Anyone have to consume MORE than 1,200 calories a day?

Options

Replies

• mattariah
    mattariah Posts: 1
    Options
    for me it's about 3600-4000 calories minimum per day. But I do intense weight training so I suppose my body needs the extra nutrients and calories for recovery. It's still very hard to attain 3k+ calories with healthier choices. Especially if you are trying to do a paleo type diet.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1750-2250. Which is MFP set up for 1 to 2 lbs a week, but usually try to eat at least 1950 without exercise. When I do exercise I tend to eat most of those calories back.
  • FOLANDA
    FOLANDA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I average 1800 calories a day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both use the TDEE method...she is 5'2" and 120 and maintaining on 2300 calories; she lost on 1800 gross calories after exercise when she did the NEAT method.

I maintain at around 2,650 gross calories and lose a solid 0.5 Lbs per week grossing around 2,300 calories.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering...seems like I see nothing but 1,200 my daily goal is 1,600 and thats if I DONT exercise...?

I'm closing in on 3000 just to maintain my current weight. 1200 is usually the cookie cutter they issue to sedentary individuals that are older than a certain age (35? 40?) and work out less than 2 hours a week or something....don't quote me on this.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Mine is at 1700 right now.
  • chelctate
    chelctate Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm comfortable at seeing less than 1200 calories a day. I eat when I'm hungry and log that way. If at the end of the day I'm below my 1200 calorie mark I don't eat just for the sake of eating. It's different for everyone!
  • jessiepiexo
    Options
    I have to or else I'm not a person.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My TDEE - 20% gives me 2200 ish calories per day for the amount of exercise I do. I don't really worry about the MFP figure but the count lets me know where I am and I do try to stay below goal
  • S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I eat 1700 on non-exercise days and hit around 2000 on all the other days. I 'maintained' at 2080 last week as I went away (so no exercise) and still managed to lose a lb lol.
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    I like food and feeling well so I try to keep the max at 2000 or just under and no lower than 1450 with or with out exercise and eat massive salads so I fill myself easily,not tiny amounts of food.
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    at 6'3" and a large frame I would pretty much be starving at 1200 calories. I eat between 2000-2600 depending on how well i've planned my day and what exercise I'm doing. I've been losing steadily for almost 3 months now.
  • sunshineblue1
    sunshineblue1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How do u work how much to eat to loose weight???

Mine says 1200...I try to eat around 1100 with 300 exercise

Surly 1200 is not putting me in danger as such...I'm a pretty large lady :(
  • youareorange
    youareorange Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Without doing anything, I consume around 1550 calories. With exercise, it can range from 1700-2200.
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering...seems like I see nothing but 1,200 my daily goal is 1,600 and thats if I DONT exercise...?

I think eating is good but I also think that using MFP the way it was designed is fine too. If I use TDEE-15% it works out to about the same as if I set my base at 1300 and eat my exercise calories.

I'm all for eating as much as you can to lose around a pound a week but I'm tired of these posts. They come up almost daily. I know I can choose not to read or comment but you have to understand that people have to learn proper nutrition in their own way. We are told to exercise more and eat less to lose weight and people sometimes take that to mean if less is good, than lesser is better. I'm not defending low calorie diets but sometimes it takes losing a bunch of weight and still being "fat" to realize you did something wrong. I also don't consider myself ignorant but I was fairly ignorant on the subject of weight loss until I ended up skinny fat.

My point is to just cut people some slack. Some are still learning and some don't care and you shouldn't either.
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I eat 1900-2300 cals a day. If I eat less than 1600 I can't sleep and start doing weird things like when I'm driving I won't remember how I got to my destination or other forgetfull things happen. If I eat 1900 I feel awesome and have tons of energy.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I consume 1200 cals in 1 meal.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I consume 21k calories a day, as per my TDEE -20%. So far, so good.

Please look up In Place Of A Roadmap!

I just read that as your eating 21000 cals a day hahaha

Omfg, you're right. 2k1 is more like it. XD
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I eat about 2100 daily
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to be at 1300 a day to lose. By that I mean if I don't exercise I eat 1300, if I burn 200 cals I eat 1500.

1200 makes it more efficient for me. But if I get less than a 500 cal deficit a day, I don't lose at all.