Lose 5 pounds a month AUGUST 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    This is the first time in a long time that I actually posted my weight. You all inspire me and will help me stay accountable. And the only way to do that honestly and stay true to myself, is to post my weight. My scale broke yesterday. I was pissed. I thought it just needed new batteries, but it still shuts off as soon as you step on it. My husband has a scale and its about 2 to 3 pounds more from my scale. But I will have to start using it now and I can still just track the number of pounds lost even there is some flucuations between scales.

My starting weight...according to my husband's scale is 196.2

So by September first, ideally, I'd like to be out of the 190s, which I haven't been in a VERY long time!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Bru means ideas for withOUT a gym membership & withOUT buying fitness equipment....we don't want to add extra financial burdens to anyone that can't afford things like that.

Whoops!! Yes, sorry, WITHOUT!!! LOL< I was a bit side tracked last night, sorry!!!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All:smile:

I have two questions....

Bru What does BMK stand for? Your initials?

tralalara What is Onederland? One lb. at a time?

BMK stands for Bru Melissa Kelly as the original challenges were for just the 3 of us and we have since opened it to the thread.

Oh, and onerland is when you finally get out of the 200lbs and weigh anywhere in the 100s :D
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Ok all, here's this coming weeks BMK Challenge:

Walk for a full hour 4 days this week, it can be a hour straight or broken into smaller sections, but get in a full hour each day however you can do it. Also, we work on ourselves all the time, how about 'killing two birds with one stone' and clean for 2hrs this week, a fresh house/car/garage/etc and burning calories, what a combo!! As for a food challenge, lets try eating at least 3 fruits a day (one at breakfast, lunch, and dinner or snack) for 3 days, if you feel you could also have a fruit at each snack go for it, but try to not snack as much and when you do, add a fruit! Good luck all and I'll see ya throughout the week and on Friday with my weigh in! XoxoxoX Bru

ps, I pick the following weeks challenges, so if anyone has an idea, private message me, I'm always up for new ideas!

Thanks for ht echallenge! I'm in :)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    hello all,

So I am going on a "diet" for two weeks. I am lowering my intitial plan for calories by 200 aday. from 1450 to 1250. I will continue with my exercise as before but may cut down the intensity on the cardio a bit. I am just doing it for 2 weeks to kick start things and hopefully meet my 8/15/10 mini goal of 145. then we are off camping and I don't want to worry about it too much.

I hope you all have an awesome Monday!!!

My exercise routine this week is as follows
    two hours on treadmill (one morning and one in the evening before dinner) 5 days Monday thru Friday
    one DVD ChaLean Extreme 4 days M WTF and 40 minutes abs on Tuesday
    Clean Clean Clean this week at least 2 hours per day.

I am going to do this.
  • jrsmithne
    jrsmithne Posts: 124
    Options
    Is it too late to join in this one? If not, I want it!! My weight was 191 this morning. So I guess my goal for Sept 1 is 186. Wow to be in the 180's will be great for me. I have not seen that for a few years!!

I have been doing Insanity for a little over a month. I am on my second week of Max. I know this is not a weight loss program. I also do a couple of exercize classes a week and walk when my daughter has soccer practice. I have also been trying to do my best at entering every bit that I put in my mouth.
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Getting started on my cleaning tonight 'cause my room is an absolute tip!:blushing: I'm pretty sure it's gonna take me at least 2hours to have it clean!:grumble: My mum has granted washing machine access for the entire evening too as she wont be needing it so it's a big opportunity for me to get all of my laundry done as well:smile:

Corrinne
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    For my work outs I am doing Chelean extreme (again). I am taking it easy on my cardio right now waiting for my echo to give me the ok to keep up the major cardio I was doing.

I am having a hard time these last few days as my TOM is coming on Friday and I want to eat EVERYTHING!
  • melorohrer
    Options
    I'm in
  • BritCam331
    Options
    Count me in!! I challenge 8 lbs this month!!
  • aragorn51
    Options
    I just started today and I'm in too! I quit smoking 4 months ago and now I need to lose the weight gain!
  • snowangel1975
    Options
    I started out in this challenge weighting in at 183lbs. I only weight in once a month. Julys weight loss 8 lbs. >174.5 lbs. I'll weight in Sept 1st. Goal 169lbs.
  • AMcMaster
    AMcMaster Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Im In !!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I walked 1 hour and 6 minutes pushing the 6 kid stroller . I got this done today before I even knew what the challenge was!
    We went 3.41 miles and I burned 429 calories:drinker: :drinker:
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    I am in!!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm in - weigh-in 180 lbs
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm in - weigh-in 180 lbs
  • dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm a day late but I'm in!!!
    Last month I didn't do so well July1st- 184.8, August 1- 182:frown: Only 2.8 lb lost
    Goal for Sept. 1st- 177!!
  • fithappy
    Options
    I am in! - Starting my plan tomorrow but will be getting a workout in today for the first time in a long time!
  • neerja
    neerja Posts: 1
    Options
    want to be in need suggestions eating only allowed calories still not loosing weight