new here.. hello

Options
Just joined about 2 weeks ago. I'm really loving this site and the app on my phone.

Hello. :)

Replies

• janet67
    janet67 Posts: 38
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I love the site: the support is great and it keeps me focused and motivated. I've lost 20 pounds so far, but have only been a member of the site for 46 days. I have been unable to really exercise for the past few weeks because I broke my ankle and injured my knee in a fall on the first day we moved into our new house. . .however, I'm still losing, just more slowly. I still have about 30-35 pounds to lose and at my age (61) it's tougher than when I was younger. However, I don't want to be fat and OLD and I can't do anything about the OLD. . .lol!! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
    janet
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • chrisylim
    chrisylim Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thank you! I had lost 60 lbs on my own, but have hit a plateau the past 8 months. I didn't want to count calories cuz I thought it'd be too rigid (so I told myself) but what i realized is that I don't do well without some rules and guidelines. So here i am. I really do love this application and the site.