Lose 5 pounds a month AUGUST 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    Weigh-in today and lost 2 lbs this week :)

Good for YOU!
  • tralalara
    Options
    I lost 1 lb so far this month

Good job!
  • tralalara
    Options
    JENN SO GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK. I WAS WONDERING WHERE YOU WERE. BUT I WAS GONE A MONTH TOO SO I CAN'T REALLY TALK! LOL:smile:

I can TESTIFY that logging in my calories and checking in on the site daily helps to keep me motivated and focused and being a healthy LADY. when I rely on my own "GOOD JUDGEMENT" things can get out of hand real fast. :embarassed: I found that out on my holiday this summer. OH MY GOODNESS, Luckily I jumped back in gear and I am back on track. I didn't lose a pound in July though, well that is not exactly true. I lost the few that I gained but what I mean is I didn't lose 5 extra pounds in July. :angry:

I had guavas, red apples, bananas, and Fresh figs yesterday. I love the Fruit challenge.:wink: and I walked to school and back rather than taking the car. Also went back to school and worked ( and I count my cleaning up the classroom and setting up for the year, my housework) I also got up this morning at 6:30 and went to the classroom and worked and cleaned for 3 more hours. Tonight is the HENNA TATOO and BELLY DANCING PARTY at my house for my daughters wedding pre partys. :drinker: :drinker: :tongue: It is going to be wild!!! NO MEN OR CAMERAS ALLOWED. The house is all decorated outside with twinkling lights from the top of out apartment down to the bottom and we are on the 4th floor so there are a lot of lights. Plus all the trees in front are decorated. We will dance the night away and get henna tatoos.

I need to finish my daughter veil too :heart: and we have a manicure and pedicure scheduled for today as well. Busy time of my life. :bigsmile:
    PHYLJEN

Sounds like fun! Enjoy every minute of it.
    PS-glad you're back : )
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Jen. good to have you back

Happy birthday Bru:flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    PhylJen - have a great time. sounds like a blast:drinker:
    Bru - ♪Happy Birthday to you♫, ♪Happy Birthday to you♫, ♪Happy Birthday dear Bru♫, ♪Happy Birthday to you♫
    :flowerforyou:
    Jenn - so glad you are back. I missed you. :love:
    Terri - this is definitely a stick to it kind of lifestyle.:grumble:
    Corrine - good for you choosing to dive in and swim instead of diving into food :bigsmile:

congrat to all you are losing.

I walked/ran two hours again yesterday and I got 3 fruits in. raspberries, blueberries and apples ( the apples were freeze dried but still just fruit)

Good luck to all today.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    insanity interval plyo today-cant wait until sunday-i am hopeful for the month of august..come on 131.5!

Randi-i asked a few pages back but there has been a lot of postings.....your number losses the last few months have been great! what are you doing?
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Done with walking for an hour today. I put the 2 kids that are here today in the little stroller and walked for 1 hour and 14 minutes. I burned 497 calories. Yippee! I am also planning on biking for 1 hour yet this evening!

I put frozen blueberries in oatmeal for breakfast. 1 fruit down.

I do home daycare so I clean constantly......probably a lot more than 2 hours a week!

Have a great day!

Terri
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Done with walking for an hour today. I put the 2 kids that are here today in the little stroller and walked for 1 hour and 14 minutes. I burned 497 calories. Yippee! I am also planning on biking for 1 hour yet this evening!

I put frozen blueberries in oatmeal for breakfast. 1 fruit down.

I do home daycare so I clean constantly......probably a lot more than 2 hours a week!

Have a great day!

Terri
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for bday wishes! I'm on my phone, back out I go! *muah* XoxoxoX Bru
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    All right.....I sucked it up and posted a before pic. SCARY!!!!! Very intimidating to put it out there for everyone to see. But there it is!

Took the dog out this morning and managed 12 reps of 30sec walk/90sec jog and didn't pass out. Feel pretty good. I may even try the whole 30 minutes this week. Who would have thunk it? Had a hiccup this afternoon and just had to have a pretzel at the mall after school shopping for 3 1/2 hrs with the kids. Thinking about swimming or walking tonight to make it up.

Thanks, all...for helping me be honest with myself.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I think this challenge is just what I needed :) Already down one lb for the month, 4 to go!
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Had a good day today, did Cardio Party 1 from Turbo Jam and burnt just over 450 calories WOOP! :bigsmile: Got Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 3 tomorrow, the past two circuits have kicked my butt..so hopefully this one will do too :laugh:

I have also started drinking green tea recently (infact I'm drinking a cuppa now :wink: ) does anyone else here drink it? I've heard lots of benefits about drinking it so I thought I'd give it ago!
  • hepkitty
    hepkitty Posts: 133
    Options
    As I hoped, I weighed in this morning and I'm 5 pounds lighter than yesterday, so think it was a water-retention related blip yesterday! So revising my start and goal weights:

Start weight - 156.4
    Goal weight - 151.4

:)
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Barely got my 5 fruits in for today...but got quite a good workout in today...but ate horrible....so thank god I won't weigh in again until SAT ...sounds like everyone else had good plans for the day....so yeah for everyone!!
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    Had a good day today, did Cardio Party 1 from Turbo Jam and burnt just over 450 calories WOOP! :bigsmile: Got Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 3 tomorrow, the past two circuits have kicked my butt..so hopefully this one will do too :laugh:

I have also started drinking green tea recently (infact I'm drinking a cuppa now :wink: ) does anyone else here drink it? I've heard lots of benefits about drinking it so I thought I'd give it ago!

