Snacks?!

Options
When people say they have 4-6 meals a day, breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks. What kind of snacks are you having? At the moment, I am just having fruit but I am not sure whether other things would be beneficial too?

Replies

• Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My snacks are between 150-250 calories. low fat yogurt and cottage cheese, almonds, protein bar, steel cut oats, fruit.
  • heatherlauren27
    Options
  • yazarcizer
    Options
    I just found this gluten free snack called the CookiNut. It is entirely made of nuts, no flour or anything. Sometimes I even have 2 CookiNuts for lunch with a glass of skim milk. And they keep me naturally full for 4-5 hours. They are delicious! Here is the link: they only sell them online though. http://www.sweetnuttings.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1818

Other than that I will eat protein heavy snacks like Sardines in olive oil. Because I want to eat something filling, and go therefore for protein.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I have fruit, cottage cheese, cheese sticks, vegetables and hummus, crackers, or yogurt. I tend to prefer something protein based because it keeps me fuller longer, but sometimes I like me carbohydrates. (:
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    fruit
    PB
    edamame
    yogurt
    nuts
    Pop tarts

Pretty much anything and everything that fits within your calorie budget for snacks will do.
  • foodfastfit
    foodfastfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Beanitos bean chips. It tastes too good to be true.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello
    Greek yogurt
    Almonds
    Pecans
    Cottage cheese + whey protein
    Cottage cheese + salsa
    Cottage cheese + natural pb + cinnamon + stevia