why wont it go away??????????

Options
i am doing good with my not smoking but i cant seam to lose the weight i believe im in a plato how do you get out of that ? come help me please ! :sad:

Replies

• lisatownsend
    Options
    i am doing good with my not smoking but i cant seam to lose the weight i believe im in a plato how do you get out of that ? come help me please ! :sad:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Your body is going through a lot after quitting smoking. It may just be getting on an "even keel". According to everything I've read about coupling quitting smoking and weight loss, the fact that you are not gaining is actually a huge accomplishment!

Give yourself time. (I know that's way easier said than done). It will happen. You can totally do it! (if you can quit smoking, you can do nearly anything!)
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i gave myself a whole month to just deal with the smoking. i gained 5 lbs. I lost it now and I didnt stress mself too bad about it. So once again be happy you havent gained.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    viviakay is right - it's be proud that you're not gaining. Your body may just want to handle one change before it can tackle the next. Quitting smoking took most of my attention for the first 3 or 4 months after I quit a year and a half ago. Give your body time to get used to life without cigarettes, then it will be more than happy to get used to life without extra weight.

Quitting smoking is the #1 best thing you can do for your health!!! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You putting your body through a lot of changes and your body will only take what it can handle, so be patient...like everyone already said, be proud that you're not gaining.

Great job. :drinker:
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    Your body is dealing with a lot of changes right now. Just keep eating right and exercising and your body will catch up eventually. BE glad your not gaining weight with quiting smoking. Thats usually what happens.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    i gave myself a whole month to just deal with the smoking. i gained 5 lbs. I lost it now and I didnt stress mself too bad about it. So once again be happy you havent gained.

I agree, deal with one thing at a time and it will happen..... proud of you
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Took me three months before I lost any weight after quitting smoking. Stick with it.
  • Widdy1961
    Widdy1961 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    According to most things you read about quitting smoking (and my Doc), you usually gain around 6 - 8lb, which you then lose after around 3 or 4 months.

Stick with it, I quit smoking 3 years ago now and gained weight but now I am losing the weight and am really glad that I am smoke free.

Widdy
  • lisatownsend
    Options
    :smile: thanks guys ! im so glad i have all of your support ! and i want to send out a big congrats to everyone who stoped smoking too ! and the ones who are losing weight ! yea you all are right i should be glad im not gaining ! well off to go to the gym