Umm.... Bathroom Breaks?

Options
13»

Replies

• Ashleyxjamie
    Ashleyxjamie Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough fat? Fat helps lubricate the digestive tract and is essential for regular BM's, and if you increased fiber intake you def need the fat too. For fat intake aim for a minimum of 0.35grams per lb of body weight.

So if you weigh 150 you should aim for a min of 53 grams which is 477 cals from fat, which would be about 26.5% of your 1800 cals or 23% of your 2100. Set you goal to 25% and use that as a minimum.

I currently weigh 190 and I was told by someone on a forum to eat 50 grams or less in fat a day.. So I guess I should eat a bit more fat!
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options
    Magnesium nightly in the form of Natural Calm.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Try taking probiotics from the refrigerated section of a health food store. I use Jarro's from Whole Foods. It introduces healthy bacteria back into your gut and makes you more regular. It's a healthy alternative to chemical-laden stool softeners.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    probiotics
  • zaza9999
    zaza9999 Posts: 8
    Options
    Had the same problem as you ! I added Fiber One cereal to my breakfast and everything is fine now ! I mix it with corn flakes or with yogurt and fruit and it tastes good.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I just hope the dragon lets loose by Friday morning because it's my weigh-in day!!!!! LOL :explode:
    [/quote]

Hilarious!
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Your body may be adjusting to the diet change.
    Sometimes when people add more fruits and veggies to their diet it can throw them off for a bit.
  • Ashleyxjamie
    Ashleyxjamie Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    it's been like this for the last two weeks or so. very frustrating. I usually usedto go once a day, twice a day or every second day. I will look into getting metamucil, eating more fats and hopefully this will help me
  • ILuvMoo
    ILuvMoo Posts: 41
    Options
    probiotics

I was taking an acidophilus supplement while on antibiotics for an ear infection a year ago... one of the caplets got caught in my throat and popped open and I coughed up a bunch of powder, some of which ended up inhaled into my lungs.

Turns out, acidophilus likes lungs. Had this crazy infection for several days after that, coughing up goo. We named it "Yogurt Lung."
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough fat? Fat helps lubricate the digestive tract and is essential for regular BM's, and if you increased fiber intake you def need the fat too. For fat intake aim for a minimum of 0.35grams per lb of body weight.

So if you weigh 150 you should aim for a min of 53 grams which is 477 cals from fat, which would be about 26.5% of your 1800 cals or 23% of your 2100. Set you goal to 25% and use that as a minimum.

You seem clever with figures and working all the calculations out :happy:

jjx
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I make a poo every morning! I try not to eat past six p.m. and have a breakfast shake that helps me stay regular.. I think I am pooing more now than I ever have!
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options
    I make a poo every morning! I try not to eat past six p.m. and have a breakfast shake that helps me stay regular.. I think I am pooing more now than I ever have!

LOL. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and eat. Generally just on days I lifted really heavy and did more sets and reps than I should have.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    In for the TMI posts :D
  • hap2010
    hap2010 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am far from an expert on this but I have been in the same boat, just saw the doctor for this in fact. He said that the normal woman should consume at least 25 grams of fiber a day. He also said that it can be perfectly normal not to go everyday. Some people's bodies process faster, some slower. The problem is if you feel like your constipated and in pain. Drink plenty of water, keep fiber levels up and things should be fine.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Yup it happens pretty common occurence they never tell you about weight loss. Check to make sure youre eating enough fat, look at your multivitamin or supplements, and eat some fruit.
  • djkronyx
    djkronyx Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Out for the TMI posts :noway:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    1) Do NOT eat more than 30 grams of fiber a day regularly. It can slow things down. I am surprised by this, but it is true in a good number of people. Particularly in people who aren't eating enough fats.

The problem with this is not the amount of fiber, it's the amount of fat. Your body needs fat.