Workouts for someone with health issues?

Options
I have been doing zumba everyday for over a month but im not sure if my kidneys can handle it much longer. I have a kidney disease where my kidneys make stones 24/7 and its painful to bounce around and dance. I love doing zumba but its very discouraging when my kidneys start throbbing when im doing it. And i hurt for the rest of the day. I cant do sit-ups either because of a hernia that acts up when i do them. I hate my body. Im skinny fat im 123/124 i went down to 120 but it didnt stay that way. I just need some good workout ideas that dont cause me to be shaken up. Im so down on myself right now because i hate how my body looks. I used to be 115 with a great body and now i cant seem to get rid of my baby fat and its getting harder and harder to workout cause of the pain. What do i do? Help!? Im working on loving my body and its absutely not working. I cant stand the way i look and i would give anything to be able to fit comfortably in my pre baby clothes. Why buy new ones when i have perfectly good clothes that i can hopefully fit in by working out and eating right. And i had my baby 20 months ago, i should be able to get rid of this fat. I know it takes time, but seriously i dont know how much bouncing im going to be able to do. I thought about jogging but i dont think my kidneys can handle that either... Thanks yall. Sorry to bug everyone with my problems

Replies

• agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    What about weight training? You could try the New Rules of Lifting for Women or Stronglifts 5x5 for women.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. Look into weights and I think you will get the results you want!
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Try the recumbent bike! :)
  • staceylcash
    Options
    ill try to find a used recumbent bike, that totally would not be much strain on my kidneys . Ill see about weight training too. I dont have a gym membership or anything maybe ill start out with some push ups? Or some little barbells? Im just not sure where to begin. Ill see if i can find some used gym equipment for sale i can buy. All i know is im about done with the bouncy zumba, my kidneys are paying for it. THANKS YALL!