Lose 5 pounds a month AUGUST 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    WOW! I can't believe how many new people there are this month! :happy: As for me, I've kinda been just cruising along since I was sick. I am STILL coughing :sick: :grumble: :explode: but I can tell a minor improvement in the last 2 days. :smile: I have been working out but I feel much more tired throughout the day. I can't wait until I am feeling all the way better! My biggest problem is that I haven't been logging my food. So my goal for August is to log everything I put in my mouth! I am much less likely to eat poorly if I log. We can do this Terri!!! :flowerforyou: I am happy with my numbers for July. I am so excited to finally see the 140's! I hope its this week. Fingers crossed!
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Hello, just checking in. I have not:drinker: quite cut the mustard this month. I am down two pounds. Given the feedbag firmly attached to my mouth, I will take it! Any way great job every one, here's to seeing less of each other next month!
  • ihavesisu
    Options
    I am in! I haven't joined a challenge yet so this will be good for me! Thanks!
    Weigh in: 08/02/10 239 #

Thanks! Good luck everyone!
    Lori
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I do like the mini challenges that can help us stay on track throughout the month. most weeks, I just set up how many minutes of cardio/strength I want to do. or how many miles I can complete....be it walking, jogging, elliptical, bike. I also need to challenge myself to put down anything unhealthy toward the end of the night, after I've worked so hard to stay on task all day. Any suggestions?
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone again,
    Love the idea of the weekly challenges. I think I will set out on a walk right now and go and buy some FRUITS! THERE ARE NON IN THE HOUSE AT THE MOMENT. We bought grapes and mangos when we got back to Egypt and now they are both gone.
    I took my daughter out to lunch and we just played all day yesterday then made cookies for my son last night and when I stepped on the scales I was up a pound! YIKES! sounds like I am moving backwards instead of forwards!! So this challenge is good for me to get my head wrapped around what i need to be doing. I did have fun with my daughter though yesterday. I am going to miss her when she gets married and moves away. 3 more days!!

I am not going to beat myself up though because it was way fun to just hang out with her and have mom daughter time. Life throws you these moments and Hey.. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with veggies instead of fries.. I think the problem was the chips and salsa... I pigged out on those. Drank lots of water last night hoping to delute the salt intake but guess I better keep drinking more today.

Anyway. Good luck everyone. I love you all ad tis site is Amazing. I told so many people about it when I was int he states and people kept asking HOW I LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT... I'd say my fitnesspal.com and all my friends.. THAT MEANS YOU! so Thanks and Thanks for getting me back on track daily. PHYLJEN:wink:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning all...welcome to the newcomers....you will find this site a great motivator and the little chanllanges along the way keep you going....LOVE MFP!!! anyway....off to work this morning....hope to get my one hour walk in today and heading to the performance center after work this afternoon...so wish me luck.....Will definately get my 3 fruits in today (watermelon, strawberries, apples and peaches are my plans for today)...talk to you all later!
  • vonalj
    vonalj Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I want to be in too! I just got engaged and although I've been trying to get this weight off for about a year now, this is the push that I needed! Thanks Great Idea!
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :smile: Weighed in this morning but sadly no loss :huh: I believe it's due to my muscles retaining water as I started Chalean Extreme at the weekend and my muscles are so SORE! :laugh: Anyway..onto the good news. I have just measured myself and have lost 2 inches of my hips YAY!!!! :drinker: It's good to see loads of people are joining the challenge, I hope everyone can meet their goals :flowerforyou:

Beky-x
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So I got in a 2 mile run this morning. When I set out I was going to do 2 miles...I felt so good I thought why not do 3! Well I realized that wasn't a good idea...all my muscles tightened up. So I strongly finished 2 miles! Maybe I will do 3 miles in a few days.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    July didn't work as well!
    I am in.:flowerforyou: .....
    starting August weight.....136.5
    end of August goal weight......131.5
  • lou98
    lou98 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm in!! this is exactly the sort of motivation I need before 2 weddings and a holiday in September!
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Is the weigh in day Mondays for this group?

It's whatever day suits you best! I think it's better for people to weigh in on different days so the forum is being updated throughout the week, not just on a certain day :smile: Good luck!
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    hello all,

So I am going on a "diet" for two weeks. I am lowering my intitial plan for calories by 200 aday. from 1450 to 1250. I will continue with my exercise as before but may cut down the intensity on the cardio a bit. I am just doing it for 2 weeks to kick start things and hopefully meet my 8/15/10 mini goal of 145. then we are off camping and I don't want to worry about it too much.

I hope you all have an awesome Monday!!!

My exercise routine this week is as follows
    two hours on treadmill (one morning and one in the evening before dinner) 5 days Monday thru Friday
    one DVD ChaLean Extreme 4 days M WTF and 40 minutes abs on Tuesday
    Clean Clean Clean this week at least 2 hours per day.

I am going to do this.

Wow ... your plan is pretty ambitious! Good Luck :smile:
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Good Morning All:smile:

I have two questions....

Bru What does BMK stand for? Your initials?

tralalara What is Onederland? One lb. at a time?

BMK stands for Bru Melissa Kelly as the original challenges were for just the 3 of us and we have since opened it to the thread.

Oh, and onerland is when you finally get out of the 200lbs and weigh anywhere in the 100s :D

Bru, That is cool X 2! Thanks for the imfo, I feel like I am in the know now! :laugh:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    So I got in a 2 mile run this morning. When I set out I was going to do 2 miles...I felt so good I thought why not do 3! Well I realized that wasn't a good idea...all my muscles tightened up. So I strongly finished 2 miles! Maybe I will do 3 miles in a few days.

That is awesome! I was planning to get up and run this morning but 4:30 was too early so now I will have to run after work tonight. Keep going! Best rule is to not add too much distance too soon. Slow and steady! Yay for you!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I'm up early to get my workout in! If I don't do it now, it may not get done. I'm trying to stay focused and motivated. I'm off to a great start!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Quote of the day

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." Jim Rohn

Have a great day taking care of your body

Terri
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Could not not NOT get my buns out of bed this morning. I'm sure the glass and a half of wine with dinner last night *may* have had something to do with it. It's raining this morning, hopefully it will still be raining this evening when I'm off work, LOVE running in the rain!!
    Goal for today- set LT goals.
    And watch the sodium!

Have a great day ladies & gentlemen!!
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So proud of my little victories! I walked to the shop last night to get a loaf of bread for my Mum, then this morning, there was no milk, so I walked again! It's not far, 15mins walk away but that adds up to 60mins walking total which I never would have done without this challenge! Left my car sitting in the driveway. Bonus: I saved money on petrol:laugh: I never walk anywhere except when I'm at uni.
    Getting stuck in on my cleaning. I know I said I would do it last night but I got...distracted:blushing: I procrastinate! Anyway, I will definitely get it done today, Dad near broke his neck when he came in this morning to get the vacuum cleaner (which I never got round to using):blushing: Big sister is moving out so I'm getting the room to myself and get to redecorate in september! Just got a walk-in wardrobe and my room is too messy for my mum to let the plasterer finish the wall:blushing: so I guess I have a good incentive! :smile:
  • javachick66
    Options
    really could use the extra advice and push, maybe some of you can help me figure out how I'm gaining with the amount of calories and exercise I do. My profile is public, feel free.

current weight for the challenge is 167