Support group- at home exercise programs

Options
So I am currently on Week 4 of P90X2. It has been a challenge but fun at the same time.

Have you done P90X2 or maybe P90X, Insanity or any other program?

This group is simply a support group to provide support for one another to be able to help get motivate and have others who are in a similar situation with you.

It doesn't matter what type of workout you do or where you are at with your program. This group is STRICTLY a motivation tool and support for any of those who feel they need to help to succeed.

Beginners and veterans welcome!!! So lets help one another succeed at losing weight

GET IT DONE!

Jimmy

Replies

• jimmymiro12
    Options
    So in my P90X2 workout today I had Plyocide which is similar to a Plyometrics workout but incorporating more focus on the core. This is week 4 for me so this workout is not too much of a challenge but I feel the burn afterwards.

What did you do for your workout today? How was your diet?
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am in the recovery week of Insanity (day 31) and did that this morning. I love it although this one I've actually ached a bit with :frown:

Diet wise I've had a disasterous day. :cry:

Do you need any equipment for P90X?
  • jimmymiro12
    Options
    P90X and P90X2 you do need equipment. P90X requires less. Basically you need weights of variable lbs, and a pull-up bar. These can however be swapped out for GOOD resistance bands which work similarly to weights when lifting, but also there is an attachment you can use to mimic a pull-up without a pull-up bar which is what I have to do in my house
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Been doing BeachBody program for years, P90X/2, Insanity, Asylum and about to go Body Beast. I love them. No I'm not a coach and I don't NEED one :angry: lol

Anyhow it's awesome, if you have any questions I'd be glad to help. :drinker:

Gary
  • enrique145
    Options
    I am starting doing week 5 of Insanity. The exercises got significantly more challenging. I am 6'0'' and weighting 210 lbs. I am eating according to the diet plan, but still haven't lost any weight. Anybody with the same issue?
  • jimmymiro12
    Options
    Welcome P90XBowler and Enrique. So today was supposed to be my day off. Yes on P90X2 you get 2 days off a week so I decided to take the Yoga mat outside by my pool, do some additional yoga, stretching and use the foam roller. Very relaxing day but I know the next 3 days will be taxing
  • jimmymiro12
    Options
    Evlesmum how did things go for you with INSANITY today?

Jimmy
  • Eviesmum
    Options
    Ok although my arms are aching alot with the recovery week. Funny how I've not ached at all with the first 4 weeks.
  • jimmymiro12
    Options
    Today was Yoga-X2. Love this workout. I feel great and I'm ready for the day. What workout did you do today?
  • jabrock9
    jabrock9 Posts: 65
    Options
    I finished Insanity last month and am now doing an Insanity/Les Mills Pump hybrid.
  • RhondaRoss1971
    Options
    Just starting Turbo Fire (for the second time - it's been a while). Really want to be able to stick with it this time. I hate getting up early in the morning but if I don't do it in the morning before I go to work I know I won't get it done! In the past two weeks I am trying very hard to eat better. No, I'm not talking about "Clean Foods" or "Whole Foods". I'm simply talking about trying to eat fruits and veggies. I am a junk food junkie! So not only do I have to develop a new habit, I have to get rid of an old one! So come on peeps, kick my butt!!!! ;)
    Good luck everyone!
    Rhonda
  • jimmymiro12
    Options
    @jabrock9: That sounds like a fun challenge. What do you think of it so far? Any problems with the program yet? Was this a hybrid you got from a site or did you create it yourself?

@RhondaRoss197: Even as a male I love TurboFire. It is so much fun. While not as challenging as some of the other programs it is probably one of the most fun programs I have ever done. Also the ab workout is pretty intense
    Fruits and vegetables are a great choice of snack. I absolutely love to take an apple with some cinnamon on it. Its SO GOOD!!!!
    What type of junk food do you eat? There are always great alternatives when it comes to these types of habits. Take it from someone who a year ago barely touched a vegetable and loved ice cream and other sweets. I would love to be able to help you kick this habit and hope this group will help you and everyone else who posts.

Glad to hear everyone is trying to work to better their lives.

GOOD LUCK on your workout today

Jimmy
  • jimmymiro12
    Options
    Today was X2 Balance & Power. Fun workout. What did you do today?
  • RhondaRoss1971
    Options
    I haven't done anything today. I was so lazy this morning, I even had half my workout outfit on and just took it off and got back into my pj's! How bad is that!!!! I am however going to work out as soon as I get my lazy butt home!
  • jimmymiro12
    Options
    Hey Rhonda I hope you worked out today :)

So I did P90X2- Chest, Back and Balance along with Ab Ripper X2

Hope everyone else did well

Jimmy
  • Eviesmum
    Options
    Just done Fitness day 3 (day 36 of Insanity).

Results from fit test 1 to fit test 3

Switch Kicks - +2
    Power Jacks - +2
    Power Knees - +30
    Power Jumps - +8
    Globe Jumps - +4
    Suicide Jumps - +3
    Push Up Jacks - +14
    Low Plank Oblique - +26

So they are going up.

Although I've got a niggle in my shoulder - I hope it's nothing :( (ETA - I think it may be bad)
  • jimmymiro12
    Options
    Just done Fitness day 3 (day 36 of Insanity).

Results from fit test 1 to fit test 3

Switch Kicks - +2
    Power Jacks - +2
    Power Knees - +30
    Power Jumps - +8
    Globe Jumps - +4
    Suicide Jumps - +3
    Push Up Jacks - +14
    Low Plank Oblique - +26

So they are going up.

Although I've got a niggle in my shoulder - I hope it's nothing :( (ETA - I think it may be bad)

I was going to say the most important thing is that the numbers all went up. Congratulations

PLYOCIDE today. And my core is really feeling it from yesterday. Glad tomorrow is rest day
  • enrique145
    Options
    Week 7 almost done!
  • jimmymiro12
    Options
    Awesome Enrique.

Sorry I didn't post the last few days.

Today was P90X2- Chest, Back and Balance along with Ab Ripper X2

Not a difficult workout but I know I will feel it tomorrow.

What did you do today?