Binged for 2 days, HELP?

Options
For the past 2 days I've binged on Velvet cookies like 8 a day and there were probably 160 calories each, I don't know what to do and since those cookies went pass my calorie goal, am I still suppose to eat more or something? Tips would help...

Replies

• Bailey532
    Bailey532 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    dust yourself off and restart. I am doing that today, too. However, I binged for over a week. It can be done. Good luck!:smile:
  • aerynholly
    aerynholly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and move forward! Drink a lot of water, eat some fresh fruit or veggies and be proud that you didn't let a few mistakes derail your progress. Good luck!!
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The past is gone. Make a decision to have a good day today :flowerforyou:
  • Ashleyxjamie
    Ashleyxjamie Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    it's okay we all binge from time to time. However, did you binge because you are not eating enough calories in a day? what is your intake and net per day?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I echo what everyone else has said!
    I try not to keep foods in the house that I will binge on.
    My therapist told me to binge on healthy foods, if I must binge.
    2lbs of grapes is better than an entire box of cookies.
    (And yes, I've eaten 2 lbs of grapes. Lots of calories, but better than cookies.)
    We've all been there... now get your focus back and start again :smile:

And if it's truly binge eating, not just nomming down on yummy sweets, look up articles on binge eating and how to control those emotions. Pinpoint the emotions that trigger it and learn how to channel them elsewhere.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Throw them away. Start over. Determine the trigger. Anything unusually stressful? Anniversary of something unfortunate?
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    Forgive yourself and move forward! Drink a lot of water, eat some fresh fruit or veggies and be proud that you didn't let a few mistakes derail your progress. Good luck!!

this :)

I was bad the last few days driving for work but I didn't go too far out of my calorie goals and now I will just try to get an extra workout in this week and stay good for the rest of the week :) I am not going to sweat it :)
  • AshleyBartlett1991
    Options
    Thanks for the post guys, but I kinda just binged today on those cookies and went up to 1280 calories, so am I suppose to eat more after binging today.
  • AshleyBartlett1991
    Options
    Think I binged because of boredom
  • KellysDiet78
    Options
    Im a binger too.. I've been known to polish off an entire packet of cookies over 100kcls each and then feel sick as a pig and get upset all night..
    I love biscuits and everything sweet but I cant stop at just one..
    What i do is just try not to have them in the house.. if they are not there they cant call my name from the cupboard !
    But as with everyone else I agree - dust yourself up and start again.. hit hte gym if you can or use your steps at home and run up and down them.. anything to try and get rid of what you will have added..
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I think of my binges (quite frequent) as a pathway for added strength or endurance in the gym. Actually I'd say 90% of my binges are pretty intentional. So just my mentality, I think...I binged, so I will be much stronger than I usually am. Those calories are working to produce force, and I will use that force and translate it into movement.
  • tbullucks06
    tbullucks06 Posts: 128
    Options
    Glad I'm not alone. I binged yesterday on chips and salsa and ice cream. Feeling soooo guilty today. I think its anxiety and mother nature coming for a visit. Trying not to let it take over again today.
  • AshleyBartlett1991
    Options
    Thanks for the answers and tips guys, I'll try to do some exercises today and then start a cleaner diet tomorrow. And I hope the people who had binges like me will do the same. :)