How old were you when you stopped...?

Options
MeIShouldB
MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
Going into the same dressing room with your mom (if you are a woman) or dad (if you are a man)? My mom and I went shopping yesterday and we automatically go into the dressing room together (I'm 24) and I made a joke to her (I bet for most people this would have started being weird YEARS ago.

Replies

• Justme030
    Justme030 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Actually I do it too with my mom/sister whoever and I'm 30 lol
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Probably 10ish, but then again my mom hated shopping. Once I was old enough to get to the store myself, I was on my own and had nobody coming in with me.
  • Justme030
    Justme030 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    It's much easier than having to come out after every change.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    My daughter is 7 and very independent (I have no idea where she gets it from :wink: )...she goes in by herself already and will come out and model. I believe I was about the same age when I wanted to do it all myself, too, and made my mom stay out in the hallway or go into her own room.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Going into dressing rooms with wife is still fun.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Going into dressing rooms with wife is still fun.

Way hey.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Actually I do it too with my mom/sister whoever and I'm 30 lol

i'm 30, as well. and i go into the dressing room with my mom. saves dressing rooms--and only at kohl's. they have large rooms. otherwise, it's every woman for herself.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I still go with my Mom to put stuff back on hangers for her. Plus, she's handicapped, so I have to help her anyway.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Wait, how old is too old?
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    nah I"m 34 and I still would.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    probabally about age 10 as well. :)
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Probably as soon as I learned to walk.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    I don't remember ever going into the dressing room with a parent... So, probably before age 10.
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My mom and I are close in size so we will go in together, try things on, show each other and then swap. Plus we are just really close.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I'm not allowed anymore...they never have any toilet paper in there! :(
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My mom never took me shopping.

My daughter will go into a public restroom by herself (if I stand outside) and into a fitting room by herself and she's 6. Of course I'll come in if she needs help with something, but she's quite independent.
  • Bajiggity
    Bajiggity Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I still go in with my mom if we are shopping together and also with my daughter. We like to try things on together and then ask opinions.
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I still go in with my mom and my sister and I am 22, my sister is 16. Sometimes if there is a really long line we even go into the bathroom stall together.....

I don't think it's weird, she will always be your mom!
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Ha! Never stoopped... I'm 29 and I shared a dressing room with my mom on Saturday
  • Clovergirl143
    Clovergirl143 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    LOL Honestly, (not to be gross) but my Mom and I still go into the family bathroom together sometimes and it's not weird (I'm 25). Dressing rooms we usually don't because my Mom *HATES* trying on clothes...But if she weren't so against trying on clothes, we would definitely still do it. We still do the whole, "How does this look?" thing, I just have to open the door to my dressing room :P I think it just depends on your relationship with your Mom. My Mom and I are best friends, so it's not weird for us to do that.