what's the best excercise plan for fat burn?

Options
I am doing C25K and I'm in week 3 now. It's only 30 minutes and I usually have more energy to stay and workout in the gym after the run. What do you suggest I do on rest days?

I tried NROL4W but some of the workouts are super hard for me. I prefer doing some light strength training and lots of cardio.
My goal currently is to maximize the fat burn. Would love to hear what worked the best for the rest of you.

Also is it a good idea to workout every day for 1-1.5 hours?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    lift weights and eat at a slight deficit.

lifting weights like new rules will ensure that you the majority of what you burn will be fat as you are signalling the body to hold on to it's muscle by strength training.

also, just to be clear, there's no such thing as light strength training. to point of strength training is to build that and you only do that by consistently overloading the muscles and forcing them to get stronger. not all weight training is strength training

ETA : last year 5 sizes pant sizes precisely by eating at 10% below my TDEE and lifting very heavy weights 3 days a week.
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    Circuit Training will burn fat most effectively and the fastest.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

lifting weights like new rules will ensure that you the majority of what you burn will be fat as you are signalling the body to hold on to it's muscle by strength training.

also, just to be clear, there's no such thing as light strength training. to point of strength training is to build that and you only do that by consistently overloading the muscles and forcing them to get stronger. not all weight training is strength training

ETA : last year 5 sizes pant sizes precisely by eating at 10% below my TDEE and lifting very heavy weights 3 days a week.

^^^ What she said FTW!!!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    HITT - I love it.

and stregth training
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Lifting is the fastest way to burn fat if NROL4W was hard, try modifying it to suit you, lift lighter weights and work your way up to heavier or if it is a complicated move, ask for help or keep trying.

for me it is the dreaded ball jackknife...max I can do is 2...but I will keep at it till I can do min 10!

find a balance, I run and do weights (cardio and strength)
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    You need two main exercises:
    1. table push aways: When you start to get full, just push away from the table
    2. Head shakes: when someone offeres you food not on your diet, twist your head right and then left and repeat going 'No thank you'.
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I walk twice a day for 40 minutes, lift H.I.T. twice a week and stay 200-400 under what MFP recommends for my Daily total by NEVER eating my exercise calories.

32 lbs since 12/31/12, 16 lbs to go.
  • Sactown900
    Options
    2. Head shakes: when someone offeres you food not on your diet, twist your head right and then left and repeat going 'No thank you'.

This works!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

^^^ What she said FTW!!!

Agreed!
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options

This!

Strength training alone will not burn fat. You cannot out-train a bad diet...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    best exercise for fat burn?

I call it the reverse curl. It's where you grab food and move it away from your mouth.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    It is easy to out-eat a good workout. It is impossible to out-lazy a good diet.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    there is no such thing as a fat burning workout. exercise burns calories, not fat. fat is burned when you eat less food than you body uses. that said, the exercise template you do can help maximize fat loss. do any template that utalizes progressive resistance training along with your diet.
  • Sactown900
    Options

This!

Strength training alone will not burn fat. You cannot out-train a bad diet...

I did this for 47 years. I ate what ever I wanted, lost nothing, but kept saying, "It will come off if I add some jogging." NOT

It came off when I went from 2500-4500 calories a day to 1700, with healthy choices.