A Day in the Life of a former 500lb man - Scary Diary Entry

Options

Replies

• starwaters
    Options
    What an 'Aha' experience when you put your food intake on paper! Thank your good sense, that you found the resolve to make lifesaving changes in your life! Continue on your path. See you at the 'finish line!'

SW: 286
    CW: 168
    GW: 140
  • FitnessElle
    Options
    Look how far you've come!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! Great idea to reflect on what made the weight stay on for extra motivation to keep it off!
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Ummm... I think I could have packed that away on a typical day.. minus the bag of pepperoni ;-), and I'm a girl! Lol! I'm so glad we've bettered ourselves!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Holy mackeral..I am so proud of you for the changes you have made, I am sure it has been a struggle. Congrats on your success, keep up the GREAT work!!! It is very sobering when I logged what I ate for 1 day before starting MFP..I was embarrassed at myself. I am glad that we have all found a better way of life for ourselves.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I applaud you for your majorly difficult journey. I hope you find tons of support here, for you are an inspiration to us all!
  • jaci34
    jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    WOW! You have come such a long way!!! It is really eye opening when you write down everything that we use to eat! Great job getting healthy!
  • recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Damn, that looks good to me.
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    How on earth did you even afford to eat that much?
  • M3CH4N1C
    M3CH4N1C Posts: 157
    Options
    Don't ever look back.
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You make me wanna keep going, well done to you!
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wow - hadn't seen your stats for a while 25lbs lost! Thats AMAZING! It looks like now you only have a short way to go to reach & maintain your target. It's great to keep reminding yourself of how far you've come and your change in habits because that sort of awareness will surely prevent you from returning to old habits. Good Luck!
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wow - hadn't seen your stats for a while 25lbs lost! Thats AMAZING! It looks like now you only have a short way to go to reach & maintain your target. It's great to keep reminding yourself of how far you've come and your change in habits because that sort of awareness will surely prevent you from returning to old habits. Good Luck!

oops stupid typo - clearly I meant 259lbs lost not 25lbs - a small but hugely important omission!
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    That is frightening but also inspiring that you've come so far! Well done.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Wow, that would last me a week :O
    You have done amazzing, biggest loss I have seen, was that just diet and exercise?
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    I have days like that too sometimes, the point is trying to not do it everyday and learn some good habits on the good days. sounds yummy though!! Well done on your progress.
  • BellbottomT
    Options
    looks familiar : (
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Just a couple of questions:

Was it expensive to eat that much?

How did your digestive system keep up?

I have quite a strong 'I'm full!' signal, despite being able to lose on 2400kcal when I was 125lb, so I find it hard to imagine how to eat like that.
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    Oishii, from my experience, it is unbeleivably expensive!! This is the lesser told motive to change, for me at least... the cost of eating like this is so very much, a really drain on resources. It makes me worryed that if I get made redundant (always very possible!), I won't be able to cope. I sometimes try go to cheap places to shop, but even then the quantities is just too much. plus i tend to give in to takeaways etc. It pay more on my food bills than my rent by a long way. It is a pain and embarrassment to me.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh.. how were you even hungry for the in between snacks after the large meals? i feel full just reading that!
    Great job on turning it around though! Nice one!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!