2 months, nothing

Options

Replies

• mslh84
    mslh84 Posts: 180
    Options
    what you need is a doctor and a dietician.

people here are just guessing and this sounds too complex.

personally I think its either a health problem or your portions are bigger than you think or theres more calories in what you are eating than you think. basically you are eating above maintenance.

but were all just guessing here, you really need to see some medical professionals as this sounds like its been going on for a long time.

But also I've mentioned a few times here that I do weigh everything I eat. I don't eat mayo,
    also you cant say its not your intake until you have weighed everything, made sure your portion sizes are correct, that you are not adding a load of butter/oil/lard/mayonaise to everything.

also obese people telling you you need to eat more is like junkies telling you smack is good. its not... well.. not aftewards.

so say it ten times with me:

you need a
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician

I do plan on seeing my doctor, but just saying, I don't eat mayo butter or any of that stuff...and I do weigh what I eat.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    also obese people telling you you need to eat more is like junkies telling you smack is good. its not... well.. not aftewards.

Not obese. -waves-

I am. But being fat doesn't affect my intelligence.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

personally I think its either a health problem or your portions are bigger than you think or theres more calories in what you are eating than you think. basically you are eating above maintenance.

but were all just guessing here, you really need to see some medical professionals as this sounds like its been going on for a long time.

also you cant say its not your intake until you have weighed everything, made sure your portion sizes are correct, that you are not adding a load of butter/oil/lard/mayonaise to everything.

you need a
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician

I'm not obese, but good try.

With a TDEE of 2600, that's a whole crapload of mayo and oil and butter to make up the difference between her deficit and TDEE.

A doctor and dietician is good advice though.

why did you assume I was talking to you. I was talking about her dad who is heavy saying she isn't eating enough.

your calculation is wrong. I don't have a particularly clear answer either, but the calculator isn't for people with obese BMI's (not trying to be an *kitten*, its just what the BMI scale says.)

I wasn't insulting you or anyone in the eat more camp. honest. so you can relax :)
  • mslh84
    Options
    I agree that 1200 cals at 220lbs isn't enough. I'm at 170lbs now (from 237) and I eat just under 2000 a day and exercise roughly 7-8 hours a week.
    I would also suggest seeing a doctor. To see absolutely NO results in 2 months is beyond odd.. Maybe you have a problem with your thyroid... Hyperthyroidism can cause insomnia and in roughly 10% of cases can be the cause of weight gain rather than the expected weight loss.

Try upping your cals slowly (about 100 cals a week) until you're eating at least your BMR. Keep up the exercise. See your doctor.

I've tried to eat around 2000 or not much above that, and I always end up feeling bloated or like it's way too much food honestly.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else that said you need to see a doctor.

When you can't lose weight at all despite tracking calorie intake, eating right, and exercising, there is likely a hormonal or endocrine issue that needs to be addressed.

Have your doctor check your thyroid function, and also check for insulin resistance.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Not obese. -waves-

Brain fat slows my thinkin' muscles.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

Not obese. -waves-

wasn't talking about you man, was talking about her dad. he clearly isn't a good gauge of portion size, healthy habits or calorie control.

so you can relax too.
  • mslh84
    Options

Not obese. -waves-

I agree, being heavyset is not a barrel full of pickles. I've done a lot of research and tried a lot of different things. The suggestions are great, and I appreciate the responses.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Without knowing your height, weight, and seeing what your diet looks like, the only thing that I can tell you is that a lack of sleep will ultimately lead to a release of cortisol. Cortisol will increase your body's ability to burn calories, and I do believe it might also be responsible for some water retention. You definitely need to address your insomnia.

Now the question is this, do you have true insomnia (meaning you do not fall asleep at all) or does it just take you a long time to fall asleep? Most people confuse delayed sleep-onset disorder (it takes more than 45 minutes to fall asleep) with insomnia. They are not the same. If your problem is more likely to be delayed sleep-onset than insomnia, taking melatonin at the same time every day will help you to correct the problem. If you truly have insomnia, you have to figure out what is causing it and address that. In other words, if you have anxiety that prevents you from falling asleep, it may be wise to address your anxiety issues with a psychiatrist.

Best of luck. It is my sincere wish that you found this post helpful.
  • whierd
    Options
    I agree that 1200 cals at 220lbs isn't enough. I'm at 170lbs now (from 237) and I eat just under 2000 a day and exercise roughly 7-8 hours a week.
    I would also suggest seeing a doctor. To see absolutely NO results in 2 months is beyond odd.. Maybe you have a problem with your thyroid... Hyperthyroidism can cause insomnia and in roughly 10% of cases can be the cause of weight gain rather than the expected weight loss.

