android app for tracking total distance walked per day

i set myself a goal to walk a total of 10 km per day before work, during lunch and after work.

is there any android gps app that can track the total distance or alternatively total time i walk per day? i know runkeeper has something like that with the ability to set goals, but it'd be great if any app would let me set and keep track of such a recurring daily goal.

Replies

• erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    I use the Runtastic Pedometer App for indoor usage and the runtastic pro for outdoor GPS use. I like it because they both track back to the runtastic site and they connect to MFP.
  • KPMP1992
    KPMP1992 Posts: 66
    I use Runtastic too. :)
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Love Runtastic! :)
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    So if you use this app for tracking total distance walked a day, wouldn't it wear your phone battery down and you would have to have your phone on you at all times? I purchased a fitbit one in January and love it, and wear my HRM for cardio. I'm curious about the android app...
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    I use Accupedo.
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    How do you link runtastic and MFP? Ive been using runtastic and runkeeper :)
  • erinsueburns
    How do you link runtastic and MFP? Ive been using runtastic and runkeeper :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/436-how-do-i-link-my-runtastic-account-with-my-myfitnesspal-account
  • erinsueburns
    So if you use this app for tracking total distance walked a day, wouldn't it wear your phone battery down and you would have to have your phone on you at all times? I purchased a fitbit one in January and love it, and wear my HRM for cardio. I'm curious about the android app...

I have my phone on me all day anyway. And I use an app called greenpower which conserves batteries by turning on and off cell/wifi/etc. So it doesn't do too badly, and the pedometer for indoor use takes very little battery power. The GPS one takes quite a bit, but I use that less hours per day, when I am using them.

I even have a heart rate monitor that links through the app.

Personally, I couldn't justify buying a whole new gadget when my phone will do what I need it to. But I am the cheapest person alive.
  • RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    I use Endomondo, uses the GPS and can post through your work outs to MFP. If you give it your details (weight, height, etc) it gives a more accurate calorie assessment that MFP's guesses and the Premium version can be used with ANT+ and Bluetooth HRMs for a really accurate calorie burn assessment.
  • i'm not too concerned about how much i walk in the office (negligible), so i would only record walks i do before/after work and during lunch - and switch off gps and the app at other times. i would like an app that can tell me how much i've walked in total that day.
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    I've tried a few, but Endomondo wins my vote for everything :) Just try a few of them out and see which one works best for what you are looking for!
  • jdp9130
    jdp9130 Posts: 18 Member
    I got a Samsung Galaxy S4 recently and it had an app called S Health that keeps track of how many steps and distance I have gone each day. It is not always perfect but it does a pretty good job so far. I dont know if it is available in the Play Store, might be just a Samsung app.
  • just found out that endomondo's history shows the total distance/duration/calories burnt per day, which is just what i needed.

the only gripe i have about it is that if i want to share my walks on facebook, i have to find each walk on my activity log and manually toggle its visibility.
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    I use endomondo for cycling and walking and you can link it to MFP which is handy