Hi Everyone.

Options
My name is Jenn and I am new to the site. I am starting to lose weight.....again. I just can't seem to stay motivated but I am determined with help and support I can do it. School starts next week so I can start my 3 mile walks again and I have already started eating right. I am a stay at home mom with a 8 yr old son and 4 yr old daughter with Down Syndrome who always keeps me on the go. My motivation is to be around for them. My mom died from Cancer when she was 48 and I don't want to be that to my kids.

I have started a support group on Facebook called Chubby Buddies that offers support and diet tips as well as a place to post what works for you. It helps but I love the calorie and exercise counter on here!! If you want to check it out, just request to join when you get to the page. It's fun!!

Anyways, that is all from here. Hope to start posting some weight loss numbers here soon. Take care!
Jenn <3

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

I will check out your Facebook group for sure. I've also created a Facebook group, simply called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people & posts over that way, too! Please feel free to join: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • Pete1977
    Pete1977 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey all... I'm a new member here as well. I'm hoping that the positive encouragement and website tools will help me to stay accountable to myself and finally get back to a healthy weight. I know it's going to be an incredibly long journey, but I guess it needs to start with the decision to take the first step. So, here we go! I'll post numbers as well, as soon as I have some results to post ;)
  • dreamm
    dreamm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, this is a great site, it's helped me loads. Plenty of people here too motivate and help you on your way. :smile: