When you don't want to cook what's your go to meal?

Options
Some days I get lazy and just don’t feel like cooking, what meals are healthy in terms of restaurants that you like to eat?

Replies

• jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Panera Bread - Strawberry Chicken Salad is my favorite.. maybe Boston Market for turkey, steamed veggies, dill potatoes. So many restaurants serve such high sodium foods - it really blows my mind what they must do to a simple chicken breast!
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Salad, breakfast for dinner, sandwich and veggies. I always try to cook extra when I make meals so I don't run into not wanting to cook.
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I go to chipotle and get the chicken bowl with extra peppers and beans and salsa. I enjoy it, but I hate paying $8 and skipping half the ingredients. I also like Wendy's chili. For sit down restaurants, I usually order the grilled chicken sandwich, no cheese, sauce on the side, and I usually leave most of the bun. Be careful though- TGI Fridays has a grilled chicken sandwich that is like 1100 calories. I also order shrimp skewers a lot.

If I'm at home and want a quick meal, I'll usually microwave soup or scramble some eggs.
  • ezziepug
    ezziepug Posts: 57
    Options
    I don't go all that much, but Subway can definitely be healthy depending on what you pick (I do the flat bread...not sure if that's better than the regular bread, but it does seem less yooge). The grilled McDonald McWraps are really, really good and not too bad calorie-wise. I like any kind of deli sandwich (outside of Subway). If I get it on whole wheat and stay away from mayo etc. they end up being pretty healthy. There's a Mexican place near me that does a sort of burrito bowl (Chipotle might do these too?). I tell them to hold or go light on the rice and use a lot of salsa instead of sour cream--I like guac and cheese, so I just have the do a tiny bit). It's all on lettuce and really good.

I cannot speak to sodium. These are probably all sucky choices for that :)
  • isLillyMarieS
    Options
    It may not be the healthiest place but taco bell has a free app you can download and it will show you how many calories each food item is. Helps me count the calories easy.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    2 scoops chocolate protein powder
    1.5 cup milk
    1 spoonful peanut butter
    .5 cup ice cream (chocolate or vanilla)
    ice

blend, drink, enjoy.
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    A bowl of chopped fruit, almonds and chopped dates with a dollop of greek yoghurt.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Probably just eggs or oatmeal.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I don't go all that much, but Subway can definitely be healthy depending on what you pick (I do the flat bread...not sure if that's better than the regular bread, but it does seem less yooge). The grilled McDonald McWraps are really, really good and not too bad calorie-wise. I like any kind of deli sandwich (outside of Subway). If I get it on whole wheat and stay away from mayo etc. they end up being pretty healthy. There's a Mexican place near me that does a sort of burrito bowl (Chipotle might do these too?). I tell them to hold or go light on the rice and use a lot of salsa instead of sour cream--I like guac and cheese, so I just have the do a tiny bit). It's all on lettuce and really good.

I cannot speak to sodium. These are probably all sucky choices for that :)

omgah the Grilled Chili Chicken McWrap is 360 calories of deliciousness. I will be really upset when they stop selling those. Like you said, sodium wise- maybe not the best thing. BUT if you're out and about it's an ok option. YUMMMM.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    boca burger with a few veggies. ready in less than 5 minutes.
  • heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Some days I get lazy and just don’t feel like cooking, what meals are healthy in terms of restaurants that you like to eat?

Get 2 Chic-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Sandwiches and throw out the bun on the second one. Double-stack the chicken, lettuce and tomato. it's about 500 calories total and it's a great, fast, FULL, balanced dinner (protein, carbs, veggies).
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    last night I was lazy... took a can of chick peas, cut up some peppers and carrots and tossed in some balsamic vinager and a bit of olive oil with salt and pepper... voila, chick pea salad. 2 cups of it is about 500 calories.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Salads. Lots of salads. I buy different add ins all the time.
  • kaddydaddy
    kaddydaddy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sub sandwich or salad is always a winner with me.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Chipotle -- I get a bowl with double protein and eat half and save half for another meal.

Chick-fil-a -- nuggets with a fruit cup instead of fries.
  • frankizoy
    frankizoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and jam sandwich with my mom's homemade crabapple jam :) yum!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Costco Rotisserie Chicken. Can't beat it for $4.99. I get home, strip all the meat off the bones, use the bones, skin, etc to make broth, eat some of the meat with veggies, quinoa, etc. Use the rest of the meat in casserole. Good stuff.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Wendy's. The Double 1/3 burger. Can't go wrong with that.
  • stacetherainbow
    Options
    4 oz grocery store rotisserie chicken breast and spinach and romaine from the salad bar... 2 tbsp. regular dressing of your choice. Roughly 330-400 cal
  • foot56
    foot56 Posts: 44
    Options
    Costco Rotisserie Chicken. Can't beat it for $4.99. I get home, strip all the meat off the bones, use the bones, skin, etc to make broth, eat some of the meat with veggies, quinoa, etc. Use the rest of the meat in casserole. Good stuff.

That's a really good idea.