Dating Rules

Options
legnarevocrednu
legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
Okay so I'm bored at work, and purposely left my phone at home today. I need entertainment! Anyways, I'm new to the dating scene (last year or so) and really the only rule I have is regarding sexual relations. The earliest it would happen is the 4th date (and that's if I'm feelin it). Do any of you have/had rules regarding dates, or a dating relationship? I.e. texting, appropriate time to date before expecting something official, etc. Curious and maybe I can steal some. I have a tendency to overtext and send long text messages (I'm an English major so could write a book lol) and I'm trying sooo hard to stop. One of the reasons I left my phone at home actually! :blushing:

Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Put out on the first date.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Rules are too limiting. I prefer to wing it and do what feels right to me. :)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    #1 RULES ARE STUPID......how about 2 people just go out and have fun, call each other if they want to talk and have "relations" when they are ready to have "relations"... I'm a grown up I don't have time for teenage dating games ... (no offense to the OP but rules drive me nuts)
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    No rules. I just do stuff.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I usually play it by ear but I try not to 'have relations' within the first few dates.
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    I have been married for 26 years. My opinion? Go fishing. Thats the only rule.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Does and don’t in Romance

Do tell her you like her skin
    Don’t tell her you want to wear it…

Do tell her after a while in relationship how you are jealous of her shoes because they take her away from you
    Don’t tell her that you wish to wear her shoes so you could be with her every step of the way, on the first date…

Do tell her you love how she looks in her sleep
    Don’t tell her this while looking through her houses window from outside at 3 AM…

Do tell her how smooth she feels after shaving
    Don’t ask her if you can have the hair for making a doll that you’ll be using later on…

Do workout with her at the gym
    Don’t start licking her sweat telling her you will be returning her the fluids later on…

Do kiss her feet
    Don’t start biting her nails saying “mmm, crunchy, kinda like the chicken bones”

Do surprise her with champagne
    Don’t put roofie in it and then kidnap her, keeping her in the basement, collecting her belly button lint and feeding it to her and her cat and when the cat gets nice and fat from the lint, shaving the cat and making a wig out of the hair.
  • 70XSeventy
    70XSeventy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to have dating rules when I was in college. Now that I've grown up a little and realized that not every situation is black and white, I tossed the "rules" out the window and I'm a lot happier for it.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Rules are silly. Why would you limit yourself?
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'm bored at work, and purposely left my phone at home today. I need entertainment! Anyways, I'm new to the dating scene (last year or so) and really the only rule I have is regarding sexual relations. The earliest it would happen is the 4th date (and that's if I'm feelin it). Do any of you have/had rules regarding dates, or a dating relationship? I.e. texting, appropriate time to date before expecting something official, etc. Curious and maybe I can steal some. I have a tendency to overtext and send long text messages (I'm an English major so could write a book lol) and I'm trying sooo hard to stop. One of the reasons I left my phone at home actually! :blushing:
    Why did you purposely leave your phone at home today?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Why did you purposely leave your phone at home today?

I'm a helper.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I see you're a big texter.

Don't text the guy you're dating with inane bull****.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Don't call your wife! Hate when they do that.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    As long as the person is of the human variety, I'm ok.

This rule is negotiable.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

Don’t tell her this while looking through her houses window from outside at 3 AM…

Don’t start licking her sweat telling her you will be returning her the fluids later on…

Ha!
  • Michaelsdin
    Michaelsdin Posts: 146
    Options
    I have been married for 26 years. My opinion? Go fishing. Thats the only rule.

+1 WHICH REMINDS ME I NEED TO GO FISHING AGAIN LOL
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm not into "rules," per se, but there are definitely things that will happen (or not happen) that will suggest how compatible we are. I would never make a list because then I'm basically creating a test for him to pass or fail. I just want to get to know who he is. It shouldn't be a test. You either find each other attractive and enjoy each other's company, or you don't.
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Do tell her after a while in relationship how you are jealous of her shoes because they take her away from you
    Don’t tell her that you wish to wear her shoes so you could be with her every step of the way, on the first date…

Do tell her how smooth she feels after shaving
    Don’t ask her if you can have the hair for making a doll that you’ll be using later on…

Do kiss her feet
    Don’t start biting her nails saying “mmm, crunchy, kinda like the chicken bones”

Do surprise her with champagne
    Don’t put roofie in it and then kidnap her, keeping her in the basement, collecting her belly button lint and feeding it to her and her cat and when the cat gets nice and fat from the lint, shaving the cat and making a wig out of the hair.

OMG LOVE IT HAHHAHAH gave me a great giggle
  • HoneyDaggers
    HoneyDaggers Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Don't call your wife! Hate when they do that.

Keep the phone out of reach while you're ridin'
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Do any of you have/had rules regarding dates, or a dating relationship? I.e. texting, appropriate time to date before expecting something official, etc. Curious and maybe I can steal some. I have a tendency to overtext and send long text messages (I'm an English major so could write a book lol) and I'm trying sooo hard to stop. One of the reasons I left my phone at home actually! :blushing:

Wouldn't you use e.g. in this instance?