Lose 5 pounds a month AUGUST 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone on losing wt already! I've gained 2 more lbs. I took my great nephew out for his birthday last night. Even though I didn't eat a lot of food (grilled tilapia, salad, mushrooms, one roll) my stomach is kinda wacked out today, Oh, we split one piece of cheesecake 3 ways and still had some left over. I"ve been feeling kinda tired and fatigued the last few days. I think its the heat/humidity. I've been consistant with my workouts (my workout room has no AC) but last night I just couldn't do it as I had no energy. We did walk around quite a bit shopping last night for my nephew so at least I got some movement.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    ♪ Happy Birthday to you ♪
    ♫ Happy Birthday to you ♫
    ♪ Happy Birthday dear PhylJen ♪
    ♫ Happy Birthday to you ♫

So I made my 8/15 mini goal. I was 144.8 this morning. My official weigh will be tomorrow but I am so happy!!!
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    You guys are very welcome for the book suggestion. It talks about women lifting just the way men do, heavier weights and smaller reps. I was doing the Phase 1 workout for awhile and LOVED it. I saw results very quickly--- not necessarily on the scale, but I lost inches and felt so strong. I had to put it on pause because it was interfering with my C25K (and my C25K was interfering with it.) I was trying too much at once. When I finish C25K, I am going right back to heavy lifting!

Dmg—Yes, I mean omitting overly processed foods. I also try to get the most bang for my buck in a lot of foods (particular carbs since I am a carb fiend.) For instance, I eat a lot of quinoa since it satisfies my carb craze while also giving me lots of protein. Like you, I just don’t have it in me to count calories. Everything I eat is homemade and it’s a pain in the butt to track it. Plus, I can get a little obsessive about it which is never good!

Terri—I am SO GLAD you posted that! I have been really worried about this particular issue because my heart beats incredibly fast during exercise. It can get up to 190 after running at a moderate pace for just 3 minutes. It has even gotten to 200. After checking with my bro (3rd year med student) to make sure I didn’t have some kind of heart defect, I started focusing my worries on the fat burning zone. I cannot remember what mine is but I know I would never be able to keep my heart rate so low.

Timbotina and Connie—Feel better soon!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHYLJEN!!! :drinker:
  • princesspurple
    Options
    down another 0.4 pounds this week...3.5 more to go!
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Phyllis!! Kati's birthday yesterday was awesome the kabobs were amazing and my Mom did a great job on the strawberry shortcake...she even did some of the strawberries with splenda rather than sugar for me!! yum, yum, yum!!!

Hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow!
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Can anyone fill me in as to what the challenge is for this week? I've been looking over posts, must be blind lol.
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow, I love ready everyone's stories. I don't post often on here, but I am here. :smile: My scale has not changed anymore since my last post. I am running (be real...jogging) M-Thurs. and am shocked at my legs now! I have always had "soccer legs", but now they have more muscle while seeming to be leaner.

My mini success was shopping yesterday with a friend that would not let me go to the "old lady" section for "teaching" clothes. I did not buy much due to lack of income, but I got a black dress that I never would have even looked at before. Little low cut for my vision of myself, but my friend made me try it...and buy it anyway. (not for school, but an upcoming wedding) I also got new jeans that shocked myself as well as my husband. I am a sweat pants /yoga pants kind of gal, but I LOVED these jeans!!!!

The best part of all of it was my poor 9 year old son who was dragged along for this. Every dress/outfit I came out it he loved and complimented me on. :blushing: It made me just glow inside!!! This is from the kid that asked if I would go on the Biggest Loser last January! :laugh:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Can anyone fill me in as to what the challenge is for this week? I've been looking over posts, must be blind lol.

Here ya go:
    So this week we're gonna dance our arses off! Well, try to! Let's dance for at least 1.5hrs this week. It could be zumba, video games, looking up specific dances online, or just turning up the radio and getting down. Also, let's break out the old school gym class moves for 30min a day for 3 days. You can choose your own routine for a fun mix and match style, ie sit ups, push ups, jumping jacks, aerobic videos, etc Make it yours! This weeks food challenge, how about trying a new style of food at least once this week. Never tried Thai or Greek before? Search for some recipes and make it yourself for two reasons one you save some money instead of going out to eat, two, you control the ingredients which means less salt, etc. Of course, if you are able to go to a restaurant and try a new food, more power to ya, don't forget to drink your water!! So, I'm in are you?
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I lost nothing this week :(

Still another 4lb to go.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know the month is half over but can I join? I just want to have a place to post to and try to be accountable. I am starting over. I did this a year and a half ago and lost quite bit but backslid and have to go through losing again. Are you going to do this next month as a posting place?
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know the month is half over but can I join? I just want to have a place to post to and try to be accountable. I am starting over. I did this a year and a half ago and lost quite bit but backslid and have to go through losing again. Are you going to do this next month as a posting place?

