Finally Saying Hello...

Hello!
I joined MFP in March but did not get into my lifestyle change with full force until May. I have lost 16 lbs. but have a long road ahead yet. I have high blood pressure and hypothyroidism, both controlled with medication. My family has a long history of heart disease and diabetes. I want to be the exception. I need to get my weight under control and be as healthy as I can be for myself and my son. This site is so helpful and easy to use. I have learned a lot from reading various posts and comments. I am looking forward to continue on this new path in my life and meet new friends.

Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• SourApple
    SourApple Posts: 2
    Hello!
    I joined MFP in March but did not get into my lifestyle change with full force until May. I have lost 16 lbs. but have a long road ahead yet. I have high blood pressure and hypothyroidism, both controlled with medication. My family has a long history of heart disease and diabetes. I want to be the exception. I need to get my weight under control and be as healthy as I can be for myself and my son. This site is so helpful and easy to use. I have learned a lot from reading various posts and comments. I am looking forward to continue on this new path in my life and meet new friends.

Good luck to everyone!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Hello. 16 lb is amazing. Keep going...
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    welcome.gif
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Welcome! Keep up the excellent work and best of luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle!!

-Tami
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Welcome to the best site on the web!
    I've got a thyroid problem too, and thought THAT was the reason I couldn't lose, but kept gaining each year. A friend told me about this site several months ago, and I've been losing ever since!!!
    I'm sure you will too!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Welcome... and congratulations on the 16 lbs. so far. That's fantastic!
  • lslough
    lslough Posts: 32
    Good for you! Keep up the good work!
  • pugmom
    pugmom Posts: 1
    Hi all I was directed to this site from a friend on another site. I actully signed up a couple of weeks ago but didn't do anything with my profile until today.
    I'm hopeing I can make some new friends while I lose the extra weight.:laugh:
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Welcome to MFP!
    16 pounds is a great start!