Hello

Hi there,

After struggling with my weight for a long time (let's be honest my whole life) I thought I would give this a try. Does anyone have any tips (apart from stop eating!). I am looking forward to chatting with people who are having the same problems as me, and the same struggles!

Here is to the next six months!

Vickie

Replies

• torilou
    torilou Posts: 2
    Hi there,

After struggling with my weight for a long time (let's be honest my whole life) I thought I would give this a try. Does anyone have any tips (apart from stop eating!). I am looking forward to chatting with people who are having the same problems as me, and the same struggles!

Here is to the next six months!

Vickie
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome Vickie, I think one thing that helps is plan and prepare. If you have the healthy foods available when you need them it is easier to grab them.

You can do this.
  • Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Welcome aboard!!...it's true YOU CAN DO THIS and YOU WILL.. this site is amazing, the people are amazing and all you can do is take it day by day...I've had moments that I take it hour by hour and reading the board and all the positive things people have to say, has been awesome. If you have a bad day, remember that tomorrow is a new beginning and the slate is clean.
    It didn't take us a day to become overweight and it won't take us a day to lose the weight either.

with a little help from our friends..we can do it...:flowerforyou:
  • lassgirl
    lassgirl Posts: 22
    I've struggled with my weight my whole life too. You are not the only one. While I am fairly new to this myself, the best advice I can give you, what has killed me so many times before when losing weight is do not completely deprive yourself. I don't mean go crazy once a week, not like a day of bingeing or anything like that. But if there is something you are craving, find a portion controlled alternative. Last week I craved cheese cake like madly. Gotta love the Jello. Once cheese cake cup satisfied my craving and I still lost weight and stayed under my calories.

Take it each day, don't let a minor setback make you crazy. When you have them, as we all do, pick yourself up and start again immediately, don't think all is lost. Good luck.