I drink tea and mainly green tea throughout the day.
    Green tea has many benefits, including containing anti-oxidants which are fabulous for your body & mind, less caffeine, and the latest research studies on cancer showed that drinking 3 cups of green tean per day lowers the chance of having cancer (mainly breast/ovarian) by 50%. Plus, it helps in revving up the metabolism..
    So drink up to your health.
    Cheers,
    Dounia
    Here is an article from the Harvard journal on health:
    Benefit of drinking green tea: The proof is in -- drinking tea is healthy, says Harvard Women’s Health WatchAlthough tea drinking has been associated with health benefits for centuries, only in recent years have its medicinal properties been investigated scientifically. The October issue of Harvard Women's Health Watch recognizes the healthy power of tea while helping readers get the most out of their cups.

Tea's health benefits are largely due to its high content of flavonoids — plant-derived compounds that are antioxidants. Green tea is the best food source of a group called catechins. In test tubes, catechins are more powerful than vitamins C and E in halting oxidative damage to cells and appear to have other disease-fighting properties. Studies have found an association between consuming green tea and a reduced risk for several cancers, including, skin, breast, lung, colon, esophageal, and bladder.

Additional benefits for regular consumers of green and black teas include a reduced risk for heart disease. The antioxidants in green, black, and oolong teas can help block the oxidation of LDL (bad) cholesterol, increase HDL (good) cholesterol and improve artery function. A Chinese study published recently in the Archives of Internal Medicine showed a 46%-65% reduction in hypertension risk in regular consumers of oolong or green tea, compared to non-consumers of tea.

The October issue provides a few tips to get the most out of tea-drinking:

Drinking a cup of tea a few times a day to absorb antioxidants and other healthful plant compounds. In green-tea drinking cultures, the usual amount is three cups per day. Allow tea to steep for three to five minutes to bring out its catechins. The best way to get the catechins and other flavonoids in tea is to drink it freshly brewed. Decaffeinated, bottled ready-to-drink tea preparations, and instant teas have less of these compounds. Tea can impede the absorption of iron from fruits and vegetables. Adding lemon or milk or drinking tea between meals will counteract this problem.
  • lambocj
    lambocj Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning and down 2lbs.!! I was so excited!! Hope everyone has a great week!!!:flowerforyou:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Im in. I need the support.
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I heard green tea was good for you but WOW look at those benefits! If I was to add 3 cups of tea a day I would have to decrease my water intake. Definitely worth thinking about! I got in a good workout this morning. I did slim in six, ramp it up and walked on the treadmill. I burned 535 calories! :bigsmile: I've been working out 5 days a week and try to burn between 400-600 calories. I am A LOT stronger and most of my clothes are like tents. I feel good! I wonder what I'll feel like at goal?

Does anybody know if there is anything that works for stretch marks? My after-baby belly is gross and losing this much weight hasn't helped matters any. :embarassed: :grumble:
  • tucker131
    Options
    I'm in. I need to lose the weight, but I think the next five is going to be tough, However my 16th anniversary is at the end of this month and I wanted to lose the weight before then anyways. Good luck to everyone. I am 153 right now.
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    I heard green tea was good for you but WOW look at those benefits! If I was to add 3 cups of tea a day I would have to decrease my water intake. Definitely worth thinking about! I got in a good workout this morning. I did slim in six, ramp it up and walked on the treadmill. I burned 535 calories! :bigsmile: I've been working out 5 days a week and try to burn between 400-600 calories. I am A LOT stronger and most of my clothes are like tents. I feel good! I wonder what I'll feel like at goal?

Does anybody know if there is anything that works for stretch marks? My after-baby belly is gross and losing this much weight hasn't helped matters any. :embarassed: :grumble:

Drinking tea will count as drinking water, so you don't have to worry about not having enough water intake..
    Shea butter helps with strech marks to a certain extent..
    How can Shea Butter benefit me? Shea Butter can provide relief from everything from just dry skin to many minor dermatological diseases (if you have a serious skin condition, you should see a doctor). It has been clinically shown to provide benefits. Here are some of the benefits of Shea Butter for the skin:

Daily skin moisturizer (face and body)
    Dry skin relief
    Dry scalp

Skin rash- including diaper rash
    Skin peeling, after tanning
    Blemishes and wrinkles
    Itching skin due to dryness
    Sunburn
    Shaving cream to reduce razor irritation
    Small skin wounds
    Skin cracks
    Soften tough skin on feet (especially heels)
    Stretch mark prevention during pregnancy
    Minor burns
    Eczema
    Sun and wind protection
    Even skin tone
    Reduce blemishes and scarring
    Eliminating scalp irritation from dryness or chemical processing
    Preventing bumps after shaving
    Reducing acne (especially in combination with African Black Soap)
    Absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy residue
    Helps restore elasticity to skin
    Restores luster to hair

You are doing great:)
    Cheers,
    Dounia