Good tips to get rid of stretch marks

Options

Replies

• missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    tiger_zpsc0601158.jpg

This is the way I've come to think about it. :)

I say this all of the time

My tiger stripes
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Laser treatment can burn off the red ones, but there is no other treatment aside from letting them fade to white.
  • resilient86
    Options
    BIO-OIL nothing else works for me

I had the worst skin reaction with Bio-Oil! If you go this route, buy a small bottle first before you invest in the bigger bottles... Worst itching I've had since chicken pox! :cry:
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    tiger_zpsc0601158.jpg

Tiger stripes? It's cause we got fat.

Some world some people live in must be pretty interesting .

I have mine from pregnancy, not getting fat.

Mine too are specifically from pregnancy. I got a few on my breasts when I "developed" as a pre-teen but they aren't bd at all. The Longitudal map on my abdomen and back are my worst and they came from my son. The term "tiger" is often used to describe a very protective mother so this post makes perfect sense.

To the OP I have heard about derma rolling but the process is long and painful. I am considering giving it a go. It does not remove them, however, over time it takes away the stretchy feel and they will lose some definition and regain callogen.
  • Shellyyy7928
    Shellyyy7928 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have had mine since I was 14ish, maybe before then but never noticed. They really don't big me because I know so many people with them. Got even more when I was pregnant. I've found that time is about the only thing to get them to fade. If you tan it does help them to blend in (I just use tanning lotion, no way my bellys gunna be out, even in my own yard lol ). If you're really desperate I've found the ItWorks! Body gel stuff has helped a lot. Doesn't do anything it's advertised to do lol but it has helped make the stretch marks fade a wee bit faster than they have been. But seriously don't waste your money. Learn to love your body. So many people have stretch marks. It's really not that big of a deal! :)
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Mederma should make them fade at the very least.
  • Nicoleace22
    Nicoleace22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    tiger_zpsc0601158.jpg

Yeah, I got mine from carrying twins. The extra weight came on after.... but I already had my stripes.

I EARNED THEM!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    well this helped answer my question too. I did get some cream to help. I have heard that coco butter and other like pregnancy stretch mark cream help too, but they don't completely go away, the creams and lotion just help smooth them out and help them get less visible.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are much like a run in a pair of pantyhose. You can apply all the nail polish you want but it's still ripped. Nothing you can do. :( I know people who would put a little cover up on them but that's about all.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,629 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are scars. So you can't get rid of them. You can minimize the visual of them though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    They get better with time. Learn to ignore them.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Retin- a got rid of mine. They are barely noticeable.
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks. I got most of them from pregnancy, some from being fat. I don’t view them as some symbolic badge of honor or anything like tiger stripes or “earning” them. It’s just a biological thing that happens. Meh. I also have a few moles, some freckles, that one toe that seems too short, asymmetrical boobs, and sometimes I get dandruff or an injury that leads to a scar. I view it all as one big part of the package of being human. I wouldn’t be disgusted by anyone else who had these things. I wouldn’t try to change them for having these things. I probably wouldn’t even waste my time discussing these things with them and trying to come up for a “solution” for something I don’t even view as a problem. So I certainly won’t do the same to myself. I’m more interested in loving others and loving myself…. unconditionally. Have you given in-depth thought to why you want this part of your body to be different than what it is?
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Maderma helps to fade them. They are never going away, unfortunatly. wear clothes that cover your stretch marks.
  • ellemuise
    ellemuise Posts: 34
    Options
    I got quite a few during my pregnancy for my oldest son *7 years ago*on my stomach. They only came right at the end so they didnt have time to get very deep or big, but still there were plenty of them they were pretty red, but after all this time they have faded SO much you can barely see them, however they are still there and there to stay! but time WILL fade them=)
  • ahappydancer
    ahappydancer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a bottle of Mederma that has done wonders. I'm confident that with time they'll be unnoticeable except by me. It also helped with my more severe scarring. My mom used a super expensive scar removal kit and although she assures me she still has stretch marks, I can't see them.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do to make them go away. so love them and allow them to be a part of who you are because they're not going anywhere.

In a way they do. I can no long see my stretch marks in the mirror, or see them at all unless I make a point of hunting for them. I can't tell you when they faded out, though, or how long it took, because they'd faded from my consciousness even faster. They became a non issue - just part of the human condition - once I figured out that I was no more disfigured by them than the billion or so other human beings on this planet who have them.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    embrace them. They are your battle scars.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    tiger_zpsc0601158.jpg

If my body was that tone and fit I seriously doubt I would care that I had them! haha
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    tiger_zpsc0601158.jpg

Not really. Mine? not only did I neglect my skin's hydration as I got older, but yeah...as a matter of fact, I went from being tiny to fat. However, I know skinny girls that have them too. I know girls that are size 4 and have them. Some people get them because they lose weight, which is the opposite of getting fat. Also, obviously,pregnant(what the photo is referring to) women get them,and I don't have any children(yet) but that entire process of growing and birthing a child seems pretty horrifying. If mothers want to be proud of their stretch marks, cool, they should be. That's a pretty brutal, life and body changing occurrence!