How often do you weigh yourself on a SCALE?

Options
I have the bad habit of constantly checking my weight and it drives me nuts since it obviously fluctuates frequently based on your meals and exercise. So yesterday I asked my dad to just hide the scale and only weigh myself once a week.

Is this a good idea?
And I'm wondering how often you guys measure your weight on a scale?

Thanks!

Replies

• daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You'll get a lot of different replies here, personally I weight myself once a day, every morning, other than that its pretty rare. Occassionally at the gym even though their scale is different just to see my progress while there, I jump on before and after a workout.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on a SCALE daily.

Once every two weeks I weigh myself on a lampshade.

Scale works better.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

Scale works better.

Pics or it didn't happen

ETA: Do you have any studies to back up your audacious claims?
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Just curious, but what else would you weigh yourself on? :) Just the way you capitalized "SCALE" makes it seem like you could weigh yourself on something else... :P

Anyway, I usually weigh every day/every other day, in the morning right after I've woken up. But your idea works too -- if it keeps you from going crazy. I don't get bothered when I see the little fluctuations up/down so weighing every day works for me. Find what works for you.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on a sack of potatoes, usually once a week or two.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Twice a day. Three times if I meet with my trainer.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Once a week. Sunday mornings - get up, go to the bathroom, weigh and measure.

This week I will have an additional as I have to go into the hospital for testing and I need to weigh at the hospital before I'm admitted.

All depends, I used to do daily and I got so pissed off. So I opted for once a week, and I seem to do fine.
  • chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I go pee before I get in the shower.

Then I weigh again after I get out of the shower, cos wet hair weighs more right?

But that is me done till the next day
  • BeTheFire
    BeTheFire Posts: 102 Member
    Options

Scale works better.

I tried using a george foreman grill; burned the hell out of my feet. Scale works better.
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    ONCE a week, every Friday. I did weight myself every day, but I was driving myself crazy.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I weigh by filling up a bathtub and measuring how much spills out when I sit in it.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Every month at the doctor's office.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    every wednesday and either saturday or sunday morning. i do skip weeks here and there if i am feeling like i've had too much sodium.
  • HideyoshiKinoshita
    HideyoshiKinoshita Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday or Sunday. :)
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh everyday, and the fluctuations made me insane. The fluctuations made me question my progress constantly, so I was always sabotaging myself.
    I just implemented the idea that I am only going to weigh once a week. That way, not matter what it says on Sunday morning, I know I've had a good week!
    It helps me stay on track.

Good Luck!
  • Lylie1985
    Lylie1985 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself and log that weight every sunday morning after going to the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything.

I'll weigh myself every couple of days in the morning but just to make sure the scale is heading in the right direction. I dont freak out if the scale goes up unless its a Sunday :)
  • JessicaMcguigan123
    JessicaMcguigan123 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, a monday in the morning. I try to avoid checking it any other time as the satisfaction of seeing 1-2lbs lost is so rewarding. I do a cheeky mid week weigh if im feeling naughty though!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. Doing this made me understand fluctuations. (ie, "Yeah... I ate a lot at that party, but I know damn well I didn't consume the 17500 extra calories I would have needed to REALLY gain five pounds!") So I don't get bent out of shape over normal changes.
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Once a month.