Almased

Options

Replies

• Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't this be the same as drinking a protein shake 3x a day etc? What is so different about Almased that is different from say drinking Body by Vi, Slim Fast or another protein shake? Just curious. I actually read about it in a Woman's Day magazine and then looked it up here on My Fitness Pal to see what others thought.

Can someone that is actually using this product post all the ingredients that are in this product ?

Also what is the difference between the Snergy and Multi Powder ?

Thanks
  • rvbarton
    rvbarton Posts: 4
    Options
    Just my 2 cents regarding the Almased protein powder vs normal protein powder.

I don't know the difference. I've label checked the ingredients and they are close. I've tried drinking a muscle mass protein shake instead of the Almased, and it didn't hold me for as long as the Almased does. I'm sure mileage will vary per individual, but I have had the best luck at not being hungry using the Almased.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options

I don't know the difference. I've label checked the ingredients and they are close. I've tried drinking a muscle mass protein shake instead of the Almased, and it didn't hold me for as long as the Almased does. I'm sure mileage will vary per individual, but I have had the best luck at not being hungry using the Almased.

I just read about it an wondered about the contents, I did find the ingedients online though. SO how do u get around the bad taste and gritty-ness of it like poeple are mentioning ?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    lots of alternatives out there to try.............................
    Part of the reason so many of us are where we are is due to disordered eating and I feel that use of these types of drinks/supplements is more of the same. We (I) need to learn how to manage food for the every day and work on behavioral changes.

hope you find what works for you and what is safe.:heart:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    If you like Almased (and I LOVED the stuff), add some vanilla and cinnamon to it. I loved it with the vanilla and cinnamon.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I thought I would try it instead of my usually protein shakes, but it tastes like *kitten*. Only tried it once, and now it's hanging out in my cupboard until I get around to throwing it away.
  • Achilcoat1122
    Options
    I'm Hypothyroid too and Soy can interfere with your Synthroid medications. I use the Almased but I was told by my Dr. to wait atleast 3 hours after I take my pill to have any. People with Hypothyroid can have soy but its not really recomended. I have had no problem losing weight on the Almased. It is a little chalky but I use Almond milk, with either a tsp. of cinnamon or unsweetened cocoa with 1 sweet n low and 6 tbsp. of the Almased instead of 8tbsp. :smile:
  • rvbarton
    Options

I just read about it an wondered about the contents, I did find the ingedients online though. SO how do u get around the bad taste and gritty-ness of it like poeple are mentioning ?

I dunno. The first few days, I swear the Almased shakes tasted like a liquid hayfield, but I guess I got used to it. Now I actually enjoy the taste of them.
  • rvbarton
    Options
    If you like Almased (and I LOVED the stuff), add some vanilla and cinnamon to it. I loved it with the vanilla and cinnamon.

I agree with this. I've started using it with Vanilla flavored Almond milk, and it's quite good.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    I was in my Health food store by my house buying some honey and happened to see this product on the shelf
    so I asked the guy that owns the shop and he said this stuff really works well and you can lose weight on it, He sells
    alot of it but its pricey. Just thought I would add this info.

I have NOT tried it I use protein powder instead but you never know till u try it. Just saying
  • momthenurse
    momthenurse Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just started using it and love it. There are other reasons besides weight loss to use this stuff. :happy:
  • momthenurse
    momthenurse Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The local health food store had it for $39.99. Vitacost currently has it for $19.99. Great price. I haven't checked any other sites but will.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    I just started using it and love it. There are other reasons besides weight loss to use this stuff. :happy:

How do you like the way it tastes ? Ive heard several people say that it does not taste very good at all, DO you add anything to it or drink it s it says too ?

Hows your energy and weight loss since trying it ?
  • sloopem
    sloopem Posts: 1
    Options
    So I'm new here and I just saw this post and wanted to add my two cents.

I absolutely swear by this product. Anyone wanting to get in shape, have an easy breakfast solution, just generally feel better..Almased all the way! This product is really popular in Germany, I first discovered it over there when I was looking for a breakfast replacement.

I've tried so many protein powders but this is the only one that can keep me full 5, even 6 hours. The taste has a bad reputation and I can understand that, I suppose. I make mine with water ( I've stopped eating sugar) so it actually tastes kind of sweet to me. I've also made it with almond milk, a couple of ice cubes, and cinnamon or cocoa powder.

Someone earlier mentioned the lack of science behind it, but on the website there are links to all the research and studies done in Germany behind it. I took it to my aunt, who is a bariatric nurse practitioner, and she approved it.

To some a 3-day liquid fast may be daunting..even just drinking it for breakfast will give you a change in energy, I believe.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    So I'm new here and I just saw this post and wanted to add my two cents.

I absolutely swear by this product. Anyone wanting to get in shape, have an easy breakfast solution, just generally feel better..Almased all the way! This product is really popular in Germany, I first discovered it over there when I was looking for a breakfast replacement.

I've tried so many protein powders but this is the only one that can keep me full 5, even 6 hours. The taste has a bad reputation and I can understand that, I suppose. I make mine with water ( I've stopped eating sugar) so it actually tastes kind of sweet to me. I've also made it with almond milk, a couple of ice cubes, and cinnamon or cocoa powder.

Someone earlier mentioned the lack of science behind it, but on the website there are links to all the research and studies done in Germany behind it. I took it to my aunt, who is a bariatric nurse practitioner, and she approved it.

To some a 3-day liquid fast may be daunting..even just drinking it for breakfast will give you a change in energy, I believe.

Thanks for your input, So have u seen weight loss using this product ? Just curious if you only use for breakfast etc ?
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I wonder what happens when you start eating real food again. Which you will, because you are human, and humans like food.
  • zelda1113
    zelda1113 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify some of the misinformation here:

1. You can have soy if you have hypothyroidism as long as it is fermented soy, which the soy in Almased is.
    2. The soy in Almased is non GMO so it has nothing to do with Monsanto.

I believe Almased is like any other meal replacement powder. It allows you to take in protein and nutrients easily and without a lot of calories. Personally, I have tried Raw Meal, Vega and some others. Almased and Fruitein Greens Powder both work for me and keep me satisfied until lunch. Just like anything else you need to find what works for you. I don't think it is a good idea to replace all of your meals with this stuff because you need to eat real food, but for an occasional breakfast or snack, I think it is great. I actually like the taste because it is not super sweet.
  • zelda1113
    zelda1113 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :smile: