New to dieting, need motivation please

Options
Hey, I've only just started my diet journey, I plan on just eating very healthily for now and then starting on July 1st I'm going to go to the gym 3 times a week and fitness classes 3 times a week.
However no matter how much I want to lose weight I just can never get myself motivated, any tips or tricks you could share?

Replies

• upandover34
    Options
    only YOU can motivate yourself sometimes the last thing i want to do is lift weights or walk for an hour but i do it and always feel glad about it afterwards good luck on your journey
  • FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Great support and motivation! Hope you like it and will join!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14158-lean-on-me
    Your not only getting me for motivation and support but the other 120+ people also int eh group! :)
  • snoopdog2
    snoopdog2 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have been eating clean unprocessed foods. Cut sugar and grain. I was stuck for awhile. Weight not shifting. So changed my eating and my exercise regime. Go to gym 4times a week, in a group situation and weight is finally shifting again. Lost 3kg in 6 weeks ,13cm, and 2%body fat. Feel great. You need to change what you are doing, your body is probably used to it. That's what I found. Read books on Paleo eating. Also sweet poison by David Gillespe, an easy read about what sugar does to your body. You will be surprised where all the hidden sugar in packaged foods are. Feel so much better after eliminating it.:smile:
  • hsilberman1
    hsilberman1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You've started out in a great place! There are tons of people here who can help motivate you. The number one thing to remember is JUST DO IT. It may seem hard, you may want to quit and take the easy route, but remember that the best things in life are hard to achieve. You can do it! And when you do, you will be so proud of yourself, and that is priceless.
  • snoopdog2
    snoopdog2 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have been eating clean unprocessed foods. Cut sugar and grain. I was stuck for awhile. Weight not shifting. So changed my eating and my exercise regime. Go to gym 4times a week, in a group situation and weight is finally shifting again. Lost 3kg in 6 weeks ,13cm, and 2%body fat. Feel great. You need to change what you are doing, your body is probably used to it. That's what I found. Read books on Paleo eating. Also sweet poison by David Gillespe, an easy read about what sugar does to your body. You will be surprised where all the hidden sugar in packaged foods are. Feel so much better after eliminating it.:smile:
  • GuardianOfHarts
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/fitnessquotes2?fref=ts
    I found a lot of the quotes and success stories here helpful
  • hevurxo
    hevurxo Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll try everything recommended:-)