Stomach churning for days after eating a greasy meal

Options
toffee2013
toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
I had a bbq at the weekend and after this i have experienced/experiencing intense stomach churning and even at my sides . This has had happened on three different occasions ( since i started losing weight in jan ) and has always started after eating something greasy . I rarely rarely eat crap and so annoyed that when i do i get this . Its not like i get it for just a few hours , it goes on for a few days after . Really confused . I know what it feels like when ur stomach shrinks and then u eat a large meal and feel awful but its not that . Anyone ?

Replies

• onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Yes! This happens to me when I eat out- I get indigestion and the like, and it feels like hell in my stomach!

I think since you're used to eating easily digestible whole grains, fruits, veggies, dairy, etc. your body takes time to adjust to and eliminate the hard to digest waste.

As for a cure to this problem? I don't know- I just live with it :grumble:
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Ye i guess that makes sense . x
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Gallbladder issues?
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Yeah, your body just isn't used to it anymore. You could probably chew tums or take a Prilosec OTC before eating if you know it's going to be greasy, and that may help prevent the worst of it.
  • jenine4366
    jenine4366 Posts: 11
    Options
    I can't eat anything with a lot of grease/oil/butter on it. One of my favorite restaurants to go to with friends sautes their veggies in a bunch of butter and their garlic mashed potatoes come out with a pool of butter on it. Last time I went I asked for no extra butter and was able to eat my entire meal without getting an upset stomach afterwards. Fried foods are pretty much out now unless I only have one or two fries/pickles/etc.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That's my incentive to avoid greasy food now. I know I'll get sick. I used to have stomach issues and reflux before too so I'm extremely careful and try not to go over my fat macro (most days). I had horrible stomach pains for days sometimes. Never again.
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This same thing has been happening to me for years. How long it lasts depends on how badly I overdid it. I rarely use butter or oil (other than cooking spray) in my cooking, and when I eat something greasy, it's a major shock to my digestive system.

The aftermath of eating fried junk has become its own deterrent for me. Sometimes I crave onion rings or something like that, but then I think about what I'll have to deal with for the next 6-8 hours (minimum) and I'm like, "Nah, I'm good." HA!!!