Healthy Pizza!!! YAY!!!

karmasBFF
karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
We Tried It: 4 Healthy Frozen Pizzas

These 4 healthy frozen pizzas were our winners for taste and nutrition.

From the editors of FITNESS magazine

Tasty, Healthy Pizza Choices
Once, your only options were sinfully delicious delivery and sad, soggy frozen pies. Not anymore. We scavenged the freezer aisles to find the tastiest and healthiest choices. Our picks:

Stouffer's Lean Cuisine Deep Dish Margherita Pizza
Per pie: 320 calories, 9g fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 4g fiber

The fresh-tasting sauce has real diced tomatoes. Plus, the pseudo-metallic cooking surface actually produces a crisp, golden, deep-dish-style crust.

DiGiorno Harvest Wheat Thin Crispy Crust Supreme Pizza
Per slice: 250 calories, 8g fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 4g fiber

If you have time to wait for an oven-baked pie, DiGiorno delivers a delicious made-with-whole-grains alternative to the standard white-flour crust.

South Beach Diet Harvest Wheat Crust Pepperoni Pizza
Per pie: 350 calories, 12g fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 9g fiber

So it's a little higher in fat. The full-size slices of pepperoni, the evenly melted cheese, and the impressive nine grams of fiber are worth it.

Amy's Whole Wheat Crust Pizza Cheese & Pesto
Per slice: 360 calories, 18g fat, 4g saturated fat, 2g fiber

Pesto is a tasty twist. But beware: Organic means you're probably steering clear of pesticides and growth hormones, but it doesn't mean low-fat.

Replies

• vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    what is the sodium content for them????
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    what is the sodium content for them????

exactly - it's usually quite high for frozen entrees.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    This week, I made my own dough (yeast, sugar, water, flour) and my own pizza sauce (no salt added tomato sauce, italian seasonings, dash of salt and pepper, garlic and olive oil) and topped my pizza with turkey pepperoni, and a slew of veggies. My pizza came in at about the same calorie count as a frozen pizza but it was SO much more filling and fresh and tasty than any frozen pizza I've ever had.

When I have to eat frozen, I buy the DiGiorno 200 calorie pizza and pair it with a side salad.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    This week, I made my own dough (yeast, sugar, water, flour) and my own pizza sauce (no salt added tomato sauce, italian seasonings, dash of salt and pepper, garlic and olive oil) and topped my pizza with turkey pepperoni, and a slew of veggies. My pizza came in at about the same calorie count as a frozen pizza but it was SO much more filling and fresh and tasty than any frozen pizza I've ever had.

When I have to eat frozen, I buy the DiGiorno 200 calorie pizza and pair it with a side salad.

Me 2! I looove the 200 cal digiorno pizza's i pair mine with salad as well, i try not to eat more than once a week due to sodium content.
  • You have to try AC LaRocco Pizza, it’s the healthiest pizza on the planet and it’s delicious!!! All of AC LaRocco’s pizzas are high in fiber and whole grains, a good source of protein while being light in sodium (they offer the pizza with the lowest sodium on the market), low in fat and low in calories. All of the pizzas are made with organic and all natural ingredients and 7 out of 8 of their pizzas are vegetarian. They use fresh frozen vegetables, frozen within 4 to 6 hours of harvest to lock in the highest level of nutrients.
    They are Diabetic and Weight Watchers Friendly (4-5 points for 1/2 of a pizza depending on the variety).
    You can eat an entire pizza for under 650 calories and still get more than 50 grams of whole grains, more than 30 grams of protein and fiber!!!!
    You can find AC LaRocco pizzas in your natural frozen foods case in grocery stores nationwide. Check out the store locator and all of the nutritional facts at www.aclarocco.com
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Thanks for the info!
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    I know the lean cuisine one is like 540mg. I like that pizza and have had it a few times.
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Dr. Oetker Thin Crust Pizza Spinaci -- it's the frozen put-it-in-the-oven-you-slacker variety. A quarter pizza is 220 calories (2 slices) and the bready bits are at a minimum. Obviously too much sodium but that and a light spinach salad or some steamed veggies is a lovely dinner.

Mirii
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Here is a healthy pizza recipe
    You Won't Believe it's Cauliflower Pizza Crust

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower**
    1 egg
    1 cup mozzarella cheese
    1/2tsp fennel
    1 tsp oregano
    2 tsp parsley

pizza or alfredo sauce
    toppings
    mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.

Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted.
This discussion has been closed.