Yes jump on in! We're a great bunch here - we have a new post for every month!

Jenn- sorry about your boyfriend....we've all had men problems. Hoping you make it thru ok. :flowerforyou:

Bru - You know we all get in a "funk" I've done that twice in the last month, so don't worry...you'll make it thru! I'll make sure of it!:bigsmile:

Amanda - So awesome that you are out here cheering for all of us! We are cheering for you right back! :happy:

Jacque - Hope your hubby is doing better! Glad you got some R&R last night!

Jesse - I agree about the ups & downs....nice to know that you're not the only one isn't it? :heart: Love MFP:heart:

Superwoman & Mysi - Great losses already! Keep up the great work! :bigsmile:

Tina - We are sick together...hope I don't get any worse. I had the exhaustion first --- knew I'd get something! Feel better soon:flowerforyou:

Dmgaloha - Hope you had a great date night with the hubby! Thanks for the cheers, but no cheering yet! I stepped on the scale to peek this morning & it said a loss, but then after shower & restepping (which is my norm to make sure it was right the first time) it said no loss. :sad: It WILL COME soon! Come on 30 pounds!!!!

suckitup - congrats on the shopping trip! :bigsmile:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHYLJEN!!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :drinker: :smokin: :love: :happy: :flowerforyou:

And to all others congrats on your successes on the scale & keep going to those nonsuccesses! WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • claud10
    claud10 Posts: 9
    Options
    im kinda new to this but im in ill weigh in tuesday:D
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I am so out of it...I thought today was SAT....so that is why I was throwing in the towel on this weeks BMK challange...then when BRU reposted what it was.....even then it didn't hit me---I thought it's a little late now.....well, what a dumb bell I am.....today is THURS......so recount me in for the challange...I am taking it kinda easy today but will have FRI< SAT<SUN to make it up....I think later I will do my gymclass sittups (:sad: ) and jumping jacks atleast........

P.S....hope no one else gets sick!!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    KIND OF SAD TONIGHT.:cry: IT IS MY BABY GIRLS BIRTHDAY. 26 YEARS OLD! SHE JUST KISSED ME GOOD BYE AND IS ON HER WAY TO SAUDI ARABIA WITH HER NEW HUSBAND. I KNOW IT IS NEW BEGINNING FOR HER AND I AM HAPPY FOR HER BUT I ALREADY MISS HER AND SHE HAS NOT EVEN BEEN GONE AN HOUR! I DO HAVE GOOD MEMORIES BUT OH IT IS HARD FOR THIS MAMMA TO SAY GOOD BYE AND MOVE ON! :sad:

AND MY BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW. IT IS ALSO THE LAST DAY TO PREPARE MY CLASSROOM FOR THE KIDS TO START SCHOOL ON SUNDAY. I GUESS I ACTUALLY WILL BE IN WORKING ON SATURDAY GETTING THE LAST MINUTE THINGS READY TO BEGIN.

LOVE ALL YOUR POSTS AND ENJOY YOUR MESSAGES. YOU GUYS ARE MY FAMILY AND EVEN THO I DON'T WRITE BACK EVERY DAY I THINK OF YOU AND CONSIDER YOU MY FRIENDS MY TRUE FRIENDS THAT CARE ABOUT MY AND MY HEALTH. I EVEN BRAG ABOUT HOW GREAT YOU ARE TO MY FRIENDS. PHYLJEN:smile:

:heart: :flowerforyou: Happy Birthday!
  • tiffanymeganb
    Options
    Beginning of August I weighed in at 137 and now I weigh 135-136, kinda fluctuating :P
    I have managed 4lb a week :') Hoping to be 130 by September 2nd, gonna be SO hard.
    But I think with everyone's support and the amazing results from just a half stone - I CAN and WILL do it! :flowerforyou:

