Wearing HRM All Day

Options
Yes, I know HRM's are only intended to be used during a workout when your heart rate is elevated. I understand Fitbit and others are better for all day calorie burn estimates.

That being said, have you ever worn your HRM all day long just as an experiment to see what your daily calorie burn is?

I want to do it one whole day from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed during a work day, and another time all day long on a typical weekend day.

Have you tried it? What was the outcome?

Replies

• viajera99
    viajera99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You say you understand that it's not accurate, then you ask if people have used it to see how many calories they burned.
    Lol

All it will tell you is what your heart rate is. The calories burned number that it displays will be as accurate as a random number generator.
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know HRM's are only intended to be used during a workout when your heart rate is elevated. I understand Fitbit and others are better for all day calorie burn estimates.

That being said, have you ever worn your HRM all day long just as an experiment to see what your daily calorie burn is?

I want to do it one whole day from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed during a work day, and another time all day long on a typical weekend day.

Have you tried it? What was the outcome?

i want to try wearing mnine and just timing how long in the day total my heart rate reaches the tootal range.
  • paigemulroe
    paigemulroe Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have worn mine, but like you said it isn't accurate.