Does anyone know of a good vegetarian weightloss diet plan?

Options
i just need something to kickstart my weightloss, some examples, some structure. I am so tired of losing and gaining it back :(
i should add that i do i eat fish/seafood/dairy/eggs. i would eventually like to eliminate those, but i am taking it one step at a time.

Replies

• hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ashleylauren88
    Options
    I have the same dietary restrictions.For breakfast I've been using something I found on pintrest eggwhites with your favorite veggies evenly distributed between 12 muffin tins. You can add your favorite fruit as a side and some greek yogurt. I also like Spaghetti with soy crumbles and the Shirataki noodles to cut out carbs. I have a ton of recipes of all sorts if you would like some more let me know!
  • peabean26
    peabean26 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have used the soy-zone with decent success. If nothing else, it helps you figure out how to bump up your protein intake without increasing the calories. This is very helpful for me, since I have insulin resistance and try to limit carbs that come from pasta/rice/grains.

Of course, those same carbs are often the base of a vegetarian diet! So that is why the soy-zone cookbook has helped me tremendously. Even if you don't follow the recipes religiously, you can still see how to get ~20g protein per meal without having a calorie fest!
  • sherrens
    sherrens Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    look up 'eat to live' excellent programme, i started about 1 wk ago doing it properly - i.e. vegan/nutritarian
    ive lost when my weight had stalled if your veggie already it will be easy peasy (wont mention 'a peice of cake' thats got eggs in) Good luck