Starting Insanity on Monday June 3rd

Options

Replies

• lisser25
    lisser25 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am doing Insanity for the first time and just completed day 2. WOW!!! I am really going to need some support to get through this.
  • missawissa
    Options
    Sshhhheeeeewwwww! Just started 2nd month of insanity today. Yowza! Glad I came across this, feel better already knowing I'm not alone :-)
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm on day six of Insanity and would love to join your groups.
  • paulagj
    paulagj Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Started today, completed the Fit test....I forgot how insane this workout is...But it did feel good : )
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    This is great. We have over 90 and counting in my group on My fitness pal. We also 35 members on my Facebook group. Both groups are growing and I am accepting all requests. The links to both groups are below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14116-total-team-beachbody-support-group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/527307200663612/

Some members are in both because they like the motivational and educational videos I post and love being accountable in both boards. Keep up the awesome work everyone. Anyone who works out to any Team Beachbody program is welcome to join.

Thanks Ryan
  • priyasonty
    priyasonty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Did my first fit test yesterday and day 2 today - first time through! I would love support and get support from anyone else - please add me and I will add you as well!
  • 1chubbychicken1
    1chubbychicken1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just Finished Day Two, Plyometric Cardio Circuit, followed by a well earned hot shower!!! Today was so intense!! I was drenched in sweat and my legs were so sore before i even started but they feel pretty good now that i'm finished!!!

Things I noticed about today, my brain is my own worst enemy (as usual) Towards the end i was having a hard time doing the drills and fighting with myself to keep pushing through, i got so frustrated that I almost started crying, it definitely brought up some of my anger with myself for getting so out of shape over the winter. so instead of curling up on the floor and crying like a baby, i ended up using my anger to get through it, i was yelling (and cursing) with each jump just like the girls on the video lol (thank god for privacy) but it felt really good in the end! I've come to the conclusion that being angry while working my *kitten* off is far better than sitting on the couch being angry about eating all the potatoe chips :D

cheers everyone!

**footnote: i hope nobody notices me walking bowlegged (like a lady of the evening) on my way to and from school for the next few days!! ;)
  • amandabcdefg
    amandabcdefg Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i skipped the fit test this round, and started with plyo yesterday. following up with cardio p&r today! i'll most likely take two rests (sat&sun) instead of the one, since i'm also incorporating some outdoor running in once i finish the dvd daily.

i did it this way last summer, staying on the schedule as far as order of workouts but taking weekends off.. and lost a pant size in the first month. anxious to try to get back into it this time! i always seem to start, get through the first few days, and just get so tired! its hard when theres nobody to motivate you to get going, imo. i had a workout buddy who lived in another state last round and we texted each other to motivate each other to get up and get it done!
  • DPruneda17
    DPruneda17 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Okay, I was just considering whether I should start Insanity... Tried it about 3 months ago and made it just a couple of weeks! Would love to get through it this time! This should be good motivation! Time for swimsuit bodies!!
  • teamryan90
    Options
    We are up to 99 members in Group on My Fitness Pal for Insanity and All Team Beachbody Fitness Programs. Anyone else interested the link is below or friend me with a message. I also have a Facebook Group for more motivation and support. My Facebook Group has 37 members. The links to both are below. Everyone working out to any Team Beachbody Fitness program is welcome to join one or both.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14116-total-team-beachbody-support-group

• 1chubbychicken1
    Options
    Leg Stiffness and Pain!!! Beginners

just a quick post this morning because im suffering! I haven't done my day three Cardio Power & Resistance yet...
    I have been having really bad leg stiffness and pain since day two, it hurts to get out of bed in the morning, i cant walk properly and i cant sit down without falling back into it :D

If you just started Insanity and you're suffering like me I found a good remedy for this is to keep slowly moving, walking and stretching, until your muscles warm up. For instance I walk to and from my daughters school every morning, about 25 mins altogether. it starts off slow, going down a long steep hill, then i push myself coming back up the hill and i've found that when i start off im in a fair bit of pain but by the time i get home my muscles are good and warmed up, ready for another round :D
    Im going to keep warming up and stretching before and after my videos and see if it makes a lasting difference. And try to keep moving throughout the day, even if its just wiggling the legs, it helps keep them loose!

