What's the best alcoholic drink to have while trying to lose

Options
Am meeting some friends in London and will be having a few drinks but wondering what is the best to have while not trying to damage my daily intakes.

Thanks

Mat

Replies

• RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Two ingredient cocktails where one of the ingredients is ice.

The mixers are usually the calorie killers.

Stay away from brandy.

Gin, vodka, whisky, tequila. Best bets. Straight or OTR.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Vodka....and then you can add Crystal Light flavor packs to it if you want.
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    What on Earth are Crystal Light flavor packs.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'd have to go with tequila aka margaritas only because that is my drink of choice....after a few who cares :laugh:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Two ingredient cocktails where one of the ingredients is ice.

The mixers are usually the calorie killers.

Stay away from brandy.

Gin, vodka, whisky, tequila. Best bets. Straight or OTR.
    Totally agree with this...you can also use seltzer water...such as in a gin fizz or vodka tonic. But your best bet is to just stay away from alcohol all together if possible. Empty calories and possibly getting tipsy enough to order bar food is not a good combination.
    Oh, and Crystal Light flavor packs are common in the US, they are packets with flavorings, artifical sweetners, and color...think gatorade mix.
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options

Whatever they are, I've never seen them in Tesco!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    rum and diet coke. It's 65 calories for a single shot drink. It's what I drink all the time. Light beers also have between 100-120 calories each so they aren't too bad either. For a fun drink, a cosmo has only 180 calories I think...
  • emc2003
    emc2003 Posts: 29
    Options
    I always choose vodka + diet coke.
  • Matt_S_1978
    Options

Whatever they are, I've never seen them in Tesco!

Yeah I think we don't get those in the UK.
  • Matt_S_1978
    Options

*edit-I just looked at your food diary...are you a vegetarian? :love:

me or the other person ?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options

me or the other person ?

you, but I went back and double checked...ham...so not a vegetarian...lol.
  • shelly_lee2000
    shelly_lee2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really like the mgd 64 beer or there is also bud 55. Either are good if you are looking for beer. Also instead of rum and coke use diet coke.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I do diet coke and vodka. Also crystal lite and vodka. Crystal lite is basically low low low cal kool-aid minus the sugar. Has antioxidants and vitamin c too. :)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    I really like the mgd 64 beer or there is also bud 55. Either are good if you are looking for beer. Also instead of rum and coke use diet coke.
    I am not sure if they get US stuff, but they sure do have tasy yumminess: Tetleys, Guinness, Beamish, Newcastle...all on tap. Dang, makes me want to visit and watch a good footie match and have some chips.
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    I like Bacardi Limon or Bacardi Orange with Diet Sprite.
    Also, Captain Morgan & Sprite is really tasty, too.
  • Matt_S_1978
    Options

me or the other person ?

you, but I went back and double checked...ham...so not a vegetarian...lol.

yup, you missed the bacon roll too. I do like vegetarian meals though, nom nom nom tasty but I do love a piece of tasty meat too.
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options

The only problem with those two light beers is that the way they get the calories down is by having a lower alcohol content. So basically if you want it for the taste, it's perfect, but if you're want to get anything of a buzz, you end up having to drink twice as many as you normally would. Like a regular light beer is usually around 5% or 6% alcohol, whereas those two are about 2.5% alcohol.
  • mrsf17
    mrsf17 Posts: 32
    Options
    Anything where you can cut out the mixers! I'm not a fan of rum so instead of rum and diet soda I do cherry or raspberry vodka and diet coke... tastes like a cherry coke!
  • ecgravatt
    ecgravatt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'd have to go with tequila aka margaritas only because that is my drink of choice....after a few who cares :laugh:

margaritas are LOADED with calories. Stick to vodka with club soda (mineral water) and lime.
  • jenoverton76
    Options
    I am new to this site but I do know that Jack Daniels is 65 calories per shot, I like it with diet gingerale