What do YOU listen to when you work out?

Options

Replies

• lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Totally weird, but I like Gangnam Style...LOL
    I also used to like (and still do) My Sharona and Eye of the Tiger. What can I say, I'm a tad eclectic...I will listen to anything that has a good beat.

Another good album is from the movie "Mortal Combat"- tons of high-energy techno...

-Kendra
  • ctatchuan
    ctatchuan Posts: 50
    Options
    "aint no one gonna break my stride ain't no one gonna hold me down oh no! I've got to keep on moving"...
  • cinderwolfeh
    Options
    Lately, the new Fallout Boy Album. LOVE them!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    A bit of everything.
    I like to get compilations of fast dance type music because they usually go for an hour or two.
    I'm notorious for skipping tracks on Pandora or my own iPod.
  • yoshigreen94
    Options
    Lately I've been on a Lana Del Rey binge... As well as lots of indie rock.
  • jillyk89
    jillyk89 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    House music. Something fast with a good beat!
  • DTJBMcT
    DTJBMcT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am all about the music that makes me want to break stuff.... LOL. I have a workout playlist on Spotify that gets me going!

Disturbed (Down With the Sickness, Stupify)
    Nine Inch Nails (Closer, Head Like a Hole)
    Eminem (Lose Yourself)
    Outkast (B.O.B.)
    Rammstein (Du Hast)
    Drowning Pool (Bodies)
    Metallica (ummm... all of it!)
    Suicidal Tendencies (Institutionalized)
    Fatboy Slim (The Rockafeller Skank) -- I know. It doesn't really go with the rest of them, but I like it.
    House of Pain (Jump Around) -- See above.

I also have some weird stuff that is motivating to me personally, but you wouldn't like it. So, the above are my recommendations.
  • HurricaneFrancis88
    Options
    Gojira is one of the most amazing bands I have ever had the pleasure of listening to...Enough said!
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Led Zeppelin always gets me in the zone and gives me tunnel vision.

Bullet for my Valentine always makes me want to get up and throw *kitten* around-quite useful

I can't really imagine listening to J. Lo or Flo Rida(rider? meh) while working out. Don't get me wrong, it works great for the middle aged women gyrating their hips in the Zumba room, but I couldn't do it if I tried.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I like all kinds of music as long as its Pantera.
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    80s stuff like the cars and billy idol :) happy, upbeat and keeps me moving
  • harr3mi
    harr3mi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Rise Against Radio on Slacker.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I made a couple of really good rock compilations on ClickMix.com. Yeah, they're covers, but most of them are pretty decent, and having a solid beat keeps me moving!
  • AlexisJ330
    AlexisJ330 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Everyone will probably laugh but I listen to contemporary christian music on pandora. It gives me motivation, hope, and allows me to connect with my spirituality a little. If a slow song comes on, I'll just skip it.
  • jimhollisga
    jimhollisga Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a Podcast consumer and a Podcast author. Most people have no idea that there are more than 675,000 Podcasts on the web and they are 99% FREE for the downloading. Talk about incredible, useful and excellent content on nearly any subject that you can think of!!! My weekly Podcast I call, "The Ministry Encouragement Podcast" and you can find it at:

www.ministryencouragementpodcast.com

Enjoy!
  • nitole111
    nitole111 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to anything. I like to listen to my body and see where I need to improve and what I need to work on. I find that when I listen to music or something I don't pay attention to when I'm getting fatigued or dizzy, and I like to know when that happens. haha :)
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Skillet (one of my favs!)
    The Band Perry
    Black Crowes
    Jason Aldean
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Maroon 5
    Nirvana
    POD
    a little Randy Houser
    Tim McGraw's "Truck Yeah!"
    TOBY MAC!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    An awesome MFP friend of mine turned me onto Dessa. She's badass and makes me feel gangstahh.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I have read on the forums that singing under your breath while running helps control your breath so I listen to any songs that I can understand all the words to or that I can make up words to so I can do that. For lifting, I listen to some heavier metal, though. Listen to heavy metal while lifting heavy metal!