Try upping your cals slowly (about 100 cals a week) until you're eating at least your BMR. Keep up the exercise. See your doctor.

I've tried to eat around 2000 or not much above that, and I always end up feeling bloated or like it's way too much food honestly.

Try eating more calorie dense food. Also, your stomach tends to shrink when undereating, so increase your calories slowly, if you choose to do so.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

you need a
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician
    doctor and a dietician

I'm not obese, but good try.

With a TDEE of 2600, that's a whole crapload of mayo and oil and butter to make up the difference between her deficit and TDEE.

A doctor and dietician is good advice though.

why did you assume I was talking to you. I was talking about her dad who is heavy saying she isn't eating enough.

your calculation is wrong. I don't have a particularly clear answer either, but the calculator isn't for people with obese BMI's (not trying to be an *kitten*, its just what the BMI scale says.)

I wasn't insulting you or anyone in the eat more camp. honest. so you can relax :)

Worked fine for me when my BMI was 35--->25. Each to their own. I agree that the doctor is the way forward, at least for now.
  • mslh84
    Options

Try eating more calorie dense food. Also, your stomach tends to shrink when undereating, so increase your calories slowly, if you choose to do so.

I just really don't like the idea of eating 2000+ calories, that makes me feel really uncomfortable.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Not obese. -waves-

:flowerforyou:

if I said that I eat like 2500+ calories a day and am still losing weight it's not good to recommend it to others?! What a great logic. I also eat "junk" food every day. Should I not recommend that to others as well? I think I'm doing something right now after doing it wrong to get to my previous weight :wink:
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    You likely are not eating enough. That paired with the lack of sleep is creating too much stress on your body. It causes your body to create cortisol, and cortisol prevents weight loss.

According to this:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Your BMR is: 1705
    TDEE (maintenance) is: 2642
    Goal to lose: 2114 (I put in 3-5 hours a week of exercise).

If you put in 1-3 hours exercise instead, you get 1875 calories.

this + sleep, Sleep is soooo important.
  • Breezy3
    Breezy3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it must get frustrating for sure.

My ticker is not what I chose... do any of you have any helpful feedback?

653283.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • CVN76USN
    CVN76USN Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Somethings wrong. I could see gaining weight by adding muscle but the science is off here. More exercise and less calories equals less weight. See your doctor.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I decided to close it because some days I forgot to write down or record what I eat.

Consistent and accurate logging is very important. I suggest you start there. Make it happen daily. Record everything. And use the notes section To record how you feel, energy, headaches, motivation....
  • whierd
    Options

I just really don't like the idea of eating 2000+ calories, that makes me feel really uncomfortable.

This is because you still have an emotional issue with food. You have been conditioned by misinformation that eating as little as possible is best for weight loss. This is not exactly the case. Eating so little over an extended period of time will cause your hormonal balances to shift causing your body to consume more muscle mass than fat mass, which slows down your overall metabolism. Eating at a more reasonable deficit helps to prevent the worst effects of this while also maintaining critical body functions. And it helps to prevent binging.

Remember, food is fuel. Not love, not evil, just fuel.
  • mslh84
    Options

This is because you still have an emotional issue with food. You have been conditioned by misinformation that eating as little as possible is best for weight loss. This is not exactly the case. Eating so little over an extended period of time will cause your hormonal balances to shift causing your body to consume more muscle mass than fat mass, which slows down your overall metabolism. Eating at a more reasonable deficit helps to prevent the worst effects of this while also maintaining critical body functions. And it helps to prevent binging.

Remember, food is fuel. Not love, not evil, just fuel.

Who says I have an emotional issues with food, and who misinformed me that eating little was best for weight loss?

I don't have emotional issues with food, and I know that eating just a tiny amount will kill muscle. I'm not totally a barnacle head with this information...lol.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    I just want to say how happy I am that she has received the same thing over and over.

Set your goals here to "Lose one pound per week". Be honest and realistic in your Activity Level. Don't choose Sedentary if you have any kind of job, go to school, or care for children at home. You are not Sedentary.

Weigh everything and then put it in your Food Diary.

Enter your daily Exercise and eat back those extra calories. That is the way this site is designed to be used.

Get sufficient sleep (7-8 hours a day) and drink lots of water.

Do this for one month.

If you have not gotten the right results, either see your doctor or adjust your intake. It's about the food.