How is everyone else doing? :D Cheers xx
  • Klashondra
    Options
    I started insanity on 5/31/2013 and I am so sore I can barely move. I am going to try to keep going if I stop I will fall completly off the bandwagon and I can't afford to start again, I have to make the choice to do this for me. Pray for me. LOL!!!:flowerforyou:
  • DPruneda17
    DPruneda17 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Started this morning. Didn't do the fit test, just started right away with day 2. I haven't worked out since I went back to work 2 months ago... so figured this should be interesting!! :wink:
    I got through the warm-up okay, and the stretches (but was pretty stiff), then got through the first set of excercises before I just had to stop! HOLY! I let my breathing come down, then started up again towards the end of the workout. Then stopped again! Please tell me I'm not the only one that can't get through a whole workout?! This will definitley be something I work up to! And I didn't think I was too badly out of shape either...! Oops!
  • teamryan90
    Options
    This is great. We have 107 members and counting in my group on My fitness pal. We also 39 members on my Facebook group. Both groups are growing and I am accepting all requests. The links to both groups are below.

Some members are in both because they like the motivational and educational videos I post and love being accountable in both groups. Keep up the awesome work everyone. Anyone who works out to any Team Beachbody program is welcome to join.

Thanks Ryan
  • cowboy032587
    cowboy032587 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Started the p90x/insanity hybrid about 16 days ago and it is killer. Down 8 pounds already and toning up quick. The merger of these two workouts is crazy but i love the way i feel after each one!!! Makes you feel like you've done something
  • 1chubbychicken1
    Options
    Day 4 woohoo ! looking forward to Cardio Recovery i hope i get lots of good stretching in this morning :) my legs are feeling better all the time. I had a nice hour long walk this morning and did some hills so my legs are warmed up and ready to go :) I hope everyone is feeling good too :D xx
  • 1chubbychicken1
    Options
    just quick update, Cardio Recovery done and what a nice treat that was!! it felt so good!! (except the floor jumping bit. those brought back some bad memories from yesterday ;)
  • 1chubbychicken1
    Options
    Started the p90x/insanity hybrid about 16 days ago and it is killer. Down 8 pounds already and toning up quick. The merger of these two workouts is crazy but i love the way i feel after each one!!! Makes you feel like you've done something

This sounds like an interesting combo, i might like to try this when im finished insanity, i dont have many problems gaining or losing weight but i've never successfully toned up the way i would like to, my legs get really toned, my arms get defined but not as nice as i would like them and im always a little bit soft in the middle no matter what lol

that must be so intense doing both, im both jealous and inspired!! i want to be in total beast mode this summer :D
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ShamelesslyFlawed
    ShamelesslyFlawed Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Insanity is going well for my husband & I! We are making it all the way through each video and not giving up at all! We are feeling really good in the mornings now too (we are actually sleeping through the night). There are times when I am screaming and hollering and yelling things like "Are you {Bleep}ing SERIOUS!?!?!?" But, we fight through and feel so glad we did it. Although it's not the prettiest, it's nice to see the people on the TV actually taking breaks throughout the workout....K & I don't feel so lame when we have too!

I do have a question though...What shoes do you all wear?!? I have two pairs and neither have worked for me. The arch of my right foot is in a lot of pain with some of the moves that it makes me have to stop and let it relax for a few seconds before I do so more. It's mostly on the jumping moves. I know there is nothing wrong with it and that it is mostly the shoes that I am wearing but I can't see to find a good pair. Any recommendations to try would be FABULOUS!

Keep digging deep y'all!

Nic