Lose 5 pounds a month AUGUST 2010 CHALLENGE

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    I had a suggestion brought to me to stop posting the BMK Challenge in the thread and to make it's own thread...just curious, would it be easier for everyone if I post the BMK challenge in its own thread or would you rather it stay here? Would like some input from everyone, of course, before I make any final decisions, I'm gonna ask my Melissa and Kelly to see if they would want it in it's own thread.. thanks all and keep on rockin!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    I would prefer it was here... I may not do very good at it and most of the time have not participated but its amazing reading all the support. If it wasnt for you guys i would have never tried zumba and i suck at that soooo bad but i love going. plus i only use one forum its not as easy if you have to forum jump and remember five different things it is all here in one forum everything i need
  • RushinBruisette
    I talked with one of my BMK girls and she doesn't come to the forums hardly, so she'd never post. Still waiting for my other BMK girl, but I think I'm gonna leave it as is and post Sun evenings or Mon mornings and I'll post reminders throughout the week.
  • Ashl3yS
    Ashl3yS Posts: 64
    May I join in as well? I weighed in today at 236.8
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    I would love to join! Weighed in at 145 this morning.
  • nurseenf
    nurseenf Posts: 26 Member
    Count me in again!
    Weight today 150.6!
    Aug 30 145.6

I wasn't able to post my July results, but I met my goal. I lost 5.9lbs!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Is BMK something different then the "lose 5lbs in august" if they are different then I could see a seperate thread. Might get confusing for us newbie's that are doing the 5lbs and not BMK. If they are the same then nevermind..lol. I am already confused...I have a headstart..lol
  • RushinBruisette
    The BMK Challenge is just a weekly exercise challenge I post for anyone who needs a boost during the week or needs help trying new foods etc. It is something new that was agreed on by veteran members to post here. I'm leaving it as is, I will continue how we've been doing it the past month.

However, we need ideas!! Countless time spent searching online for different things to try and it's gotta be something that anyone could do with a gym membership or buying equipment. So, again, if anyone has any exercise or food challenges, PLEASE private message me :D Thanks !!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Bru means ideas for withOUT a gym membership & withOUT buying fitness equipment....we don't want to add extra financial burdens to anyone that can't afford things like that.

We just post the BMK challenge for people that WANT to have an extra boost each week to help them TOWARDS the 5 pounds/month challenge. Normally they are just some situps, crunches, sprints, walks, jump roping....things like that. Then we also incorporate a food challenge to help out with healthy eating. The challenge is not a requirement of this thread, it is just to try to help motivate people that need an extra boost or want to try something different than their normal routine. For instance, one week we challenged 25 jumping jacks a day for 5 days. One person decided she was going to rock it out & did 125 EACH day! Then it really challenged others to try to do more as well. Purely meant as a great challenge & fun for those who want to jump in!:bigsmile: Kelly
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Hi Everyone,

I weighed myself today and was 80.7kg/178lbs(against 80kg last tuesday), but I think thats bloated from all the sodium yday and not drinking enough water.
    I will weigh myself tomorrow again and count that.

Waiting for everyone's posts... Last month was good, lost 6.6 pounds in july, but hope I make it this time too.... :flowerforyou:
    Good luck everyone :)
  • mysi019
    mysi019 Posts: 55
    Is it to late to join? If not I am in. My starting weight is 229lbs. Goal is 224lb. Hopefully its more!!!!
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    I say leave the BMK challenges in this thread. Everyone is kinda used to posting their progress on the challenges at the same time as their 5lbs in a month progress. I like using the challenges towards losing 5lbs specifically. Like the 150crunches/ 75 squats...if that was it, i can't remember:blushing:
    Last month I was on 4.2 lost coming into the last week and I think the challenges are what tipped it over, and obviously the support of all the lovely people on that thread. In the end I lost a total of 5.6:noway: and was ecstatic! I'm under 210!! :cry:

I've already posted earlier in the thread but I don't think I posted my stats.:blushing:
    Aug 1st CW: 209.6 :ohwell:
    August GW: 204.6 :happy:
  • txladybug41
    txladybug41 Posts: 105 Member
    I kind of slacked off this past week , so I need this to help me through the month. I just got a above ground pool in the backyard, so that will help as I love to swim, and even if it's not long, I go round and round in it like a trapped gold fish. :) Other than that, I'm going back to the treadmill at least 3 to 4 times a week. I need motivation to keep me on track. I think I'm hovering around 200 lbs, so I'll let that be my starting weight on this.
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    First check in for August.
    Here we go:
    8/2 weight 202.5

8/31 GW 197.5

Onederland here I come!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Morning one and all....going swimming early with the kids so I plan on doing my water exercises.....but only wish I could wear my HRM in the water so I will have to just go with what the site offers....Definetly going to get my 3 fruits in today....Strawberries, plums and watermelon and if the peaches are ripe today, I may even have them as my snack today........Oh and I already did 20 min of housecleaning this am (I make myself do it early so its out of the way...I hate cleaning....OH!!! and I can add my dishwashing in on that too...HA!!!!!)
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Good Morning All:smile:

I have two questions....

Bru What does BMK stand for? Your initials?

tralalara What is Onederland? One lb. at a time?

• TheChangingMan
    TheChangingMan Posts: 73 Member
    Can I join?

I've yet to introduce myself but I'll go for whatever challenge there is.

AUG 1 : 228.8
    Target: 223.8
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Good morning all!

My exercise goals for the month

I got up at 4:30 this morning and got a little over an hour on the stationary bike. My legs were tired so it took a while to get my heart rate up but I did burn 400 calories. I plan to bike 3 days a week. Do 2 short runs on the treadmill and 1 longer run on the weekends. Hopefully I can fit some weight lifting in there somewhere. One day of the weekend will be a rest day!

Now to get back on track with the eating.

I need to log everything. I need to log everything. I need to log everything.......that is my new mantra. That and do I really want to eat this?

Quote of the day

"If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat."
    - Herschel Walker

Have a great training day!

Terri
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    First Aug weigh in 08/02.... 177.2
  • owno9700
    owno9700 Posts: 24
    1149740.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

I`m in! I didn`t fair so well in the July challenge, I only lost 2 lb, but I did manage to lose 2 inches from my waist and .5 inches from my hips.:laugh:

current weight 141 lb
    goal weight September 1st 136 lb
    final goal weight 130 lb
This discussion has been closed.