Jillian Michaels detox drink?

Has anyone tried Jillian Michaels detox drink? I started it yesterday and you can lose up to 5 lbs in 7 days. Thoughts and comments please...

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    No
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    i tried it and i find it disgusting
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Has anyone tried Jillian Michaels detox drink? I started it yesterday and you can lose up to 5 lbs in 7 days. Thoughts and comments please...

What exactly is it detoxing? If you say toxins, state which toxins
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member

What exactly is it detoxing? If you say toxins, state which toxins

You and your silly logic and evidence...

OP: all it does is calorie restrict and you'll lose water weight. It's useless, your body has your liver and kidneys to detox anything that you don't need in your body.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Save your money, in fact if you see the terms "detox" or "cleanse" your BS detector should kick into high gear. They are two words that are bandied about as they sound miraculous but in reality are completely meaningless in the context of weight management.

I'm sure the supplement in question also comes with an eating plan which is what is responsible for any weight lost.

If you do the math to lose 5lbs of fat (which is what we want to do) in one week would require a caloric deficit of 2,500 cal per day......
  • I actually didn't mind it and thought it tasted good (as long as it was cold and not room temp). It helped me get in all of my water for the day. I was also following a healthy diet with exercise so I can't really say that it helped me lose more weight just because of that. Everything in it is natural so give it a try. :)
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Jillian Micheals is hot. JM is flogging a product to help us lose weight. This may lead one to believe that the hotness and the detox drink are related... but they're not. :yawn: .
  • lbuseth
    lbuseth Posts: 41
    Coach Kitten..Thanks for the feed back!

Katlifter...Thank you for the information!
  • I did it last time when I was having my period and did lose 5 lbs but gained 3 lbs back. I am doing it again, whether it helps with weightloss it is still a detox so it cant hurt to drink it.
  • shaunna424
    shaunna424 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm doing it and reducing my sodium for the next week, but only because of a weekend getaway the weekend after next. Shedding the water, flushing my system, and avoiding alcohol while sticking to my diet and exercise regimen I hope will lead to better bikini photos. I'll let you guys know what ends up happening.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Save your money, in fact if you see the terms "detox" or "cleanse" your BS detector should kick into high gear. They are two words that are bandied about as they sound miraculous but in reality are completely meaningless in the context of weight management.

I'm sure the supplement in question also comes with an eating plan which is what is responsible for any weight lost.

If you do the math to lose 5lbs of fat (which is what we want to do) in one week would require a caloric deficit of 2,500 cal per day......
    QFT, especially the bolded part. "Detoxes" and "cleanses" are the current buzzword in the diet scam industry - the only thing they'll make lighter is your wallet. The human body is perfectly capable of detoxing/cleansing itself - as evidenced by the fact that we still exist after however many million years before Dr. Oz, Jillian and all these other scamsters came along. The path to losing weight comes through a reasonable caloric deficit, plain and simple.

For a little more scientific discussion of it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821828-detoxes-and-cleanses