Do you own a scale?

Options
2»

Replies

• jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My wife has one that I never use. I never used to weight myself but since I'm on a weight loss program I actually do it weekly. I restrict myself to the scale at work (once per week) though since I don't want to develop a habit of daily weigh checking.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I went almost a full half century without owning a scale. I only weighed at doctor's visits, at other's houses or on those machines at the drug store. I wasn't overweight so it really didn't matter. Now that I own one, I weigh nearly every day. Sometimes several times a day. I don't freak out over the fluctuations though. Not as long as my pants still fit. :wink:
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yes. I weigh myself every morning at home. BUT, my official weight is logged every Tuesday from the scale at work.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Buy a tape measure instead????I've got scales but I'd love to throw them out, hubby likes to keep them as we have to weigh the cat (he's very fat) on a regular bases, the scales otherwise remain hidden under our bed as I don't like my kids weighing themselves they don't need that in their lives
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I have one and a good tape measure I weigh myself when I think about it which is normally laundry day since its in the basement. Keep it put up if your worried about weighing too much. Just don't freak if you gain a pound and weigh right after you use the bathroom in the morning its the most accurate.
  • Pnuke77
    Pnuke77 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm a numbers guy so I weigh myself and get my BF checked every Friday. I like to keep all sorts of graphs and charts on my progress.
  • annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I only get on it maybe twice a week. I'm not going to regain my lost weight if I KNOW how much I weigh. I will not obsess over my numbers. I obsess over eating healthy food and staying active.
  • Jenny_Ren1
    Jenny_Ren1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi! I weigh myself weekly. The day I started, (last June) on a Tuesday, is my official weigh-in day! I keep a personal blog and enter the dates and weights each and every week. While some people have commented that this might be too frequent to weight oneself, I've found it helps keep me on track. Although I fell off the bandwagon for 10 months, I didn't gain any weight back; so that's good!

I believe that I found myself 100 lbs overweight (at my heaviest) because I never did weigh myself, or went months at a time without doing so. So, yeah, I think it's a good idea to keep track, just don't do it daily! Hide the darn scale if necessary! lol

Best of luck! :-)

This is exactly what I do. I have an app on my phone and a spreadsheet where I track my weight each week. I have to do this to keep myself in check. Different things work for different people. I've found I gain weight when I stop weighing regularly. I pretend my clothes aren't getting tighter! Ha! I think weighing on the same day, at the same time of day, gives me the consistency needed to not fret over daily differences. Also, I keep it in my closet so I'm not tempted to weigh more frequently.
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I own one, but it is now confiscated and buried in the cupboard. I get a bit OCD...which isnt good with an ED, so now I weigh weekly at my GP office. Although I am tempted to buy a body analyser once I hit a certain goal. Look for loose fitting clothes, tape measure, more flexibility, stamina, etc as this is a health journey not just a weight loss journey :)
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yes, weight scale & food scale.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale, I weigh myself at work on one of those "sit down" health booths, that does weight and blood pressure, etc. When I go to the doctor, I make them not tell me what the weight is, since it is best to weigh on the same scale around the same time. I also do not weigh myself more than once every 2 weeks.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I never thought to weigh at work! I'm going to weigh myself out in my shipping department right now. That will probably keep me from doing it more than once a week, out of fear my shipping team will think I'm crazy =) Thanks for the input folks!