Replies

• LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    A few lies in there I'm sure. Nuggets won't melt, scientifically impossible
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I tend to stay away from fast food, icky stuff for the most part. But .... chicken nuggets melting when left out? How do they get cooked then? :)
    Exactly.
    Especially when you consider the 14 year old McDonalds hamburger....

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/water_cooler/man-finds-mcdonalds-hamburger-in-his-pocket-after-14-years

Burgers you cook at home do the exact same thing.

Which isn't surprising, considering the hamburger is made of nothing but a ground beef patty (only additives are salt and pepper) and a bun.
    Burgers I cook at home look the same after 14 years? umm. No. The bread most certainly doesn't.

Maybe you make your own bread, I dunno.

But if you buy a typical bun in a grocery, remove it from the bag, and toss it on your counter... Then yes it does.
    You've left a bun on your counter for 14 years?

I've found some bread crusts that were under the oven for god know how long.

Dried bread doesn't rot or mold.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    The Wendy's Chili is not made like that (at least it's not supposed to be). I worked at Wendy's as a teenager for a while and the meat for the chili comes in a separate bag, pre seasoned and pre cooked. Just add water.

And if that fact is untrue, I can only assume that the rest are also probably untrue as well.

At the Wendy's YOU worked at it didn't happen... but you can't speak for them all.

Neither can you.

I wasn't the one trying to :laugh:
  • creatureofthewind
    Options
    Also in the wendy's chilli: the small beans and kidney beans are soaked in corn syrup in the can!

Uh, no. They're put in water and dextrose. The syrupy liquid that forms in the can is the starch that leaves the bean plus dextrose to keep the bean from losing its shape.

Dextrose is simply a little added starch. The beans would taste like adzuki if they were soaked in corn syrup.

Oh, and I sometimes make my chili the same way as Wendy's. No reason to waste a perfectly good patty simply because it sat out for 15 minutes.
    That's what it says on the can anyways.