to anyone who has ever said...

Options

Replies

• Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    A woman HAS to have curves ... well in my humble opinion ;)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Yeah, even as a curvy girl I hate this sentiment. It's so misogynistic. I saw a graphic posted on Facebook which I adored that said, "Real men like whatever the *kitten* they want, and real women don't compare men to dogs and women to bones."
  • ziggiezambi
    ziggiezambi Posts: 253
    Options
    I think it also depends on what looks best on a woman as an individual. :tongue: Some women look hella sexy with curves and then they loose and look less appealing then some loose and look even more attractive it has a lot to do with body type and what you can pull off. I honestly think Hilary duff was one of those cases she was really gorgeous when she had her curvy figure, then she lost it all and became a stick. I’m not attracted to her anymore…
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Also, since when were non-curvy women 'not real'. It summons up images of government programmed she-robots here to be marketed to men.

And actually, who actually cares about that stupid statement. Women aren't born and then start forming themselves into curvy or skinny shapes. We are what we are. We are humans with bodies and brains and feelings. Not something to market to men.

Let's stop making this about gender and start treating each other as fellow humans with respect.
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    to anyone who has ever said "Real men like curves, not bones" 3 things...

1) did you question ALL men and they ALL said the same thing? Really?!?
    2) since when are MEN compared to dogs that is acceptable?
    3) and most importantly, why pit women against other women?

Men are not dogs and women do not come in one size fits all. Do not tear each other down or try to say what an ENTIRE gender likes and/or doesn't like or what makes a "real" woman real. Embrace and uplift each other. ♥ Bry

Real men like real women. For all values of "real."

Real men like real men too. Just not "that way" for me... NTTAWWT.
  • captain_reckless
    Options
    if were talking purly on looks, I personaly prefer curves thats just me always have, but I have mates who like waifs and thats cool for them its all horses for corses sort of thing

the "real thing" is getting to know the person beyond the first WOW accross the room and from then on all bets are off
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Real men like cats.
    This I agree with. :-)

Seconded.

Also, well said, OP.

thank you!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    How about the "real men" that like other "real men"? :wink:

The only one I like as far as statements of what real men should do:

2zxpidl.jpg
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I don't care what men like. I don't care what women like either. I got my own preferences.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Because people like to put other people down in order to validate themselves. In actuality...everyone has different preferences. Don't let them get to you. It amazes me how we can be so catty to each other out of insecurity.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    All men like sammiches. It is a known fact and indisputable.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    "real men like curves, not bones" is a mentality used by men and women to shame thin people in place of bigger ones.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i'm so glad i don't feel the hate on this one. only the :heart: for my little curvy muscles on my size 4 frame. from dudes and ladies both. guess i'm one of the lucky ones. :flowerforyou:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Because people like to put other people down in order to validate themselves. In actuality...everyone has different preferences. Don't let them get to you. It amazes me how we can be so catty to each other out of insecurity.

it didn't get to me. I was just sharing my thoughts on a silly saying.
  • Obscuring
    Obscuring Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    "Do not tear each other down or try to say what an ENTIRE gender likes and/or doesn't like or what makes a "real" woman real. Embrace and uplift each other. ♥ Bry"

So beautiful! Thank you for posting this, and for being an educated and intelligent woman! <3
  • JULIEdance
    JULIEdance Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Who cares what "real men" like. The only thing that matters is that there´s someone who likes YOU.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    All men like sammiches. It is a known fact and indisputable.

^ Lots of truth here.....

A nekkid woman making the sammich.....impossible for any man to turn down!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    to anyone who has ever said "Real men like curves, not bones" 3 things...

1) did you question ALL men and they ALL said the same thing? Really?!?
    2) since when are MEN compared to dogs that is acceptable?
    3) and most importantly, why pit women against other women?

Men are not dogs and women do not come in one size fits all. Do not tear each other down or try to say what an ENTIRE gender likes and/or doesn't like or what makes a "real" woman real. Embrace and uplift each other. ♥ Bry
    I find those posts laughable, because even most females ideas of "curves" very. What one woman saying that in a thread may be very different from what another woman thinks she's saying in said thread. To some a curvy woman is only a woman who is 180+ pounds, to other's a curvy woman is a woman that's at a healthy BMI but without any muscle definition whatsoever, and to me a curvy woman is a woman who has measurements that = curves. Because logically if you measure out to be 40 30 40 you have curves, and if you're 34 24 34 you have curves, if you have 32 26 38 you have curves, see how the numbers very and one size is smaller? OMGZ logic, it's awful!!!!

On that note ipuffy = curves. Love you Bry <3
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Real men like whatever the hell we like. We like crack addict look. We like the hungry hungry hippo look. We like em small, we like em big. We like em tall, we like em short. We like em Asian, black, white, latina and everything else with a pulse and a hole.

What we don't like is being told what we like.

Now, stop talking on our behalf and go back to the kitchen!

And make him a frickin' sammich!!

Or a steak...lots of men like steak(notice how I didn't say, "all men" or "real men"):bigsmile:
  • Marley2310
    Marley2310 Posts: 304
    Options
    From experience Curved girls tend to be easier than Boned, toned women