to anyone who has ever said...

Options

Replies

• Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    The phrase “Real Women Have Curves” is highly problematic. Developed as a response to the tremendous body shaming that fat women face, it still amounts to doing the same thing in the opposite direction. The road to high self-esteem is probably not paved with hypocrisy. Equally problematic is the phrase “boyish figure” as if a lack of curves makes us somehow less womanly. The idea that there is only so much beauty, only so much self-esteem to go around is a lie. Real women come in all shapes and sizes, no curves required.

tumblr_mngu4hybfh1rw6nq6o1_500.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hear! Hear!

I've been size 3 and size 12 and everything in between and men have always been attracted to me.

Also, even at size 3, I had curves. At size 12, I had ROLLS.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I think it's actually true. I used to prefer skinny girls exclusively until a few years ago and I felt like I was the only representing for my baggy yoga pants wearin' sistas. Slowly, however, I starting craving meat. Now I'm just like, give me something that jiggles! :love:

I think the saying should go, "Men prefer curves, not bones." Doesn't mean we don't think bones aren't beautiful, but damn, when was the last time you saw a man drop his jaw over a girl with a ping pong paddle booty? :ohwell:

you are ONE guy, not ALL guys. There's a difference. And, small girls can have curves, too. AND, some guys like that look. Someone for everyone and all that jazz. :flowerforyou:
    I WAS that ONE guy though!

I couldn't understand why all the guys around me were telling me how great curves were. I didn't get it. Did not want.

I guess we ALL join the club eventually.

so, in your way of thinking ALL guys think ALL woman should just put on weight?? Yea, sorry. I'm not a guy, but I've dated enough guys while I was at various stages from anorexic to fit with curves. Good thing you ALL think differently and want what you want, because there are those that, try as they might, can't gain weight. Also, I firmly believe that people should sculpt their body for their own happiness, not so some guy (or gal) will like them.

ETA: muscles are meat, just lean meat. :wink: :heart: Bry
  • Justme030
    Justme030 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Great post
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    totally agree.
    And use of the word curvy being used to describe rolls of fat as well annoys me,
    It meant hips, breasts and bum once not fat.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    A hole and a heartbeat is all I require.....
    Options
    totally agree.
    And use of the word curvy being used to describe rolls of fat as well annoys me,
    It meant hips, breasts and bum once not fat.

it annoys me, too.
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Real men like cats.
  • rml_16
    Options
    How YOU doin'?
  • rml_16
    Options
    Real men like cats.
    This I agree with. :-)
    Options
    Real men like cats.

to EAT?!? :laugh:
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I puffy heart you, puffy heart!
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I always miss it when they take these polls.

I consider myself a man and I was never asked whether I prefer curves.
    Options
    I puffy heart you, puffy heart!

aw, I puffy heart you, too!
  • katnohat
    katnohat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Amen! All women are real women! And men have differing preferences just like women do :]
    Options
    The phrase “Real Women Have Curves” is highly problematic. Developed as a response to the tremendous body shaming that fat women face, it still amounts to doing the same thing in the opposite direction. The road to high self-esteem is probably not paved with hypocrisy. Equally problematic is the phrase “boyish figure” as if a lack of curves makes us somehow less womanly. The idea that there is only so much beauty, only so much self-esteem to go around is a lie. Real women come in all shapes and sizes, no curves required.

tumblr_mngu4hybfh1rw6nq6o1_500.jpg

I :heart: that picture! Every time I see it, it makes me smile.
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    WORD
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Real men like cats.
    This I agree with. :-)

Seconded.

Also, well said, OP.