I am in. Weigh in 163.5.
  • neoshee
    neoshee Posts: 2
    Options
    IM IN AND READY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I just had to reread everyones posts from the beginning - wow lots of newbies this month! Welcome! :bigsmile:

As I read thru everyones posts I just sat here smiling - its awesome hearing about everyone's challenges & goals being met! MFP is such an awesome place to be for all of us! :happy:

I started my walking this morning for the BMK - so far only 15 min, but will get the rest in later today. Also doing day 1 of all fruits today. Hopefully I'll get some cleaning done tonight as well after I get my C25K wk4/day1 done!

I picked the challenges this week for BMK - it will be VERY challenging for me, as its fair week & I will be at the fair every day starting tomorrow. It will be EXTREMELY hard for me to get fruits in ~ I don't think carmel apples count! :laugh: So I guess I will be packing some fruits in my purse! I'm also NOT going to count my walking at the fair. I will have to do it when I'm not there!

Also, I'm going to try a new weigh in for myself. I'm going to try to just weigh in every 10 days this month. :noway: :laugh: :noway: :happy: I'm also shooting for 10.6 lbs gone this month! I know sounds like a lot, but I did 10.2 lbs in June & 9.2 for July. So MAYBE I can come close to getting rid of 10.6 lbs in August! :bigsmile: I'm HOPING! :bigsmile:

Aug 1st: 220.6
    Aug 11th:
    Aug 21st:
    Aug 31st: >>>>>goal 210
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    OMG!!!! I jogged!!!! I was taking the dog on a walk for our daily excercise and we were about 20 minutes into it. I have been looking at the C25k and it seemed pretty daunting for someone my weight and my activity level. But I have read some of the posts from those with more weight than myself and decided to give it a trial run. So I did 3 reps (30 sec jog, 90 sec walk). To my utter amazement, It wasn't that bad!!! Of course, on the 3rd rep the dog looked back at me like "what are you doing?". She is a husky/shep mix and the heat is not her friend right now. I don't know if I'm ready for a whole 30 minutes of C25K, but I think I will work more reps in now.
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    I'm in ,165lbs to 160lbs by end of month
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! I jogged!!!! I was taking the dog on a walk for our daily excercise and we were about 20 minutes into it. I have been looking at the C25k and it seemed pretty daunting for someone my weight and my activity level. But I have read some of the posts from those with more weight than myself and decided to give it a trial run. So I did 3 reps (30 sec jog, 90 sec walk). To my utter amazement, It wasn't that bad!!! Of course, on the 3rd rep the dog looked back at me like "what are you doing?". She is a husky/shep mix and the heat is not her friend right now. I don't know if I'm ready for a whole 30 minutes of C25K, but I think I will work more reps in now.

CONGRATS!!!!
  • jamboree1006
    jamboree1006 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I want to get down AT LEAST fifteen by August 31st. Truth is I hope to get down 3x that.
  • jamboree1006
    jamboree1006 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same as you in weight loss! It is coming off so slowly! But I'm determined to keep at it. I want to lose 50 by Christmas!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    hello all,

So I am going on a "diet" for two weeks. I am lowering my intitial plan for calories by 200 aday. from 1450 to 1250. I will continue with my exercise as before but may cut down the intensity on the cardio a bit. I am just doing it for 2 weeks to kick start things and hopefully meet my 8/15/10 mini goal of 145. then we are off camping and I don't want to worry about it too much.

I hope you all have an awesome Monday!!!

My exercise routine this week is as follows
    two hours on treadmill (one morning and one in the evening before dinner) 5 days Monday thru Friday
    one DVD ChaLean Extreme 4 days M WTF and 40 minutes abs on Tuesday
    Clean Clean Clean this week at least 2 hours per day.

I am going to do this.

Oh my gosh!!!! are you trying to kill yourself....I am tired just reading all your exercise...you are the woman!!.....:drinker:

I have had my 3 fruits for the day and may have one more before bed....did 45 min of cleaning and got a 20 min . walk in...love this challange!!!!!!
  • woolleybear64
    Options
    Found the iPhone app for this site on Saturday, just found the website & forum- hi folks, hope I can make the 5 pounds whilst my willpower is at it's strongest! :-)
  • fivedaily
    Options
    Is the weigh in day Mondays for this group? Anyway, just weighed myself. I lost 1/2 a pound and I'm happy!:drinker:
    SW: 184
    CW: 183.5
    GW:140
  • jsgarden
    jsgarden Posts: 12
    Options
    im in. my current weight today is 180lbs.
  • megatron123
    Options
    I'm in, too! I've been doing well and then July came... not so well. Definitely focused on getting back on track!
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    I am in..
    CW==> 130
    Goal W for end of August ==>125
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

thats how it starts! Great job! My husband who has run a marathon says that lots of runners walk during their runs! In fact some marathon training books encourage you to walk at the water stations to rest a bit!
  • sdwdickson
    sdwdickson Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I need to set some goals so I will join in, my cw is 210.
  • rojase
    rojase Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in! I just joined today and weighed in at 192. Being at 187 by the end of the month would be terrific!
  • javachick66
    Options
    I want in, what do I have to do to join?
  • lb4lb
    lb4lb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    *I'm in for August weight 8/1 172.2
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I want in, what do I have to do to join?

You just did!

As for our weigh in days - everyone just weighs in on whatever day they choose. Most people are weighing in right now because its the beginning of the month. So feel free to check in whenever you want! Welcome to all the newbies! :bigsmile:

Today I started Wk4/day1 of C25K - didn't think I'd get thru it, but I DID! :bigsmile: I also took a few short walks throughout the day to total 1 hour and had fruits at every meal & snack today for the BMK challenge this week! Woohoo! :happy:

I had 20 (8oz) glasses of water today! Guess I was thirsty! :drinker: