First week with insanity complete.. so excited for my loss!

Options
Wow! I just completed my first week with insanity and I am impressed. I lost a total of 9 inches off my whole body, Including 1.5 off my hips and 1.5 off my waist! Of course I am a bigger girl so I have a lot of inches to lose! I know those people who are doing insanity shouldn't really use the scale but after the high I got from the inches lost I stepped on the scale to a 1.4 lb loss. Not a big loss, but anything is better than nothing right?! MFP said so far ive only lost 0.8lbs... so idk what that is about but I am SOOO happy right now! Now I am more motivated than ever to move on to this next week! :smile:

Has anyone else had similar results with insanity? I am also walking on my treadmill for an hour a day and following MFP calories with two days off this week, but I will be going back to only one day off per week. This week was just a special occasion.

:happy:

Replies

• clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am excited to start Insanity sometime soon in the future!
  • iwilldoit100
    iwilldoit100 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! I just completed my first week with insanity and I am impressed. I lost a total of 9 inches off my whole body, Including 1.5 off my hips and 1.5 off my waist! Of course I am a bigger girl so I have a lot of inches to lose! I know those people who are doing insanity shouldn't really use the scale but after the high I got from the inches lost I stepped on the scale to a 1.4 lb loss. Not a big loss, but anything is better than nothing right?! MFP said so far ive only lost 0.8lbs... so idk what that is about but I am SOOO happy right now! Now I am more motivated than ever to move on to this next week! :smile:

Why shouldn't people doing insansity weigh themselves? I'm thinking of starting it next week-- I'm a bigger girl who will have to modify it because I have metal plates in one of my ankles, so I can't jump.
  • kegger1997
    kegger1997 Posts: 74
    Options
    as soon as my trainer is done with me, I want to try insanity.
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The reason to not weigh is because of the crazy body changes. I did the entire 60 days of Insanity without modifying my food intake. I lost 7 pounds. I thought that was bad, but then I did the math. I lost 14 pounds of fat and gained 7 pounds of muscle. So it really was misleading to rely only on the numbers from the scale.
  • snarf432
    snarf432 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1 of the 2nd week. Killer...I'm actually UP .8lbs....BUT my body was so sore I know I am holding water to repair. As frustrating as that is, I feel a difference, and I knew it was going to happen. Obviously my end goal is to lose the inches AND the weight, but I know that I will probably do a couple rounds of Insanity. I LOVE IT!

Congrats on the loss...and doing treadmill work on top of the Insanity workout..thats amazing.

Laura
  • iwilldoit100
    iwilldoit100 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just wondering because I am thinking of starting the program....but at the same time my husband and I are in a challenge against each other to see who can lose the highest percentage of weight after 60 days...
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am on day 50!!! :):) Two more weeks do go!

You can do this!!! My first two weeks, I lost about five pounds and about 1.5 inches from my waist!

Definitely keep it up!!!!!
  • lu1022
    lu1022 Posts: 61
    Options
    I have just been told to hide the scale since most of the time you don't see result on the scale until the second month. A friend of mine actually seen and increase in weight and it drove her nuts. Most likely it was her gaining muscle!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have just been told to hide the scale since most of the time you don't see result on the scale until the second month. A friend of mine actually seen and increase in weight and it drove her nuts. Most likely it was her gaining muscle!

I put my scale away because I was gaining and losing the same 2-5 lbs which was starting to make me LOCO!!! So..with that said. I'm on day 23 of Insanity. My last fit test a week ago?? Can't remember..but I lost a total of 7 inches full body. So I was pleased. I've actually felt within the past few day like I've possibly lost another couple of inches. I'm hoping that's the case. I'm trying not to obsess with the scale cuz the scale is a liar. I feel good. I have days that I'm super sore, but I just push through it and by the time i'm done with my work out I feel better..until the next morning of course. But I've noticed i'm quicker on my feet I can do more moves I couldn't do the first week and holding plank is still not easy, but getting better that. I can't wait. Good luck and stick too it.

Oh and I forgot to mention that i'm a pretty big girl myself..so i will probably do a couple rounds of insanity to optimum results. YAY. DIG DEEPER! :flowerforyou:
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Mine arrives today and I am going to do the fit test tonight. I am scared but really excited.
  • zachherda
    zachherda Posts: 47
    Options
    I am on Week 2 day 3! The first week I lost 4.4 lbs around 2-3 % body fat and 5.5 total inches off my body. I feel so much better than I did before starting the program. I am only drinking water and eating about 2000 calories a day (which is actually lower than the 2500 I call for but I still feel full and am not starving so, so be it). I have way more energy than I did and I can feel a difference.

I am blogging about my daily experiences so check it out if you want and add me!

guidanceforgoinginsane.blogspot.com
  • lu1022
    Options
    Its so exciting to see everyone is getting good results! Anyone that wants to add me, feel free. We can motivate each other and do this together! I will probably do a few rounds of insanity as well.

Congrats to everyone on their success!!:wink:
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    Way to go!
  • OrionG
    OrionG Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Huge congrats and kudo's to y'all!!! Things may be tough but if you get great results, that's awesome. I would also take on insanity but unfortunately I can't due to a back injury. We''ll see in about 6 months....then I can get the real scoop from y'all...you'll be beasts by then! :)

O.
  • Widadita
    Widadita Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can't do the insanity workout because I can't do push ups, if I do a push up I'll probably break my arms.
  • LizRodmell
    LizRodmell Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    congratz on taking in insanity! its tough but awesome! i am on my second round (1 week left) and i have seen huge results. i am a bigger girl to. i went from 226lbs to 198 first round. and i am currently at 180 today. so scales are not a bad way to go. but put your faith in the numbers on your tape measure! that is where you see the biggest improvement. i had a 42 inch waist. now its 34inch. not finished yet but its amazing.

if you want an insanity buddy please feel free to add me. i can answer any questions you may have along the way x
  • lu1022
    Options
    Mine arrives today and I am going to do the fit test tonight. I am scared but really excited.

You will do great! Don't be afraid to take breaks during the workout if you need them, I do! :smile:
  • silroxxx
    silroxxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can't do the insanity workout because I can't do push ups, if I do a push up I'll probably break my arms.

You can still try and they say by the end of the program you will know how to do push ups and more.
    I still cant do one :( but i sure try and I think Im getting better already.
    Im on week 3 day 3

good luck to everyone :)
    likewise feel free to add me,Whatever help I can get and give to get trough this will be much needed!
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    that's great! first week is always super inspiring to keep going. keep up the good work!
  • lu1022
    Options

I do girl push ups! lol after having a baby and not working out for a year I have no arm muscles. So girl push ups help me stay with the people on the video...So they are a modification. I lost one inch in both arms so they seem to be working! You can do it! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!