Staying Full after Breakfast

Options
Today I had 2 hard boiled eggs with 1/2 tbs of churn gold and 1 piece of wheat toast with 1/2tbs of peanut butter.

Hoping to stay full until lunchtime... hope this works.

Replies

• PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    But . . . . . breakfast makes you FAT.
  • LaserMum
    LaserMum Posts: 133
    Options

HUH?!?!?!
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I tend to have the same problem, a high protein/fibre filling breakfast, and I am hungry 2 hours later.

What I tend to do now I get up at 6:30 for the gym, is have 2 breakfasts, one before work and one when I get there. I would usually have a slice of toast & pb and about 2 hours later have a protein mug cake or cereal.

Or I will eat breakfast and take something healthy for between meals, otherwise I snack on crap!
  • pineapplegrease
    Options
    I stay full from 7.30 till lunch time when I have porridge for breakfast, with almonds and half a tea spoon of honey!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is the devil I tell ya. I hear everybody say it's good fats and good blah, but when you take and spread it on a small tortilla and it takes up 500 calories of your day (because you know one is not going to "fill" you).... I don't know how anybody could not hate it.

Oatmeal is a good go to but you have to be careful about the sugar content in most packaged instant ones.

I can for the most part stay content, I have no idea what full feels like.
  • Mdcgc
    Mdcgc Posts: 28
    Options
    I have an apple or something between breakfast and lunch since I get hungry again pretty fats. My real problem is after lunch, I just ate and I am getting hungry again.. It a horrible feeling!
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If I have oatmeal at breakfast, I'm always feeling full throughout the day (I do obviously eat throughout the day, but never feel hungry like some of the days I don't have oatmeal at breakfast). Did that even make sense? lol
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I break my fast with a large meal at 11am that usually consists of 8 ounces of steak or pork cooked in butter or evoo, veggies, mushrooms and then a serving of full fat plain Greek yogurt with honey and a sliced banana. This keeps me full until around 6pm when I have a smaller meal, usually some form of salad, fish or an egg dish. One thing that has helped me, is to get away from the whole breakfast food mentality-steak or stuffed mushrooms with pork and veggies are much more filling than a bowl of cereal or low fat yogurt with a piece of fruit :)
  • Vaughanabe13
    Options
    You need fiber for breakfast. I find that nothing more than a cup of Corn Bran will keep me full until lunch, and a cup is only 120 calories (dry). That and drink a lot of water all day.
  • tyleetracer
    Options
    I know what you mean! When I eat breakfast I always feel like I get hungry faster and end up snacking all day. When i don't eat breakfast I don't feel hungry. I know you're supposed to eat breakfast, but sometimes I don't want to! lol
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is the devil I tell ya. I hear everybody say it's good fats and good blah, but when you take and spread it on a small tortilla and it takes up 500 calories of your day (because you know one is not going to "fill" you).... I don't know how anybody could not hate it.

Oatmeal is a good go to but you have to be careful about the sugar content in most packaged instant ones.

Golly you must live a miserable existence.
  • dennymau
    dennymau Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It will work!!! I eat eggs every morning and peanutbutter is awesome!!!:smile:
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options

Have you tried PB2 powdered peanut butter? You mix it with water, it tastes great and 1 T of prepared peanut butter has only 45 calories and hardly any fat and sugar. I don't eat a ton of peanut butter but it's one of those things I crave once in a while and it satisfies me.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options

HUH?!?!?!

So, was this a joke or are you being serious??
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! When I eat breakfast I always feel like I get hungry faster and end up snacking all day. When i don't eat breakfast I don't feel hungry. I know you're supposed to eat breakfast, but sometimes I don't want to! lol
    It's a myth that you're "supposed" to eat breakfast. If you don't want breakfast, don't eat it! My sister simply *can't* eat until she's been awake for nearly 3 hours or she throws up, so she has a morning snack around 10:30 rather than breakfast. It's all about the calories and food, not about when you eat.
  • sweetmissie
    sweetmissie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's what I was Wondering too
  • sweetmissie
    sweetmissie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Are you for real
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast pretty often (I generally get hungrier when I eat than when I don't), but this week I have been having two sausage patties and a deviled egg and it's been keeping me full till lunch. If you get a little hungry around 10/11 have a cup of hot tea or coffee. I find that gets you through to lunch. I would stay away from too many carbs in the morning because they make me hungry, but not everyone has the same opinion on that.

Good luck!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options

Peanut butter is not evil that is just blasphemy! There are these things called measuring spoons, they are great for making sure you don't consume 500 calories in PB.

I have oatmeal and a protein shake for breakfast which holds me over for a few hours then I eat my morning snack. I eat 6 times a day because I'm always hungry every couple of hours.
  • carolachristensen
    Options
    I am starting to believe what I have been reading about many small meals. I have been eating carrots and celery sticks and the 100 calorie packs of raw almonds between meals. I do feel more full when I eat steel cut oats. I have found that the more whole a food is the longer I feel full.