that bugs me. If I add granola or walnuts I am good but it adds calories..what do others do I"d love to know..also the sweetness is not so great! :(

Replies

• catolerico
    catolerico Posts: 25
    Options
    I add 1/2 cup of frozen berries to mine. The juice from the berries plus 1/2 a packet of Splenda makes it sweeter without a lot of extra calories.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    finely sliced apple and cinnamon. Trust me, you will be ADDICTED in no time ;) any fruit in there makes it heaven!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    finely sliced apple and cinnamon. Trust me, you will be ADDICTED in no time ;) any fruit in there makes it heaven!
    That sounds really delicious. o: I've been trying to get out of the sugary flavored yogurts, and this sounds like an excellent place to start.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    With a spoon.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Frozen and in an ice cream cone with sprinkles
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    With a spoon.

Get out of my brain!
  • vabelle86
    vabelle86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I mash a banana up and add chia seeds, shredded coconut, and honey....heaven.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt is nasty to me! I just eat Dannon LIght and Fit Greek flavoured yogurts (specifically the cherry one).
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    since greek yogurt is quite thick I spread it on a bagel thin or a whole grain frozen waffle and pretend its cream cheese :) (haven't done it in a while but it sure is great)!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    1/2 c yogurt, 1/4 c cottage cheese, 1 T chopped walnuts, 1/2 banana, 2 strawberries, 1/4 c Uncle Sam's Wheat Flakes and Flaxseed cereal and a packet of Truvia = 300 calories and it's delicious. Add the cereal just before eating or it gets soggy. I also substitute 1/4 c frozen blueberries for the strawberries or mix them sometimes. You can mix all of these ingredients together or mix the yogurt and cottage cheese and layer with the rest of the ingredients to make a pretty parfait. It fills a 16 oz glass.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I sometimes buy plain fage 0% greek yogurt (which tastes like sour cream but has the best nutrition( and I stir in spoon of sugar-free pudding mix (like pistachio or vanilla) and a few chopped walnuts...

For the fruity ones... I think the absolute best is the Dannon Light & Fit Greek 2x Protein-- I get cherry or raspberry.
    80 calories and nothing required..its sweet enough and only 80 calories.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I know nonfat plain greek is the way to go..but it's the texture that bugs me. If I add granola or walnuts I am good but it adds calories..what do others do I"d love to know..also the sweetness is not so great! :(

My new obsession is plain non-fat chobani greek yogurt with 1 tsp of raw honey stirred into it...SOOO yummy. I also like to add fresh fruit if I don't do the honey - my fave at the moment is pomegranate arils, but I also like to add sliced strawberries, raspberries, blackberries or blueberries. All add sweetness without a lot of calories.

As far as the texture, I recommend trying several different brands (chobani, fage, store-brand, etc) - each one is slightly different - also, make sure you stir it up really well. I find I like Chobani the best....but that's me :)
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    For snack, cinnamon and honey

Add honey, frozen blueberries, cinnamon and slivered almondsf for a good dessert.
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    With a spoon. I forgot my spoon yesterday and had to use a fork...trust me...use a spoon!

Edit: I didn't read the replies before posting...glad I am not the only one!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    With a spoon.

Get out of my brain!

Never!
  • mopries
    mopries Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ugh yes I've never been a fan of yogurt. I've tried greek yogurt so many times in so many ways but I can't seem to get over the texture or smell.
  • Shoedragon
    Options
    Start with plain non-fat yogurt and add a squirt of MIO to it. Any flavor you want..
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Why non-fat?

I get the 2% Oikos .. the Lime on the bottom is SO frickin good. The fat free stuff tastes like regular yogurt, and I won't pay that much for watery Greek yogurt, when I can get a 12 pack of Danon for the same price... I love my thick, creamy Oikos!
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    With honey! Fage is my favorite brand. I don't care for Chobani because it has a weird aftertaste to me. Sometimes I will add strawberries and honey.
  • amandaleigh89
    amandaleigh89 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't eat Greek yogurt normally but I've used it as a sauce on chicken or pork. I use a teaspoon of milk and honey to thin it out and make it sweeter.