Anybody have a favorite type of sports bra?

Options
kaotik26
kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
Ive been jogging again and "the girls" are beginning to hurt afterward, probably because my bras suck. Anyone out there with around D cup have suggestions on a good supportive sports bra? Strange question i know but im sick of spending money and finding out they arent any better than the last one.

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    ...bump... because I'm always on the lookout.. glad you posted the question.:smokin:

Actually it's not a strange question at all... many ask and you'll get some great idea from others that post... I'm stuck like you are. Not a runner but a D and hate to spend $100 on a sports bra that won't fit for long... as my size is constantly changing. Yes that's a good thing but it's not a cheap thing, ya know?:tongue:

Like I shared you'll get loads of responses more than likely but if you want to read even more there's a lot in the archives where many have shared tips, brands etc. in the past.:flowerforyou:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    at a D cup you have a lot of options.. moving comfort, champion, and under armor are all in the $30-$50 range and i hear pretty good for high impact stuff.

anything over a B cup you really need to get brands that are made for athletic purposes and not just the target/walmart crap.
  • kaotik26
    Options
    Thank you! :happy:
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bump - on the lookout for a new one myself actually.
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Champion PowerBack does not disappoint! Can find a good deal online, too.
  • kmpublishing2
    kmpublishing2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38F, normally, but I found that the 38DD Armour Bra from UnderArmour works well for me. Lots of support and the girls fit. When I'm running I usually add a second sports bra overtop, but usually it's something stretchy with more coverage-- like a cheap C9 Champion bra from Target. They work well, last a while, and aren't as expensive as the Armour Bra!
  • ennuifreezone
    ennuifreezone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Enell has a great reputation among my friends, but you definitely have to lay down some cash for it! Might be worth it though if you can't find a cheaper one that works for you.
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    my fave is from Under Armour. It costs $50.00 and zips in the front. My girls don't move!!! I suggest trying on several and doing jumping jacks in the fitting room. You'll know how well the bra work before buying it :)
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Enell has worked for me from H to FF. It's rather corset-like and expensive, but wears like iron and has serious motion control.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Got one at Old navy 3 years ago and it is still my favorite. Comfy, supportive and makes my boobs look awesome! My other two make my boobs look like pancakes.
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    none
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I got a good one from M&S - I believe they do now ship to the US if you check out their website. I found the sports bras variable but THIS one is great http://www.marksandspencer.com/High-Impact-Underwired-Push-Sports/dp/B003ZC5NPC?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_5&nodeId=52459031&sr=1-5&qid=1370522176&pf_rd_r=0A93QZ2Q9731Z3C9H603&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=52459031&pf_rd_p=321381387&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

(Product code T336430B if the link doesn't work.)
  • KKrdcs
    KKrdcs Posts: 30
    Options
    I stick to Nike Dri-fit bras, and have sworn by them for a long time. I buy mine so that they're tight, as they do loosen with time, but find that I get good use out of them before that happens, They're regularly about $35 or so, but everytime I find them on sale anywhere I buy at least one, knowing I will get use out of them.
    Under Armour just came out with sports bras that are specified for your bust and cup size, I haven't personally tried them, but imagine that those would be very beneficial for the girls, They are about the same price as Nike I believe.
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Enell is my fav. Pricey but suggest that you get fitted and then look online. There is always a online supplier that gives some kind of discount and free shipping (even to Canada). Last time paid about $ 60 ish per
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    my fave is from Under Armour. It costs $50.00 and zips in the front. My girls don't move!!! I suggest trying on several and doing jumping jacks in the fitting room. You'll know how well the bra work before buying it :)

Yep I do high knees in the dressing room to see if they work!
    I have bras from Nike, Adidas, Champion and Old Navy and weirdly enough the Old Navy one is my favorite. It has those removable soft cups inside and I find that they hold things in place very well and provide a shield against those times when it's uh...really cold out. I'm a B cup though so not sure if that changes things.
  • chickadelta
    Options
    shock absorber B5044 womens run bra

lol, copied that off Amazon and just realised it said 'women's run bra'

they don't do them for men
  • MomKG
    MomKG Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am still looking but I wanted to let you know that I a disappointed with my Nike bra. I am also a 38D and still find I have to wear 2 bras when running. So this is one I would suggest against.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    at a D cup you have a lot of options.. moving comfort, champion, and under armor are all in the $30-$50 range and i hear pretty good for high impact stuff.

anything over a B cup you really need to get brands that are made for athletic purposes and not just the target/walmart crap.
    thanks for the heads up ...much prefer the zip in the front or hook in the back over the pull over style..at least for now, as I get smaller my options will become larger I'm sure. Looking forward to that!

Some really helpful input on this thread... much appreciated!

Hearts:heart:
  • andijean31
    andijean31 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Enell is my fav. Pricey but suggest that you get fitted and then look online. There is always a online supplier that gives some kind of discount and free shipping (even to Canada). Last time paid about $ 60 ish per

I recommend Enell as well. It's the only one that works for me - 42DD.
  • kaotik26
    Options
    none

Hahahaha, guys are funny! :wink:

Thanks for the ideas everyone!!:flowerforyou: