Need help from water weight experts

Options
In the past four days I have gained four pounds. I have eaten between 1500-1600 calories each day (my TDEE -20%) and run for about 3.5 miles everyday. I am meticulous about logging and I don't cheat. I went over in sodium twice but it wasn't by much. I'm not close to my cycle either. So, why has my weight give up? I drink about 100 ounces of water too. I've lost nine pounds in the last two months so I know it's nothing medical. I would really appreciate some advice because I'm getting really frustrated.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Everyone doesn't work the same. I lose my weight with my period, until a few days after, then I plateau/gain back a bit until the next one... which really makes sense to me when I think about it (considering you shed some lining during and build some after). I've been losing 6-7lbs a month, but I just lose them in 2 weeks pretty much, then I yoyo a bit for 2-3 weeks, rinse and repeat.

I wouldn't worry unless you stop losing for a month.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    If you are worried about water weight, the things that have helped me include:
    - Drinking ALOT (I mean alot) of water
    - Sweating it out
    - Avoiding high sodium foods and jelly (jelly makes me gain water weight)
    Everyone doesn't work the same. I lose my weight with my period, until a few days after, then I plateau/gain back a bit until the next one... which really makes sense to me when I think about it (considering you shed some lining during and build some after). I've been losing 6-7lbs a month, but I just lose them in 2 weeks pretty much, then I yoyo a bit for 2-3 weeks, rinse and repeat.

I lose my water weight whilst on my period too! I thought I was alone :laugh:
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Your body also needs water to store glycogen, so if your carbs have been up, your water weight will be up as well.
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Oops, I meant two pounds in four days. I just hate that I was five pounds away from my goal and this gain happened.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    In the past four days I have gained four pounds. I have eaten between 1500-1600 calories each day (my TDEE -20%) and run for about 3.5 miles everyday. I am meticulous about logging and I don't cheat. I went over in sodium twice but it wasn't by much. I'm not close to my cycle either. So, why has my weight give up? I drink about 100 ounces of water too. I've lost nine pounds in the last two months so I know it's nothing medical. I would really appreciate some advice because I'm getting really frustrated.

People are going to want to see your diary
  • spirit2nd
    spirit2nd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my weight goes up for a couple of days then I lose it plus a good loss. Be patient.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I can gain or lose 5 pounds in a day. i wouldn't worry about it. Just learn that you live within a weight range and not an exact number.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I can gain or lose 5 pounds in a day. i wouldn't worry about it. Just learn that you live within a weight range and not an exact number.

This.

Also, It has been my experience that if I have food that is high in processed starches (e.g. white bread) I will gain a lot of water weight. Wheat bread and potatoes do not seem to cause this, just white bread like hamburger and hot dog buns. It usually flushes out in a couple of days. Drink some coffee for a couple of days and see if that helps.
  • deeruns
    deeruns Posts: 39 Member
    Options
  • deeruns
    deeruns Posts: 39 Member
    Options

^^^ So much this. Seriously, I'll not lose (or maybe even gain) anything in three weeks, then the last week it all falls off. Like others are saying, try not to worry too much about daily or weekly numbers. Aggregate trends are much more telling, and you sound like you're doing great and being healthy :).