1686584.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    hello everyone

first HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHYLJEN!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Oh this week has been crazy.. Full house, my parents are visting and my husband's parents.. Thank god they all get on very well..But all is good. I managed to keep my food in check, and my exercise in check..
    I made this 70's compilation of songs and I managed to get all four parents to dance with me yesteday for 2 full hours.. Was so much fun.. We even dressed up in the 70's style..It was a Blast :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Today i went to visit one of my friends who is from Egypt and we danced for two hours.. she tried, helplessly, to teach me the belly dancing.. I have to admit i am a lost cause.. but I kept on moving and i enjoyed it so much.. She called her cousins and it was a true egyptian party :love:
    I asked some of my girlfriends at work to come by tomorrow evening and we are going to dance all together.. OMG it is so much fun and a really good workout..
    Oohh I ate Egyptian food [courtesy of my friend and her family], Indian food and tonight we are heading to an new Ethiopean restaurant which just opened about a month ago. I have no idea what type of food they serve but I am looking forward to trying it out and will let you know guys..
    Grats to everyone on your progress and keep that goal in mind..
    to your health
    Dounia
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Skipped pilates/bodyflow tonight due to family stuff... but I did get out for a 55 minute walk at lunch.
    Have a good night everyone - I hope to be in bed early. :yawn:
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    I made this 70's compilation of songs and I managed to get all four parents to dance with me yesteday for 2 full hours.. Was so much fun.. We even dressed up in the 70's style..It was a Blast :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Today i went to visit one of my friends who is from Egypt and we danced for two hours.. she tried, helplessly, to teach me the belly dancing.. I have to admit i am a lost cause.. but I kept on moving and i enjoyed it so much.. She called her cousins and it was a true egyptian party :love:
    IDounia

Dounia, that is so awesome!!! What a great idea and so fun. And a memorable night as well.
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Remember that wagon I was chasing? Well, I think I’m on, but it’s a bumpy ride…
    My dinner with a friend on Tuesday night was lovely and only half-bad food-wise (not perfect picks, but it could have been much much worse). We went to East Side Mario’s; I had two bowls of salad, ½ pizza (no meat toppings) and some garlic loaf. Nothing alcoholic, just water.
    I was tired yesterday morning, so I didn’t get up early to do my Couch to 5k workout. My walking buddy wasn’t available yesterday at lunch, so I went to the gym and did my Couch to 5k workout (yay). I am on Week 4, Day 2, and I actually ran all the required minutes (16 in total).
    My MIL offered to babysit the girls so hubby and I could have a date night last night. We went to a greek restaurant for dinner (hummus with pita, chicken souvlaki, tzatziki, extra greek salad - no rice or potato, water) and to see the movie SALT (small popcorn, water). We bumped into friends at the movie and went out for a drink afterwards (= more water for me, which I'm sure I needed after that popcorn!).

55tolose, want to race to the 1st pound lost for this month? :laugh:

Lol YES! I would love to race you. I am yet again stuck at 169 and cannot lose it.... that was my aug1 start weight ugh.

Plan of action... ZERO soda or chocolate..(been sneaking some) shhh... WATER WATER WATER... everytime i reach for something to drink the rest of the month will be water or flavored water. and no more sneakyness with the chocolate haha.

I have been looking at this site that has 400 calorie meals and i have been wanting to try them so sunday is my day off this week and im finally going to try one :) yay for healthy cooking.

NEXT .... Early to bed Early to rise. I have been staying up past midnight and waking up unwillingly at 8ish.... Im looking to go to bed before 11 and waking up between 6 and 7 (hopefully soon that will be always 6 to work on my eliptical since i will be moving into my house and can finally have it out :)

So wish me luck and your on for that race :)
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Dounia- Where in Egypt is your friend from? I live in Egypt now and wondered if she is just visiting you there or lives there too? It would be fun to know if I live now where she is from originally? Sounds so fun to be doing all that dancing. I have not been dancing at all this week. but I have cleaned and unpacked like crazy getting ready to start teaching Sunday. I am kind of doing the last weeks cleaning challenge more than this weeks dancing one. I guess as usual I am about a week behind!!!!!! Story of my life.

7 teachers that I work with took me out to dinner last night. FUN! and Jenn I agree men are dumb!! My husband forgot to even tell me Happy Birthday until half way thru the day. I am glad the girl friends remembered and came thru with a plan. MEN are so DUMB!

Phyljen